First Lucid Dream! I Think..?

I have never actually been successful in becoming lucid in a dream until last night (i think?) I will share my experience.

I went to bed around 11pm. i work out every night until about 9:30. i had taken a shower and i went straight to bed. I was tired, but nothing special.

I used the mantra “when i dream, i will know im dreaming”. I went to sleep and nothing happened. I woke up numerous times because my room was hot and i couldn’t sleep. I woke up for the last time at 1 am and i did more MILD and i start to get a lot of hypnagogic hallucinations. (i guess a little WILD too?) It gets pretty intense to the point where i see my room, or a room, flash in black and white for a second. I realize that this could be the point where i can “step” into my dream? the room went away but then i “entered” a little fuzzy hole.

I looked around and i noticed that my digital clock did not show numbers, but only weird broken numbers and dots! i knew i was dreaming! but i did not feel anything “special”. I sat there in my bed and an undead/zombie arm comes shooting up from under my bed and lands on the pillow i was resting on. It grabs my arm and makes this weird sound. I grab the hand back. I was startled, but not as scared as i thought i would be. This thing told me “I can be anything you want me to be”. I never actually saw this thing. But i was holding it when i got up and walked out of my room. I stood in my living room doorway holding this thing and told it i wanted it to turn into Kirby (from the Nintendo games). I walk into my kitchen. My dog and mom are both in the kitchen. I stood their smiling at my mom, seeing if she could notice that I was dreaming. She told me i was acting weird because of the time of day. After that, nothing happened so i woke up.

Was i lucid?? I felt i knew something was off because of the clock, but nothing crazy happened. I didn’t feel like i was in complete control, i just felt like i was walking around my house as a normal person. And is this “thing” that grabbed me someone who could potentially help me become lucid in the future?
Any thoughts would be great :colgate:

Yes, you were :cool: When you know it is a dream, it is a lucid dream. Dreams can vary a lot in how detailed they are and how much control you have over what happens. For me, the most realistic dreams are also the ones where it is the hardest to go against the laws of nature!

I agree with Siiw. having an LD doesent mean you suddenly feel amazing, it depends on what you’re doing and how stable the dream is. Your dream sounds pretty cool, I love that you wanted the hand thing to be Kirby! :tongue:

Couple of thoughts …

First, yes - of course. You had a lucid dream. Congrats.

The WILD transition can be very tricky. When you start seeing your room through closed eyes again, you might try reaching for something, literally. Reaching and touching something might help solidify your hynagogic images and help form a true scene around you.

Actually, I am most intrigued by what the hand/arm thing said. I didn’t memorize it, but of course the gist was “I can be anything you want me to be”. Don’t know if you are familiar with Robert Monroe? He had the concept of ROTES, basically instantaneous “thought balls” that one can receive while lucid or for that matter even awake. Often times I have received a similar ROTE, basically “it can be anything you want it to be”. To me, I think we are being told in very literal terms that the dreamspace, and really life itself, is malleable. And that we form our own realities around the experience. (LOL - apologies is that insight is heavy, in relation to your first LD :wink: )

Thanks for the replies guys, all very good information and i’m glad that i indeed had a lucid dream after all lol :cool:

I know a little about ROTE and Robert Monroe but what you said right here makes a lot of sense. You, as an individual, create your own personal experience with the world and reality. You create it, and can make it into anything you want. Thinking about it now, i guess that was a pretty cool way to start out lucid dreaming :razz:
Have you had anything like this happen to you in the past?

Can’t say I have. But since your intro to LDing was so cool, I will briefly share mine. I started floating over a field of wild flowers and realized I was dreaming. I assessed the look and feel of the wind etc … I then started flying toward a blue/brown portal in the sky. I submitted to the pull and entered it. I was transported to a scene in Ancient Egypt, hovering over the Sphynx in pristine form. Some of what happened next (entering a labyrinth under the Sphynx) has historic merit I am told. That’s it … I was hooked!

Hope your hooked as well.