Video Game Dreams

Anyone have a really cool/funny/crazy video game dream? By video game dream, I mean dreams where you’re in a video game.

Most of the dream actually had nothing to do with games, and only one part looked like it.

Here’s mine: So we were hiking up a very strange mountain with lots of glaciers and snow. Suddenly a storm started, but the storm was all these huge tornadoes moving around in circles. We ran back down the mountain to see an “Industrial Glacier” (That’s what we called them in the dream). They were these indoor rooms in the middle of a bunch of buildings, that for whatever reason were scary in the dream. They were actually quite warm, and all the ice was in tubes. As the ice melted, the tubes moved back. Instead of walking on a boardwalk to the glacier, which was 20 feet away, we spent 2 DAYS trying to swim to it. :eek: We finally got inside the industrial glacier and I was terrified. We found this cave and went into it. The whole cave looked like Minecraft and even had coal ore. A few days later in Dream Standard Time we went back to the cave, and someone fell in a hole. Very messed up dream. The only video game part were the Minecraft caves.

There was an old topic i need to get this off my chest… (game dreams)

I will now go to look for one of mine and edit it in.

EDIT

Heh heh… I have video game dreams all the time… A huge chunk of my dreams seem to feature Minecraft for example. Had one such dream this morning. :tongue:

Minecraft dreams are awesome :happy: Had a cookie clicker dream today. My milk level was over 1000%, the milk was purple, and called “Scary Milk”.

I have video game related dreams very often, but usually I am in the perspective of an outside observer.

For a while I had a lot of Dance Dance Revolutions dreams but they seem to have stopped now.

Games influence my dreams maybe 2-5 times a month. Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft, Planetside 2, Path of Exile, Minecraft, Call of Duty and Mass Effect just to name a few.

Here’s one I had two weeks ago.

I usually dream I’m playing a game if it has significantly engrossed me lately, and especially if I’ve been playing it in the last few hours before going to sleep. Strategy games seem to do that to me more often than RPGs, my other favorite genre. That, and if the game requires a good amount of repetition. Still, these instances are pretty rare, just a couple of times every few months or less.

I don’t think I ever had dreams where I actually was in a video game.

I play World of Warcraft and if I’ve had a day long binge of playing, I often dream I am still playing. One time I had a regular dream with my father in it and we were trying to get somewhere and I pulled up the WoW map and said I knew where to go and how to get there. I thought that was pretty funny.

A few nights ago I dreamed I was in a video game. I was stuck on a particular level. At one point I spent several minutes as some sort of bee, trying and failing to drill into a huge rock with my stinger.

I’ve had lots of video game and computer game dreams–I play them too much in WL. :smiley: Did a search for 'em in my dream journal. Here’s a couple of the results, just for fun:

Sun. 23 June 2012

B. and I are playing Spiral Knights. But it’s been a while, so I am not prepared when we get into the room downstairs with the man in the black cloak who sics the dogs on us. I have the wrong sword equipped. I try to equip the right sword, but I can’t find the right button, and I’m losing health second by second as the “dog” becomes a bigger dog, then bigger, then something like a huge furry worm beast… I accidentally mash the button that escapes me back up to Haven. I reequip, then try to find my way back down. B. re-invites me and my settings are such that I don’t even see the invite – I just go. She’s finished that room, that side of the downstairs, and is now starting on the other side of downstairs…

Wed. 15 Jan. 2014

I inadvertantly succeed at a Fallen London challenge by leaving my character optimized for maxed Dangerous stats overnight–that is, overnight in game. I am surprised by a results page which tells me this, and also that my Dangerous stat has increased to–somewhere in the low quadruple digits, like 1188 or so. This seems ridiculous! Does that level even exist? I click over to my profile and look at my Qualities: it shows a Dangerous somewhere in the low triple digits, say 118 or 123. Which seems more realistic, but still, I am a little chagrined to miss out on all the game play I should have experienced to get to this level.

Alright! Last night some Dark Souls in a dream! :razz: I was farming the depths, I had the ability to turn invisible when I was crouched. I had a small, high level weapon that was hard to hold and I one-shotted some hollows with it. A small UI told me if I was invisible.

I once dreamed I was playing Planetary Annihilation.
Odd considering the fact that I’ve never actually played it.

Once i dreamed about “The Legend Of Zelda” and an other time about “Devil May Cry” pretty cool tho :smile: i guess it helps doing Video games dreams when you play video games before going to sleep

I often have dreams about video games that I play, especially if I play them non-stop (like I do). If I started naming them, the list would be too long. I’m either the protagonist again, or I’m hanging out with the protagonists, fighting alongside them. The last such dream that I had was after finishing ME3, because of all the frustration.

I also dream about books I finish, often writing the story after the ending in my dreams.