LD4all Quest 86: October: Plant a Seed!

LD4all Quest 86: October: Plant a Seed!
Author: Rhewin; Suggested by: Magnus

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Plant a Seed!
A seed is a very surprising thing. It starts as something tiny enough to hold on the tip of your finger and can grow to be one of the largest trees on the planet. Or maybe it will just become a tiny blade of grass, almost unnoticeable but just as impressive.

Now, what happens if you plant a seed in a dream? I have no idea. Maybe you’ll get a plant, maybe you’ll get an animal, or maybe you’ll get some odd thing in between. But why speculate if we can find out? That’s right, this month your Quest is to plant a seed and see what grows!

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Plant a seed.
  • Wait for it to grow (or make it grow).
  • Optional: taste what grows on it.
  • Post what you find here.

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Qu will only give wings if you feel you have been succesfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

Qu will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Tips for Completing this Quest

• As you do your dream incubation, picture yourself planting a seed and something growing.
  • If you can’t find a seed, reach into your pocket and expect one to be there.
  • Pick a seed off of another plant.
  • Water the spot the seed was planted in to help it grow.

Good luck, hope you have a green thumb! :tardis:

Sounds awesome, gonna try it out!
Also, someone seems to have missed my wings from last quest :razz:

Oops, I’ll get that fixed right away!

Haha, thanks.

gonna try this tonight and mooost likely fail
theres always tomorrow [url=GoogleEarthNightSky]night![/url]
:3

Since we’re running a few days late and no one has finished the Quest, you all get an extension until December. Yaaaaay :happy:

Thanks for the update. I will complete this quest. :yes:

I failed :sigh:

I tried this during a nap today but did not have success.

I walked out the back of a house I was in, into a fancy indoor patio, or garden atrium type room with white and black tiles. (See below picture, it looked like that except less plants.) It was very fancy, there were glass ceilings and glass tables with tea sets. Two women were sitting in plush chairs, but they barely moved or acknowledged me.

Lately I have been enjoying exploring my dreamscapes while I’m lucid but this time I miraculously remembered the quest!!

I thought it might be cool to try to plant a seed inside of the atrium. I try to smash at the tiles to make a hole for the seed but the tiles are impenetrable. I grab a teacup and try to smash the tiles with it, but the teacup smashed to bits instead. I decide to give up on that idea, and focus on finding a seed. I reach inside my pocket and it’s empty, but then when I look back at the table a small pod of seeds has appeared.

I take the seed pod outside of the atrium into a small backyard. This backyard is also covered in tile, but brown stucco tiles. This is the worst dream to try to plant a seed! I can’t find any bare ground. Near the edge of the yard by the fence there is some bare ground. I’m feeling the dream start to drift away, I’m going to wake up any second. I toss the seed over to the area where tall grass is spurting out between the fence and the tile. I’m trying to will the seed to grow before I wake up, but alas, it all dissolves and I’m awake.

My next lucid dream I will try to visit this place again and see if anything grew!

Wow dreamincolor! that was so close! If you think you did enough it would count as the quest completed.

I think I’ll try to complete the next quest for real lol! this one didn’t get far enough before I woke up :smile:

So I went lucid last night. but as soon as I realized I’m lucid, I remembered my mission. I looked around to find a patch of ground to plant in but realized I am suspended in air. I tried flying somewhere or to get down but it was like one of those nightmares where the harder you try to move, the less you actually manage to. it was like treading water but I was treading air. at some point I felt my lucidity fading so I rubbed my hands together (and wow! my sense of feel was so convincing that I couldn’t help but wonder if my sleeping body was actually rubbing hands) at that point everything went black besides for my hands and without anything to dream about I woke up. :frowning:
Oh well…I tried…