Forgetting to RC

So I haven’t had a LD yet, and I have been trying to remember to do RCs. The thing is, I always forget to. I’ve heard that you can draw an A on your hand, but I don’t want people asking about that. Any ideas? Thanks.

I think what many people do is do a reality check whenever they see a certain object. Let’s say for example a clock, every time you see a clock, you would do a reality check. If you’re still forgetting after that… then I don’t know :confused:

How about simply drawing a point on your hand? If someone asks, it could have been an accident while you were writing :content:

Making numerus and mindless RC’s through the day won’t help a lot. You have to train yourself when to do RC. Of course do them whenever you notice something odd but also those targets that LaBerge provided in his guide for MILD should help you a lot.

Your forgetting about doing RC’s is nothing more then bad mnemonic memory. You can train yourself by doing those targets, the idea behind them is to memorize targets for the day you are at. So if it is monday memorize for monday but don’t memorize or look those for tuesday or any other day. So do the targets for lets say monday, when you wake up on tuesday memorize targets for monday and tuesday, on wednesday for monday, tuesday and wednesday and so on.

Here are the targets:

[spoiler]Monday

The next time I see myself in the mirror.

The next time I see a red car.

The next time I see an animal.

The next time I smell food.

The next time I hear music.

Tuesday

The next time I see a beautiful woman.

The next time I hear a man speaking.

The next time I write something on paper.

The next time I take off my shirt.

The next time I turn on a light.

Wednesday

The next time I feel the wind.

The next time I see a dog.

The next time I feel upset.

The next time I hear my name.

The next time I see my reflection in something other than a mirror.

Thursday

The next time I laugh.

The next time I eat lunch.

The next time I eat dinner.

The next time I push a button.

The next time I use the restroom.

Friday

The next time I take socks off.

The next time I lock a door.

The next time I feel fear.

The next time I hear music.

The next time I lay down in bed.[/spoiler]

So whenever you notice any of the targets do the RC and of course when you notice something strange…

Good luck! :content:

I started using a watch that bleeps every hour. That way wherever u r (unless it’s too noisy) u’ll hear it, and then u can do a RC. Once I had the habit of doing it I realised I didn’t need the watch anymore, and it was then when I introduced items that I see during the day which also appear in my dreams.

Dunno, there must be many different ways to do it ,

I read somewhere to pick one thing that you do or see about 8-10 times a day and try to do a RC each time you do/see it… So I started by doing a RC every time I make a cup of tea (yes I’m British and I drink a lot of tea :razz: ) Unfortunately I don’t make that many cups of tea in my dreams… so I guess you should use your dream journal and try and pick something that shows up in your dreams too.

I started to use this App, Awoken. It might help you as well. You can set alarms, push-ups and whatsoevers to remind you of doing a reality check. While it probably doesn’t help much if you only RC when your cell phone tells you to, it might have the effect that you think of checking when you look at your phone / it vibrates.

Does anyone else have any experience with LD-Apps? There seem to be quite a few…

Thanks everyone for the ideas. Guess ill just have to practice rcing and transforming into a gyarados will have to wait :smile:

Maybe try to do a RC whenever you see someone with blonde hair, hair in a tail, glasses or whatever to your choice. In most cases they appear both in waking life as in dreams. Might take a while before you start doing it in dreams though even if it prevents me from forgetting to do RC’s.

The other way might be buying a NovaDreamer although I haven’t any experience with it

Hi,

Something that I found really useful is doing a RC everytime I pass a doorstep.
I mean there are doorstep everywhere. The logic behind that is that it goes with movement and changing locations ( which happens a lot in anyones dreams ). It helped me a lot for example I change location in a dream and all of a sudden I notice that and did a RC.
You have to force yourself at first but It with build into a habit if you’re consistent enough.So give it a try and don’t loose faith.

Dream on

That’s a very valuable tip with the doorsteps :smile:
My other trick with the handsome persons doesn’t work very good as I have got only one LD that way so far. (or maybe all people in my dreams are ugly)