LC 40 - Congratulations Wyvern!

Task 3- Horror

*The contestant suddenly feels sleepy and drifts off to sleep
*The contestant wakes in an abandoned funhouse surrounded by smoke and dark silhouettes of various shapes and sizes

Koharo:…Well then…Welcome to task 3 of LC 40. Besides brawling and partying in dreams, I usually like to wander the darker side of my mind where most of the horror themes reside. Pinhead

*A bright light reveals Pinhead

Pinhead: The scoring will go as followed

Encounter a horror movie antagonist +10
Save another DC from the horror movie antagonist +15
Defeat the horror movie antagonist +35
Survive the encounter +15

*The light fades reverting Pinhead to a silhouette
*Jigsaw’s Puppet rides out from the smoke on a small red tricycle, revealing himself

Jigsaw: Your courage, tact, combat skills, dream control, and awareness will be put to the test here. You can do this task alone or phone a friend for help.

*The contestant hears a bone chilling screech of nails scratching a chalk board
*A red light reveals Freddy Krueger rubbing the razors on his glove together

Freddy: But please do phone a Friend. I need all the souls I can get.

*Freddy vanishes, the red light fades, and Freddy’s laughter echoes throughout the abandoned funhouse

Koharo: …Heh…As I recall I tend to have a bad habit of being vague so if there are any questions feel free to PM me. Awareness will is key to succeed. Good luck. Oh and you might want to wake up before these horror flick antagonist get any ideas…Unless you can take em all. Wait…Is he…?

[color=blue]*Koharo clenches his fist

• Slenderman appears and everything whites out
    *The contestant arrives in a bright white space on a knee gasping for air in Carrie’s presence.
    *Carrie kneels down to the contestant’s level clasping his/her hand with both hers, and stares deep into the contestant’s eyes not uttering a word. Whispers begin to echo.[/color]

anonymous whispers: Don’t be afraid there is nothing to fear.

*The contestant is suddenly jolted awake

…Seriously though there is nothing to be afraid of. I’ll leave the group incubation to HITC.

I had a short LD this morning here with no tasks done.

Well, my goal was initially to get the more experienced LD’ers to have a challenge. I think all I’m doing at this point is discouraging people. My aim isn’t to win, but to challenge.
Anyway, don’t count any more lucid points from me unless I do the task in the dream… and I will do all the tasks. All of them. :tongue:

Long LD
One chain
Disasters: Tsunami, Hurricane, Tornado, fiery tornado, earthquake, dragon crushing city, sharknados?, burning city with fire breath, meteor storm
Group incubation also got done.
And first part of the extended task. I chose a toothbrush.

[community.ld4all.com/t/wyverns-lucid-logs-ii/33131/51)

Hi everyone,
I hope you all enjoy Koharo’s task. Group incubation will be as it normally is, 15 pts for trying and failing with the other 15 pts being added with a successful completion. If you get an exceptionally brilliant idea in my opinion, then I may tack on extra points for your group incubation. Scores are posted at the end of this post. As someone has completed the first part of the extended task, I shall reveal what the third part of the task is about. It will require another person, and some more shapeshifting. Once the second part has been completed by someone, I will reveal a little something about the final part of the extended task.

@Wyvern
I will only score what you specifically put in this forum, meaning like how your post above is laid out. I do need to know if you had the dream above before task 3 was posted though, so as to know whether to give you early pts and the 20 pt creativity award. Your score below assumes that you did have the dream before task 3 was posted. Also, look for my PM with instructions on the extended task. Accomplishing the whole task in one dream, dang! :happy:

Scores:
Maximum: 0
Mew151: 0
Scipio Xaos: 0
Yev: 20
Thorn: 70
Lumessence: 0
Letaali: 60
Wyvern: 940
muccy: 0
ian1: 120
Rhewin: 220
BrandonBoss: 100
james_uk2008: 60
KauaiDreamer: 0

Had another LD here. Probably around 1-2 minutes long this time around.

And I’m back! Hopefully to stay. :razz: Here’s a couple of dreams.

Some Lucid Events ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ Task 1 Part 1 LUCID
A WILD ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ Chain

Current Stats:

[spoiler]Medium Lucid Dreams: 2
Chains: 1

Task 1: Part 1 LUCID
[/spoiler]

I had a short LD here that again didn’t accomplish any tasks. I’m trying, I swear! I just don’t have the LD length I need right now to get things done.

With respect to the group incubation, ian1 and I don’t seem to have a huge interest in Task 3, so whatever Wyvern and Rhewin decide will work; if either of them posts about it; consider that the group’s choice.

Double post to add that I had a long LD this morning, posted here. I made every attempt to get the group incubation for Task 2 started, but could not get even one of my three teammates to join me.

Short LD

Had a short LD last night: [url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/ians-dreamworld-journeys-starting-anew/39235/40]

I had a dream here that was short with a lucidity regain / chain. It also fits the conditions of the monthly Quest.

Long LD where I had to chain back in once. I became lucid on an air craft carrier while hanging over the edge. Some pirates or something had been pursuing me (not sure why) so I was trying to keep a step ahead or hidden. I pulled myself up and spent the rest of the dream hunting them down for the dream police as they tried to hunt me. The fun part was trying to take them out while keeping DC’s from noticing.

Had another LD here. Probably around 2-3 minutes this time around.

I had a short LD last night in which I completed the first part of the extended task:

[url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/ians-dreamworld-journeys-starting-anew/39235/42]

I got the pen. :content:

@HeadInTheClouds Yes, that dream was before the deadline.

Made 2 attempts last night. The first being intentional.
/me doesn’t watch like… any horror movies.
The first one was from an actual horror movie and was Jason from Friday the 13th. He wasn’t being too threatening… but I turned into fire anyway and gave him a hug. This seemed to do the trick and he burnt to ashes. I also turned into water afterwards for the sole reason of the second part of the extended task (preferred it to fire). Short LD.

Second dream was me and a bunch of DC’s escaping from Hell. We were in a prison and hurrying to open up the other jail cells. It was based off the highly NSFW webcomic, JACK. Drip, the embodiment of Lust came and stormed in after us, but I collapsed the ceiling on him and we all escaped safely. Medium LD.

If non horror movie characters count, I’d like to count the second dream as that comic is horror themed in general (being about Hell/Sins/redemption and all) and I completed all the parts of the tasks in it.

[center]Task 4 – Transform a DC[/center]

Task 4 is here! This week, I want you to transform a DC. I only have a little bit of experience with this, so hopefully you guys will have fun with it. The scoring will work slightly different than the way I normally do tasks.

Transform a DC – 50 pts
If the DC is someone from the LC (participants and TM) – 20 pts
If in the person’s desired form – 20 pts
If in another person’s desired form from this LC – 10 pts

So, these can all be accomplished in the same dream. You could possibly get 3 of 4 with just one transformation, and you could transform the same DC yet again to get the 4th option to sweep all of the points for the task. If you have questions, let me know.

Group incubation is set at 30 pts, 15 for attempting the task and failing, with the other 15 being added with successful completion of the group incubated task. As always, this is variable based off of the group incubation presented.

Congratulations to ian1 for completing the first part of the extended task. Also, congrats to Wyvern. Wyvern completed the second part of the extended task, so I decided instead of giving away the fourth part of the task, I would reveal what each item does for the second task. The scores are posted below, then the details of what each item from the first task does, then a couple things addressing certain contestants.

Scores:
Maximum: 0
Mew151: 0
Scipio Xaos: 150
Yev: 20
Thorn: 235
Lumessence: 0
Letaali: 80
Wyvern: 1115
muccy: 0
ian1: 180
Rhewin: 260
BrandonBoss: 100
james_uk2008: 100
KauaiDreamer: 0

1. Mirror – Inanimate Object
  2. T.A.R.D.I.S – Another Person
  3. Pen – Something Tiny
  4. Guitar – Something Electronic
  5. Tie – A Superhero
  6. Car – An Animal
  7. The Ring (from Lord of The Rings) – Gollum
  8. A Toothbrush – Something Elemental
  9. A Hat – Something Large
  10. A Book – Something that does not exist IRL, nor in any popular media

@Rhewin
I’m not sure if you had wanted the last dream you posted to count for the task or not. If so, let me know, as there were no points awarded for completion of task 3 in your score above.

@Wyvern
Congrats on getting the second part of the extended task done. I think that both of your dreams sufficiently cover all aspects of the tasks, so your score above reflects that. As Koharo designed the task, if he has an issue with this, he can PM me and I’ll let you know what parts he believes still need to be accomplished.

@Thorn
Congrats on finishing the monthly quest!

Had a short LD last night.

[url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/ians-dreamworld-journeys-starting-anew/39235/43]

Well, that’s where it’s confusing. While it was an ND it was definitely horror, but when I became lucid it became more like an action movie sort of thing. I mean, I defeated them and survived and everything too, but I’m not sure if it counts if it stopped being horror once I was lucid… or was that the point?

I’ve talked to the team on Skype, and the obvious incubation would be to use each other as the targets of said transformations into desired forms for maximum points. Is there something else that needs to be included in the incubation for it to count? It seems too… straightforward.

@Rhewin
I see your confusion. Honestly, I’m not sure whether it should count or not. As it was horror, and stopped being horrifying only because you were lucid, it probably should count. I’ll let you decide whether it should count for the task or not, as I am on the fence about it myself. Let me know.

@Thorn
For the group incubation, I think it should be slightly more complicated, such as a way in which you all have to perform the transformation. For example, something like you all have to use a machine to transform each other. Or, you have to transform each other into the same thing at the same time. Anything like that will work. I just want to see it be slightly more complicated.