LC #41 - Congratulations Thorn!

He-hey. I got a surprising amount of Pokémon-related things in my dream!

… May and a Snorlax. Both of which will not grant me any points. :I

Still, though, I had a 10-15 second LD, so yeah. You can access my online dream journal here. But for the very sake of redundancy, I will post my dream/dream(s) below (2/3/2014). I skipped 1/3/2014 because I don’t think any points can be won there.

Note that I do not differentiate between different dreams in a single night… It doesn’t matter here, but I will start to do do that from now on. :I

[spoiler]Disembodied perspective: I was watching a live report of a car chase sequence, where a criminal was chased by the police. The chase took place in a mountainous area, and by accident, the criminal drifted into the rail. The car landed on top of the rail, where it balanced, but the criminal was flung from the front window and off the mountain. The news reporter, who was previously calmly narrating what was going on, freaked out at this point because of the criminal’s supposedly-savage death.

Disembodied perspective: I was watching some sort of Pokémon game, but it wasn’t one of the official entries. I only saw the title screen, and it had the Pokémon logo in the left area, and the backdrop was an ocean. I am not sure what the subtitle was. The logo and subtitle logo was surrounded by a thick outline than morphed between two forms (one being basically a fitting outline and the other being more wavy). Accompanying this title screen was some sort of conversation, where they discussed the move Fly’s fast-travel mechanic in Pokémon generation 1. Supposedly, the move had no fast-travel attached to it until later, but then the other person argued that its main ability was to carry the user from town to town, even in generation 1, nulifying the fast-travel later implemented. This conversation makes no sense in hindsight, because there is no ‘extra fast-travel’ attached to Fly.

Disembodied perspective: I was watching some sort of Harry Potter scene. In it, Snape tells off some other character for not taking something-undefined seriously and being happy about things. In return, said characters start taking the something-undefined too seriously, and fail that way.

Something very vague, related to Assassin’s Creed.

I remember being in my house, but it looked vastly different. It had a more modern look, with glossy plastic/glass covering the walls and what-not. My notes make mention of a (possibly-public) washroom, but I can’t remember that.

It was a dark evening, and I was at some docks. I was some unnamed Super Hero whose ability was being fast. This ability had its limits though, and judging from how it went, I could definetely be outsped by a car. I saw a criminal run (he was fast - faster than me, actually), but he was in the distance, and he ran in an arc around me. I could not reach him in a straight line, because there was water in the way. Still, I tried. For a brief moment, I managed to run fast enough to run on the water surface. However, I began to sink, and I had to swim a large portion of the section. Once there, catching this criminal was difficult, but he stumbled at points, which made it possible to catch him.

Later, I returned to the town near the harbour, where my parents were waiting for me in a restaurant. Said restaurant was a floor underground, which I thought was interesting. When I arrived there, it turned out they were already done eating, and that everything was already served and by the time I arrived, cold. My mother was angry at me and demanded the food to be removed from the table so I couldn’t eat.

At home, I noticed that my shoes were awfully muddy, and that my feet were soaked similarly.

Disembodied perspective: I was watching a movie that was about a strange island. In the dream, I regarded this dream as a bad movie. This island was supposedly haunted by bad, undefined things. Above said island was a tiny floating island, where the villains lived. Surrounding this floating isle, there was a collossal set of giant keyboard buttons, arcing around the isle. They were ominous and seemed to emit a black light. Regarding this isle, it seemed that there were three witches who lived there, and they used their motorcycles to float to it. Once near, a beam of blackish purple energy sucked them in. Once near, they seemingly faded away, implying that the isle is something that trascends dimensions.

I have no idea what this piano was for, but I could ‘hack’ into the movie and in process activate some of the buttons.

I also remember that I was in some school-like environment, this time I had an actual presence there. There were a bunch of school kids up to no good, and they set off large fires. Just like the previously-mentioned witches, they lived in the floating isle. However, I’m not sure if they also used motorcycles.

Disembodied perspective: At some point, the dream changed the movie-aspect to an entertainment park-esque place. It was water-based, with swimming pools and several water-based attractiong. Throughout the establishing shots, May - a Pokémon character - could be seen, enjoying herself. But she served little purpose besides that.

Then I was at the amusing park, this time somewhere near the entrance. The entire entertainment park was surrounded by a white wall. At one part, there was a canal tunnel, somewhere near the entrance. This is where I was. I had to close up the canal to make sure something couldn’t pass through, and as such I summoned a Snorlax by unknown means (so I’m going to assume I had a Pokéball). However, the opening was too large, and Snorlax couldn’t fill it up by himself. As such, the idea was useless. Simultaniously, I was irritated by a bunch of school-children who hid themselves in the undeground sewers. I did not see them, but I did hear them and they irritated me with long, balloon snakes from the small sewer openings. Said openings were far too small to go through (roughly 1 feet squared). As such, I began to look for a bigger opening.

I wandered away from the amusement park and into some rugged area. Said area was slightly mountainous and very dry, most of the place being quite brown and grey. I found another opening to the sewers, but this one was also too small. I decided to give up and return to the amusement park. The path was gravely, and if you weren’t careful, you could lose your footing and tumble down the rocky hill. At one point, I broke out into a run and almost slipped, but I managed to stay on the path.

Around here, the dream fades.

I almost forgot. At one point in the night, I had a dream where I randomly decided to fly over a dark environment. I was confused at this action, but as I started to think about it, I started to notice the arcane feeling that signified I was asleep. Immediately, I noted to myself that I seemed pretty clear-headed (and that I would likely not agree with myself when I woke up). Still, I thought over what I could do (I believe I was thinking over the LC, but I don’t think the thought of the Pokémon ever popped in my head), but the dream faded into darkness.

I remained in this darkness for a while until I woke up.[/spoiler]

While for most of you task is just to go dream and and summon all those pokemon that you know everything about. I would have to go study pokemon, memorize their looks and names and behaviour and stuff. And just casually memorizing wouldn’t be enough to make sure they come trough into a dream. That’s a lot of job and not fair.

I had a short LD last night.

demented, (and Lumessence, kind of) the task isn’t to perfectly replicate the pokemon. I’m not Wyvern either, but I’m sure he’d give you points if you at least tried to summon something slightly resembling the pokemon. Zapdos is a yellow bird. If you summon a Zapdos and a non-Zapdos yellow bird appears, as long as you are confident it is a Zapdos, you’ll probably still get points.

For the pokemon battle, as long as you describe something somewhat resembling a pokemon battle (which is just any RPG battle really) you’ll probably get points, even if not all the monsters are pokemon.

After all, dreams aren’t perfect. My username is MEW151, and I doubt I could perfectly recreate any of these pokemon. Heck, I can’t even remember the entire Twitch Plays Pokemon party.

I’m defending this so when I become TM one day, I can have pony tasks! (Not really)

Now that I think about it. It’s too bad I didn’t have a pokeball in my dream where I encountered that spectral glowing Mew…

Actually, I wonder if I could summon that… Since apparently it already exists in my dream world.

I chose the Pokemon task because most people are familiar with Pokemon, and with the recent events on Twitch, there’s been a rekindled interest in it all around the web. The series has an anime, several movies, videos games, and a card game. It’s been around for nearly 16 years.
This kind of theme is not unique to this LC, like said. There have been two Harry Potter themed tasks as well. Harry Potter has been around for nearly 17 years, so like Pokemon, it’s pretty well known.
Even the last LC had a task where you had to have knowledge of horror movies. I hadn’t even seen the movie I dreamt of. Hell, I don’t even watch horror movies… or much movies in general.

I suppose this was my reasoning in making the task, but yes, in retrospect I can see how the task can be exclusionary. I won’t change the theme of the task itself, but I’ve altered some of the subtasks.
At the end of the day, this task focuses heavily on specific incubation. It was made with the intention of being more difficult to accidentally have a ND about and is more challenging than finding something to ride (which is still worth +10 throughout the competition, the same amount as the first subtask). I will offer additional details for the some of the subtasks.
The next task will still be posted on Saturday 4PM EST, but early points for this task have been extended to Monday 4PM EST.

@demented: theoretically with the knowledge you have, you could have just found a pikachu and told it “attack” and attack another pikachu. Then you could have grabbed that pikachu, ran to another pikachu and whipped the pokemon at the other. Would have completed both Democracy and Anarchy mode. :razz:

[size=75]… bwahahaha.[/size]

Anyhow… I’ve had two potentially good dreams…

… but I fell asleep before I could write them. This night would probably get me no points either way, but I’d just mention it because I think it may be troublesome later on. :< I really need to learn how to just start writing - even if its notes - and THEN go back to sleep.

Now all I have is this very watered-down blurry mess.

Medium and very boring lucid dream.

I also rode an elevator, an escalator, and a jet ski.

well. I had a ND last night where I was playing with pokeballs… I knew there was a battle going on somewhere in the dream, but I didn’t see it, just felt it nearby. But other than that, I missed it…

Oh! and I was flying a spaceship through a giant space-station maze thing… Does that count as riding?

Oops.

Almost forgot.

Last night I had a short, low quality LD. Again. To be honest, the two are eerily similar. o.o

Aforementioned LD can be found somewhere around here.

Also, the subject of Pokémon seems to crop up quite often, but I haven’t managed to complete any of the tasks yet, intentionally or not.

A short and a medium LD last night.

Alrighty, I’m loving this LD streak.

First off, I rode a minecart thanks to playing Minecraft so much.

This next dream is a long LD.
[ND]I’m going to a movie theater to watch a Doctor Who special. I don’t have any friends with me so I’m worried people will think I’m a loser for some reason. However, I sit with a group of really awesome people and we’re excited for the show.

I think that this must be Matt Smith’s final episode, but I remember that it already happened, so I figure it must be Peter Capaldi’s first episode. However, Matt Smith appears on the screen. I’m a little upset since I figure this must be his last episode which I’ve seen many times which means I would have wasted money to see it on the big screen. However, it’s a new episode we’ve never seen.[/ND]

I realize that this doesn’t make any sense and must be dreaming. The episode itself is very interesting, quite literally the episode of my dreams. I wake up but DEILD back in. [LD]I want to continue the episode but it’s in a different part now. Instead, I decide to explore around.

I walk outside and the entire theater is apparently in an old chapel in a park by a lake. There’s a forest nearby, and the back of the chapel is on a concrete foundation over the water. I walk down to the water’s edge and see a lot of lily pads and plants. I plan on walking underwater to see what might be there, but I remember the task.

I forgot I had to choose specific Pokemon, so I figured I would just try to summon water Pokemon. The first one I thought of was Psyduck. As soon as I called out for one, I saw one swim by under the water. Then I figured Golduck was the next one, and the same happened. Finally, I summoned a Goldeen which jumped out of the water in front of me.

I remembered I had to battle so I called the Psyduck and Golduck to come up. Golduck jumped out of the water and right next to me while Psyduck kind of awkwardly waddled out. I forgot anarchy and democracy had to be two seperate battles, so I had them fight each other at first. They mostly just used bite and scratch.

I then told Psyduck to use psychic. He did and Golduck stumbled around before falling over. I gave Psyduck a high five.[/LD]

No I’m not dead! :tongue: Just been having a really dry spell of nothing. :razz: That being said, here’s an NLD in which I finally do the first task. :razz:

Car Shard ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Task 1

Stats so Far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 1

Task 1: Drove my dad’s old car.
[/spoiler]

Tried very hard to get a LD so I could finally get to do that Pokemon task, but that didn’t happen. However, I was on a ship at one point, so I’d guess that earns me points for ‘ride’.

I also fought a lot, mostly with weapons. However, most of the time that happened, I was playing Dishonored. The only reason I say ‘I also fought’ is because Dishonored is a first person game, and the line between what counts as reality and game in dreams lessens.

So… I wouldn’t say I completed my own personal task just yet. Tbf, I would rather do that in a Lucid Dream, myself.

Edit: … but since I wasn’t ‘myself’ when I was on that ship, does that mean that doesn’t count too? Hmmm… Well, now I’m just confused…

Aforementioned dream can be found here.

well I don’t remember very much, actually… But two things that i rode were a type of roller coaster that went straight up into the sky… then I rode a car home. so 3!

And later there was something about riding on top of a tank that was driving through town… it was in an ND

This is a good task. I can get the last one and my personal task at once I believe. I jump in and out of games lucidly and non lucidly a lot… Now just to remember them. Do I need to be looking at the screen or does going into the dream work? Like if i picked up a GBC and jumped into a pokemon game.

Had a personal short LD and another dream about riding in a car today playing age of empires in the back seat.

I had a medium LD here that attempted my personal goal in an ornate manner, but did not actually manage the part that earns points. I also had an ND in which I would have battled a Pokémon had the dream not switched to another scene right then. :sad:

:peek: A bit late but…

1. Mew151: 60
  2. Thorn: 385
  3. ZRVera: 0
  4. ian1: 0
  5. Scipio Xaos: 50
  6. HeadInTheClouds: 245
  7. James_UK2008: 205
  8. muccy: 0
  9. Rhewin: 560
  10. BrandonBoss: 200
  11. Yev: 0
  12. Lumessence: 125
  13. mr_Block: 0
  14. demented: 100
  15. Oleg: 100
  16. Loah: 60

Also made two or three small corrections, one based on a request to remove their lucid points.

@Loah: If you’re flying a spaceship, you’re also riding it, so yes.

@BrandonBoss: You have to be physically there to earn the points, but entering a game is a good way to go about that. :smile:

Well I’m crossing my fingers and hoping the low recall no LD streak is turning into a higher recall task streak (with some LDs? :razz: ). Here’s another NLD in which I ride a cruise ship (of sorts :tongue: ).

Rock the Boat ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Task 1 Additional Ride

Stats so Far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 1

Task 1: Drove my dad’s old car. | Rode a cruise ship.
[/spoiler]

Awesome. Playing a game without physically going there is hard, sounds good to me. :3.

Can I still earn points for first tasks? I finally got in a race last night. Took me a while to get it.

4 LDs last night
3 normal length 1 long.

SPOILER - Click to view

I am in my apartment, decide to go to the dream mall. Become lucid when I get there. Look around. Yeah! Caveman brandon kicks in and jumps a few DCs. Use one of the malls services for my own good and I wake up when one of the girls tells me not to kiss her on the mouth

SPOILER - Click to view

I am in a car. All the DCs are after me! I decide that I am dreaming and kick my wife out daughter out of the car before they attack. My dad is in the car behind me and decides that he is gonna kill me. I hit the gas and he pulls next to me. Random other cars on in and we start racing for a few minutes until I decide that that is enough because they are getting more and more violent. I put my hand as a gun (like a child) and I point at the car next to me and shout “bang!” There is no notable difference, but the other car died. I turn to my dad and repeat. I take out all the cars but one this was(about 4 cars) the last car disappears and then pops back up in front ofme sideways. At this point i aam the car more than me and i can turn it around as quickly as i can think. I notice that I lost track of my dream body and jump back in the car crumbles around me.

SPOILER - Click to view

become lucid in my apartment. Jump out the window. Can’t remember goals. I already raced… Hmmm… It is really vivid dream. This looks exactly like the parking lot. Guess I’ll just fly for a while. Find the place that I was in the car chase. Wake up.

[spoiler]talking to sister and dad at my apt. I stop and remember that I have yet to wake up. I look at my hand and it is messy. I look up at my dream dad. He didn’t notice. I tell him I got to get sonething out of the room. I try to seam through the glass, but can’t make it. I open it and seam through the screen. As I get through the screen i hear my dad destroy the door and come.through, angry again. I make the screen indestructible and jump off the balcony. Fail. Hit the ground. I jump and dont fly. It is even more vivid. The more vivid, the more I struggle with flying. I go through mental prep and start floating to the top f the apts. The sky looks normal. I start adding planets and wake up.

DEILD back.
I am in the sky still. All the planets are gone. Darn, I wanted to check out another planet and talk to the people there. I turn to the north and see a huge portrait in the sky (super mario 64_) I fly to it and it keeps changing. When I get there I zoom a way from my body and se it go through. Everything goes black and i notice I am now in a kings council. Yes! Another world! Score! They are talking
King: we have won our last few battles.
Advisor: we should be able to have all the planet soon.
I can tell that this is a smalllllll planet
Me: who did you best in battle?
King: who? What did we beat! We took out the southern field!
Me: no people there
king looks angry
King: we have the largest field attacking army of anyone ever! Dont look down on that!
Me: how many people?
King scoffs and puts his arms out wavig like there are a ton
King:3000
This goes on for a while. Pretty interesting place! My wife was actually in the council as well. Lol. Might have to go back there. [/spoiler]