Is this lucidity?

Hey guys, I am a new lucid dreamer, and I’ll give you my first (what I believe) lucid dream. I am not sure if this is, because when I was in it was really weird. Maybe I was in a low layer, and btw I had a Choline Bitartrate tablet before I went to bed.

18/2/14 Lachlan a friend at my school was guiding me through sort of a cave with some parkour objects that I had to pass.
It was based in Minecraft. Lachlans voice was there, nothing else. When I first joined the dream, I instantly thought, how did I get here
and did a reality check, and it appeared I had some extra pinkies on my hands, inbetween my pinky and ring finger.
I quickly calm myself down since this is the first dream I knew I was dreaming. I don’t know what to do, so I start rubbing my hands,
it feels weird, my hands feel numb, and a little bit like they are vibrating, but as I rub my hands nothing noticeable happens, so after about 3
seconds I stop, and I keep moving forward in the dream. Lachlan is guiding me through the first obstacle. There is no pathway, so I have to walk
on some vines over this ledge sort of thing to get past. I easily slide past on the vines, and I am in this area, it’s quite open (for a cave)
and I see some blocks disappearing, I don’t know what to think, so I just start trying to spin around, but at this point I am in 3rd person view, or
I am looking from someone else’s eyes, as the blocks are disappearing, I am moving further back in my view,
it seems like I am the player at the computer, controlling him,
trying to spin him around really fast to stabilize the dream. Then it all goes black. All of a sudden I was in another dream, I thought I was
so I reality checked (I think) and it didn’t work so I thought it was reality, it was a bright sunny corner of a street in the 1980’s I think.
Most of the men were wearing tuxedos or something. There was one guy sitting in a cafe, at the edge of the road, and I was there talking to him.
That’s all I could remember.

As long as you knew that you were dreaming while still in the dream, then that’s a lucid dream! And it looks like you were. :wink: It even counts if you lose lucidity during the dream. Sounds like a pretty cool lucid dream too, I love Minecraft myself!

Its a lucid dream alright. You started it off pretty good, most of the people get too excited and pass away :razz:
As from my point of experience, rubbing hands or spinning off does not work, at all. The best way for me to keep lucidity is to focus on the feelings (sound, toch, smell). The sound is the best thing to keep you lucid, after that is the touch, and at the end, the smell of the fresh breeze. Also (atleast for me) if you wander too much from the dream, you will lose lucidity. I cant explain the concept of wandering away from the dream, you just have to build a sense for it, the most simply explained is that you are going against “the will/plot of the dream”.

Thanks for the feedback guys!:smiley: