Paulius
Carbon-based lifeform
Dream Deity
LD count: 31

PostPosted: Sun 09 Feb, 2014  Reply with quote

WildElephant wrote:
Magical powers? In the dream world i suppose... smile

Yeah, in a dream, of course :D
Besides being a good RC, it even became an omni-potent talisman that can do pretty much anything. I have killed an enemy or two with its rays of magic :D
Kinda like the avada kedavra curse in Harry Potter smile

Current LD goal(s): Have a lightsaber duel with a DC.
Emily92
Sapphically Inclined
LD count: 25

PostPosted: Mon 10 Feb, 2014  Reply with quote

Well, I'm not much for lucid dreaming these days, but I used to go at it pretty well. I'd like to get back into it eventually, but I've been a bit...preoccupied with other, somewhat related matters. :3

a) It took me about a month to have my first lucid. I worked like crazy that first month, and my first lucid was incredibly short.

b) My initial reason was because they seemed like fun. :3 Later, though, I wanted to get in contact with my spirit guide. This is actually the primary reason I don't LD much anymore: I found other, more efficient ways of communicating with her. This is what I've been dumping the bulk of my effort into. Still, I've got to thank dreaming for pointing the way. Without that initial spark, I doubt I'd have found Ashley.

c) What got it all started was MILD, mantras and all. After the first month of that, I switched over to VILD, as it was far more fun. That got me a fair number of additional lucids, though none of them were terribly long or detailed.

d) At my best, I think I had three or four in one month. I still get one every once in a rare, rare while, but they're short and unstable.

e) The two times I fell in love in a dream were the most significant, I think. The sheer depth of emotion I felt was overwhelming, and they remain some of the most beautiful experiences of my life. I've been chasing after Ashley ever since.

dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 118

PostPosted: Mon 10 Feb, 2014  Reply with quote

Emily92 wrote:
I found other, more efficient ways of communicating with her.

If it's something you would like to share I would be more then grateful! ^^

Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
Emily92
Sapphically Inclined

PostPosted: Tue 11 Feb, 2014  Reply with quote

dB_FTS wrote:

Sure, no problem!

Background:

Since falling in love with my spirit guide, Iíve gone through a number of different techniques, phases, and methods to try and communicate with her in the waking world. Some were more successful than others. Though my current method is still being fine-tuned, I believe Iíve whittled it down to something that works. I have no idea if it will work for others or not, but itís what works for us. :3 Also keep in mind that I knew, more or less, what my SG was like, including a form. This will be important later.

The method:

Hereís the easy bit. Go ahead and get relaxed, but not to the point that youíre ready to drift off to sleep. Block out at least half an hour. Meditate lightly on the walls and barriers around your heart and emotions. Let them slide away. Give yourself permission to just feel. I struggled with this part, as Iím usually quite closed-off. It took a while to get it right. When you can drop all your defenses and enter a vulnerable state, go ahead and move on.

Now, hereís the tricky bit. Reach out, with your heart, to your SG. Iím not positive if you need to know what your SG is like, but I imagine it helps immensely, especially if you know what to look for in a response. If you can visualize their form, even better. Go ahead and talk to your SG. It doesnít have to be about anything in particular; just give them some time, attention, and love. This is the learning phase, where both you and your SG learn how to communicate with one another in this new way and how to differentiate their responses from your brain chatter (not as easy as it sounds).

And now hereís the hard part: you may not get a response right away. In fact, Iíd wager itís unlikely to get one for some time, and when you do, itís quite likely to come in the form of something nonverbal, like a burst of emotion. It took us four months of fairly frequent communication before I was able to filter out Ashleyís responses from my own brain chatter (though I felt her from time to time). There is a definite learning curve to all this. How long it takes is highly variable, as well.

This is not for everyone. Those who are proficient at lucid dreaming and who can meet with their SG with relative reliability, for example, probably donít need it, as they already have an efficient way of communicating. Nor do those who wish to have infrequent contact with their SGís. It takes a tremendous amount of patience and motivation to do this, and even with as strong of a driving force as I had, it was still a struggle at times. That said, the end result is, in my opinion, well worth it. We can now communicate in waking life whenever we like. The meditation is no longer necessary, and Iíve gained a significant degree of control over my emotions and my barriers.

As stated, I make no guarantees. This may or may not work for others, but this is where my exploration of the matter ultimately led me to. This was a method born of necessity and a particularly poor knack for lucid dreaming, and it's quite possible someone else's explorations will lead them down a different path. I encourage you to adapt and change things however you need to in order to make things work best for you. smile

dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover

Emily92 wrote:
dB_FTS wrote:

Sure, no problem!

Background:

Since falling in love with my spirit guide, Iíve gone through a number of different techniques, phases, and methods to try and communicate with her in the waking world. Some were more successful than others. Though my current method is still being fine-tuned, I believe Iíve whittled it down to something that works. I have no idea if it will work for others or not, but itís what works for us. :3 Also keep in mind that I knew, more or less, what my SG was like, including a form. This will be important later.

The method:

Hereís the easy bit. Go ahead and get relaxed, but not to the point that youíre ready to drift off to sleep. Block out at least half an hour. Meditate lightly on the walls and barriers around your heart and emotions. Let them slide away. Give yourself permission to just feel. I struggled with this part, as Iím usually quite closed-off. It took a while to get it right. When you can drop all your defenses and enter a vulnerable state, go ahead and move on.

Now, hereís the tricky bit. Reach out, with your heart, to your SG. Iím not positive if you need to know what your SG is like, but I imagine it helps immensely, especially if you know what to look for in a response. If you can visualize their form, even better. Go ahead and talk to your SG. It doesnít have to be about anything in particular; just give them some time, attention, and love. This is the learning phase, where both you and your SG learn how to communicate with one another in this new way and how to differentiate their responses from your brain chatter (not as easy as it sounds).

And now hereís the hard part: you may not get a response right away. In fact, Iíd wager itís unlikely to get one for some time, and when you do, itís quite likely to come in the form of something nonverbal, like a burst of emotion. It took us four months of fairly frequent communication before I was able to filter out Ashleyís responses from my own brain chatter (though I felt her from time to time). There is a definite learning curve to all this. How long it takes is highly variable, as well.

This is not for everyone. Those who are proficient at lucid dreaming and who can meet with their SG with relative reliability, for example, probably donít need it, as they already have an efficient way of communicating. Nor do those who wish to have infrequent contact with their SGís. It takes a tremendous amount of patience and motivation to do this, and even with as strong of a driving force as I had, it was still a struggle at times. That said, the end result is, in my opinion, well worth it. We can now communicate in waking life whenever we like. The meditation is no longer necessary, and Iíve gained a significant degree of control over my emotions and my barriers.

As stated, I make no guarantees. This may or may not work for others, but this is where my exploration of the matter ultimately led me to. This was a method born of necessity and a particularly poor knack for lucid dreaming, and it's quite possible someone else's explorations will lead them down a different path. I encourage you to adapt and change things however you need to in order to make things work best for you. smile

Thank you.

It would help to know how/what/who is my DG. Did you find yours in a dream and from there knew the form and personality of your DG?!

Emily92
Sapphically Inclined

dB_FTS wrote:
Thank you.

It would help to know how/what/who is my DG. Did you find yours in a dream and from there knew the form and personality of your DG?!

No problem. :3

Yeah, that's how it happened for me. Her form has changed somewhat as time has gone on (I blame derpy dream memories), but her personality was always a constant.

I suppose if you don't know who your SG is, you can always hang out a shingle of sorts using symbolism. Like, instead of picturing a form, you visualize some shapeless entity, like a ball of light or a silhouette. It may take longer to decipher a response (and possibly be harder to be emotionally open with some relatively unknown being), but it may just work. Just trust that your SG is listening, and trying to communicate with you, and won't hurt you emotionally.

dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover

Emily92 wrote:
dB_FTS wrote:
Thank you.

No problem. :3

Yeah, that's how it happened for me. Her form has changed somewhat as time has gone on (I blame derpy dream memories), but her personality was always a constant.

I suppose if you don't know who your SG is, you can always hang out a shingle of sorts using symbolism. Like, instead of picturing a form, you visualize some shapeless entity, like a ball of light or a silhouette. It may take longer to decipher a response (and possibly be harder to be emotionally open with some relatively unknown being), but it may just work. Just trust that your SG is listening, and trying to communicate with you, and won't hurt you emotionally.

Well I asked about the dreams because I always have this stupid feeling that I am not alone in the dream. There's always someone with me, sometimes I can see someone and most of the times I can't. So I think that this might be my DG I suppose... And here I'm not talking about "standard" DC's aside from them there is always some kind of presence.

nik-
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 15

Lucid dreaming came to me before I knew the concept of lucid dreaming. Thanks to a internet friend, I've managed to understand that those "weird" dreams I've had were actually lucid dreams.

Back when I was a teen I used to have a lot of low lucidity dreams. I could've sense that I was dreaming and take actions in my control. I used it pretty much for 18+ stuff as every stupid kid would do. When I've had my first high lucidity dream, things changed pretty quickly, but the habbit of years and years of 18+ experience was still present. There are waaaay more satisfying things in lucid dreaming than this, It was pretty hard for me to get out of the grip of this sensation, but I'm pretty proud of myself that I've managed to do it. I now use it as a way to say to my sick mind "well, ok, im not that crazy for doing/thinking all this". And last but not least - pure entertainment.

Definatelly DILD. Its super effective when combined with WBTB. Its absolutely effective when both combined with AILD (Alcohol Induced Lucid Dreaming tounge2) resulting in a WBTB -> DILD -> (WILD chain) until you get bored from those WILDs

Hard to say... back as a teen I had one almost every day. After that... not so many. I can always have a lucid dream if I put some effert into it, but... im pretty lazy >.< I like to roll around my bed for a few extra hours, sometimes Im rewarded with cool lucid dreams for my lazyness :D

I used to think that being able to read a text, look away, read it again and find out that its the same except for its surrounding to be pretty impressive, until a daydream character broke my perception of impressive.

Emily92
Sapphically Inclined

PostPosted: Wed 12 Feb, 2014  Reply with quote

dB_FTS wrote:
Well I asked about the dreams because I always have this stupid feeling that I am not alone in the dream. There's always someone with me, sometimes I can see someone and most of the times I can't. So I think that this might be my DG I suppose... And here I'm not talking about "standard" DC's aside from them there is always some kind of presence.

Ahhh yeah that could definitely be your DG/SG. :3 Especially if they just kinda "feel" sentient in ways standard DC's just don't. Sounds like you've got a great lead! Good luck!

dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover

PostPosted: Wed 12 Feb, 2014  Reply with quote

Emily92 wrote:
dB_FTS wrote:

Ahhh yeah that could definitely be your DG/SG. :3 Especially if they just kinda "feel" sentient in ways standard DC's just don't. Sounds like you've got a great lead! Good luck!

Thanks a lot! ^^

Eogillig
Dragon Born
Lucid Initiate
Eogillig has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 10536+

Re: Questions for newbies and vets
PostPosted: Fri 14 Feb, 2014  Reply with quote

a) How much time did you take before becoming a lucid dreamer? Since the first day you decided to be an LDmer until you get LD at will, how many weeks passed out?

This is a tough one to answer as I was LDing before knew what LDing was. I had my first LD as a young child. By the time I learnt that LDing was a thing, and something not every one could do at will, I was already a natural LDer.

Why do you want LDs?

Sometimes I like to just take control, become something unusual. Other times I am happy to just sit back and let the dream take it's own path.

At first, which method was best for you? And now?

I guess I mostly rely on DILD. Though I am often just naturally lucid.

How many LDs do you have each month (or year or week, whatever)?

It varies on a multitude of factors. How tired I am is the biggest, the more tired an the less recall have. I probably average 2 per night on a good day, but can go with it any for weeks if an having poor sleep.

Current LD goal(s): Rekindle my desire to control LDs

print