EN \ NL \ FR
Train your lucid dreaming skills:
Join the LD4all Quest and earn your Wings!
print ShareShare 

LD4all Quest 88: January: Back to School!

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Fri 03 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

Author: Rhewin

Each month, on LD4all Lucid Dreamers Unite we have a new Quest to explore your LD's in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Back to School!
Winter break is almost over and a lot of us are getting ready to head back to school. For me, I'm going back to University. But the other day I was thinking of the schools I have been to through my life. I remember teachers, friends, subjects, and all sorts of other things I really enjoyed. While I was feeling a bit nostalgic, I remembered something: lucid dreams let us go back.

So this month we'll be going back to school. Maybe you want to catch up with old friends you've lost touch with. Perhaps there's a teacher you really want to see again (or would like to tell them what you really thought of them). Hey, now's your chance to get back at or make peace with that bully. Who knows? Maybe you'll even learn something!

And hey, why stop at RL schools? I'm sure there's a lucidity school out there that could teach you a thing or two.

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Go to school (either one from your past or a new one)
  • Explore around and interact
  • Optional: attend class and see what you learn
  • Post what you find here.

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Qu will only give wings if you feel you have been succesfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

Qu will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Tips for Completing this Quest

• As you do your dream incubation, picture the school you want to travel to.
  • If it's one you attended, look through a yearbook or old pictures.
  • Think of the people you'd want to see.
  • If you're having a hard time finding someone, try calling their name or going to the room where you used to find them in your school days.

Good luck, and make sure you study. There may be a pop quiz! Rhewin

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Thorn has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 393

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

I became lucid inside my high school this morning. I spent some time learning about sentence structure.

Current LD goal(s): Get back into good LDing habits
Eilatan
The Lookout Rogue.
Head Scribe
Eilatan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: 乯

PostPosted: Tue 21 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

Had a dream a earlier in the month about being back at school and hugging people, so someone pointed out the Monthly Quest to me. Yesterday, after remembering that morning I had had a dream about being in school and summoning up an old friend, I decided to incubate the Quest. So did that, it can be found in the spoiler tags below. ^^

Okay before you all kill me, yes, although there was no lucidity in the dream I still believe I completed the Quest. "What is this outrageousness!?" I hear you all ask. Well, it's very simple, to me at least. The Quest said to incubate a dream of school, explore around and interact and then post what you find. Soo, that is what I did. As the saying goes, "So let it be written, so let it be done." And so it was done.

Can I has wings now? kiekeboe

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Current LD goal(s): Meet my dream guide

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Chat Mods
Scribes

PostPosted: Tue 28 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

@Eilatan

Rhewin wrote:
Each month, on LD4all Lucid Dreamers Unite we have a new Quest to explore your LD's in a fun way.

Sadly, unlike the LC, the Quest doesn't give wings just for completing the task. The very nature of the Quest is to give you something extra to do in lucid dreams, not to incubate a specific dream. While incubation is certainly important, it is not what determines completing the Quest or not.

I did take out the line of becoming lucid in the instructions because it was redundant. However, I could see how it might look like lucidity is not necessary. This is a technicality and semantics. But I'm not the final say on this, so we'll be back with an answer for you soon.

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Chat Mods
Scribes

PostPosted: Thu 30 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

OK, Eilatan, I got a response. The choice is yours in this case, but we want you to keep two things about the Quest in mind.

1. The wings are a reward for people who feel like they've completed the current Quest
2. The Quest is meant to be completed in an LD.

If you honestly feel like you completed the Quest as I just described, you can claim wings.

Cornelia Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Cornelia Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 314ā€”17/06/2
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

PostPosted: Fri 31 Jan, 2014  Reply with quote

Welp, on the night of the 27th and today (30th tounge2 ) I had an LD in which I was in school.

In the first dream I was running through a classroom being chased by a crazy old woman. In the second I was exploring my college campus. If the first doesn't cut it, the second most definitely does. tounge2

You can read about the 27th here (My Hand is a Camera!) and the 30th here (Lucid School Exploration).

Current LD goal(s): To Actually LD Regularly Again... Jeez...
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Chat Mods
Scribes

PostPosted: Tue 04 Feb, 2014  Reply with quote

Ok, I think that was enough extra time. Quest 88 is over.

Congratulations to
Thorn
Scipio Xaos
Eilatan!

The next Quest will be up shortly!

buttercup
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1

PostPosted: Tue 04 Feb, 2014  Reply with quote

Although I haven't yet completed a quest I love the idea. I love the varied and surprising results to a simple command. I just had an idea for either a task or some other sort of contest if there is an interest. How about describing an item like a telephone let's say. Or even something more boring like a shoe. We can post a picture of the object, ascribe magical powers to it (say the shoe freezes the wearer) and then we can challange users to conjure this object in their dream and use it. Thoughts?

vortexae
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 07 Feb, 2014  Reply with quote

Oddly enough, despite my not having a single one of my recurring "back in high school and it's halfway through the semester and I just realized I haven't done any homework for weeeeeeeks" dreams during the quest period, the quest did inspire me to approach things I need to learn in my day-to-day work as though I were "back in high school" -- that is, to move past my natural response of "Dude, this is basic stuff, I'm way beyond this already" and instead just humbly go back to the basics and see what they have to teach me.

And once I genuinely engaged with the lessons at hand, turned out they had bunches to teach me.

So thank you!

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare