False Lucid Dreams -.-

I’ve had 3 “False Lucid Dreams” in the past three days. Two of them happening early this morning. I practice ADA so my dream recall is very good, and in these false lucid dreams I essentially called bullshit and said to myself “I’m dreaming”

The first instance was my tooth falling out when I was standing in front of my bathroom mirror :wow: , followed promptly by all of my other teeth falling out. At this point I told myself I’m definitely dreaming, but there was no reality checking, no rush of control, and it still felt like a normal dream, even though the rest of the dream was kind of what I would have done, had I actually become lucid.

The second instance I came out of my bedroom and there were these weird decorations everywhere, I called bullshit right away. In both of these FLD’s I tried to change stuff and do stuff but it didn’t work :nuu:. Find a person of interest, summon a gun, ect.

If anyone could let me know how to possibly work an FLD into a real one that would be amazing. really appreciate any help from you guys :help:.

Well, in either of those dreams, did you call it an FLD because you didn’t take control of the dream, or did you call it an FLD because your declaration of “I’m dreaming” didn’t feel consciously done? Understand that an LD is not defined by control, but rather by a conscious awareness of your surroundings being a dream. If this is the case, then you need to look into dream control; I recommend tosxyChor’s article on the subject.

Of course, you could be having FLDs, but I’m interpreting your dream descriptions as LDs without control. If they were truly FLDs, then you can ignore me. :smile:

The trick is to do RCs regularly to, I guess you could say, ‘wake’ yourself up from the FLD. I guess in a false LD your mind started off believing everything to be real, so even if you start think it’s not, abnormal things like summoning and flying are unlikely to happen until you actually verify you are dreaming by doing something like a RC.
Does that make sense? The sub-conscious is a strange thing… :smile: