Different styles of flying

Heh and invisible motorcycle that can fly

For those using Peter Pan style if you remember in the movie they sprinkle fairy dust first and say a magic word like butterfly or rainbow. Perhaps if you just imagine that each time you sleep you are automatically sprinkled with the dust so all that’s left is to say the magic words :happy:

My favorite experiences with flying have been flying superman style at light speed, flying into outer space, and skimming the water of an ocean with my hand. I also flew down into the ocean and back out again. Pausing mid-air and doing a few backwards somasaults before freefalling through a thick atmosphere is uber fun. Something else you can do is fly with a lover much like in the original superman movie.

The thought occurred to me earlier today in IRC that using a giant flying jell-o man as a flying tool may work. Kind of like a magic carpet.

In my less lucid dreams, I just floated which works, but doesn’t feel very cool. In my more lucid dreams I “flapped my wings” (hands), which worked fast, and felt like actual flying, but I haven’t been able to keep flying without falling and getting a false awakening. Just need more practice I guess.

Well… alright then, time to give my two cents.

For me, flying always has been a bit arcane. The experience seems odd and unbelievable to me. As such, often, I could never fly in dreams. Perhaps float or hover for short periods, but taking off never worked.

That is, until I tried a technique, heavily based on the way flying is described as in Dragon Ball Z. I myself come to a standstill, and relax. I then attempt to channel my inner spiritual energy. I concentrate it, and focus it upwards. Usually, the moment I am in the air, I have full control of my flight. And I can go RIDICULOUSLY fast, too. However, if I don’t stop and concentrate before-hand, it will not work. I’ll simply plummet down.

Take that time I tried to impress an old lady and jumped through her window. I was left dangling from a skyscraper, confused as to why I didn’t lift off.

But yeah, that’s how I do it. :smile: Maybe it’ll work for some others? Who knows. It’s pretty nifty for me.

I have a hard time getting off the ground when trying to fly, it’s a peculiar thing. I know it’s a dream, but i think because I am very logical, the idea of flying as a human overrides my “it’s a dream” understanding so it becomes difficult.

I find flying do much easier with wings, so if I intend to fly, I generally take dragon form. (because apparently being a were-dragon is far more logical in my mind.)

I can relate to flying being hard. First I tried just willpower flight but that went poorly. I agree it’s the logical mind saying that you will fail. In the next lucid dream I tried to use my normal dream power that closely resembles Hulk’s jump ability. I knew that I could do it and soon I was flying.

In my very last LD (and minorly in an old LD), I figured out several ways to fly, including using bottles of champaigne as thrust reactors. Did anyone of you used, in an LD, some kind of reactors (reactor boots, anything…) to fly?

If i had to choose a way to fly… I would fly like Nathan Pettrelli in the show “Heroes”
It’s pretty similar as Superman fly ! I think its a really cool way to explor a world.

Even though it’s not technically flying,webbing around like spiderman is quite fun. Never been in a city when in a lucid dream but in a ND I already have been in a similar situation. It’s a bit like I would picture bungee jumping (I never did a bungee jump). Definitly a thrill !

I just though about the fact that i already flew in my First Lucid Dream, i don’t know if i can call this flying but i used a parachute and my wind power to fly higher so … That was fun :smile:

I really want to try out a wingsuit at least once in my LDs or transform into a fantasy creature.

I’ve already flew with strange vehicles that were not normally invented to use them for flying (bicycle, huge leaves, bathtub etc.) and catapults to throw myself into the air and float in the sky like birds do in the air.

So far, the most natural and preferred method for me are swimming and superman-style flying.

I mostly fly on Goku’s cloud, or Nimbus, as I was told it’s called. Never had any wings.

If jumping really, really high counts, that’s my usual way of moving around.

Someone mentioned swimming ,that’s a good one then someone mentioned nothing just use mind control… The one thing a lot of unnatural ld don’t know is your dream is your thought and your creation ,chill out, stop thinking , and just do it , that’s what i say…its one thing creating the abilty to fly, its another to create a new feeling or emotion,try it its impossible,gods allready taken that one to the limit,LOVE LOVE LOVE,DONT BE AFRAID, NATTSY…

Personally, I fly just like Superman, with my right arm ahead :grin: .
I wonder if some of you feel a virtual wind when flying? I do and I can tell you it feels so good ! :woo:

I’ve always just flapped my arms like they were wings, dragon or bat-like wings specifically. It works, and I can feel the wind resistance against the wing membranes, but my arms themselves never change. Oh well.
Unfortunately I’ve never been in the air IRL, so when I try to do it in a dream the imagery and proportions are all wrong. It looks like a bad video game from 1998 and that takes a lot of the fun out of it. :meh:

hI everyone !
i’m sorry if I had to introduiced myself first, but I’m not used to this forum yet :wink:

I wanted to answer about this question, because flying is something I experienced in normal dreams and this night, I had a lucid dream. I thought ; I have to have a pupose, otherwise I will lost lucidy. Si I shouted that I wanted to go to the sea ; I opened a door and I was at the top of a skyscraper roof. I felt dizzy, but it was exciting. I was afraid as I would be in real life, but I just breathed deeply and flung myself in the air. I have fallen two seconds and then I flew , just feeling myself carried by the wind.

Sorry if my english is not correct.

I have tried flopping my arms like a bird in the past, but hardly gained any lift from it.
However, if I simply do nothing, I slowly start to float upwards and then can glide by spreading my arms.
As for falling, I actually have rather strong vertigo when dropping down from something tall like a building. This has actually caused me to wake up once in the past :eek:

Flying… Im a terrible flier. I once badly hurt myself trying to fly in a LD so you wont get me doing a leap off of any high buildings. I had been trying to fly and though I could by throwing myself in the air thinking fly but all I did was basically SPLAT!! onto concrete (well not splat exactly but ended up with broken LD ribs).

I feel foolish flapping my arms like wings so wont do that. It just doesnt feel dignified!

I tried to manifest a flying carpet but couldnt get one to appear, in the end Ive opted for a flying chair. That works fine for me. (I wonder why my subconscious prefers flying chairs to magic flying carpets??)

I’ve grown large angel like wings before although I like the feeling of shooting straight up through the sky, so when I fly, I do it with my arms by my side (like Neo). I always feel extremely powerful when I fly.