the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 71

Yep, that’s a good idea…and welcome! :content:

Hi:

I’m new to this forum. I looked at it and a few other sites several years ago and learned a little bit about LD. I did eventually have a few, though I do not keep a DJ. So why, after all this time, am I suddenly joining the forum? Well, basically, I wanted to post something (I’ll do that in a little bit).

I first found out about the concept of lucid dreams from my father, about a gazillion years ago. It sounded cool and was something I wanted to do. But I had never had one. I has nearly forgotten about them until a few years ago when someone mentioned them. Well, there now exists this thing called the Internet :wink: and I was able to do a little research. Sure enough it worked and I had a few lucid dreams. It was pretty cool, although my lucidity was largely minimal. Not long after that, I stopped obsessively looking at my watch and the LD stopped for several years. But I just had two last week, and I wanted to post an observation I had. I assume that belongs in Lucid Adventures. If not, I’m sure a mod will move it to a more appropriate place :smile:

Thanks

Hello scriptwizard, It’s nice that your father had knowledge about LDing. Please check if his references have something that we have forgotten here and please tell us.

:welcome:

I have no clue what his references were; he was into all kinds of stuff. I don’t remember much about what he said. The main thing I got out of it was that if I could become lucid I could do anything in the dream that I wanted. At the time, he told me that if he became lucid, he could jump up and stick to the ceiling. That’s all I remember.

I’ve been lucid dream since I was very young. My first lucid dreams were of myself waking up at night and looking out the window to watch intergalactic wars, seeing stars and galaxies, and seeing myself in one of the spacecrafts. I would also be in other parallel dimensions, I can still picture it in my head very vividly. In my teens, I began to have OBE, where fear was overwhelming, the feeling of dark energy would rise over me. Around 19 going to 20, I decided to listen while within the dream, I said this is happening for a reason. I began listening, analyzing, and would begin speaking to myself within the dream, figuring out how it affects my “waking life” (this life here). Around 23 to now, I lucid dream every night. I had a situation where a dream cut off I woke, it played in my head all day and my midday I meditate and took myself back into the dream and finished the route within meditation. I had the opportunity to come across my spirit guides, one male and one woman, they have come to me 3 times. In this state of mind, as I lucid dream, we are standing, they are about 4-5 ft in front of me, shorter than average height and have an orange/yellowish glow to their eyes. We speak about obstacles that I am facing in my “waking life” and how I can better it. As I speak with them, I point to my right and see the shape of my eyes and in the middle its transparent gray, I could see people moving as if we were looking into this “waking life.” Last year, I met my spirit animal, the black jaguar, we stared into each others eyes as if we were one and went through a journey walking side by side. Last night I had my palms read and was told I was a star child. I always talk about Lucid Dreaming to almost everyone I meet, and to all honesty I believe this “waking life” is actually us sleeping while we are awake in other worlds/dimensions. We understand our true understanding while we dream and it can show us our true nature. I want to understand why this is happening to me and see how I can relate with other lucid dreamers.

Read about lucid dreaming via a link on the four hour workweek blog. I was interested in improving my Japanese language learning, and there was a bit about ‘reactivating’ / ‘practicing’ languages in your dreams. It sounded pretty awesome. Since I often remember my dreams I thought I’d give it a go and did some googling on the subject.

I started a dream journal back in mid October but it wasn’t until Feb that I had my first lucid dream that lasted more than ~2 seconds. Not very good at recognising dream signs, but had some success with WBTB + MILD so far.

Haven’t done any language learning in my dreams though, too much fun stuff to do like flying… :happy: Anyway… Hullo Everyone. Thanks for all your posts and ideas so far. Particularly like the section with all the dream inspired pictures, you folks are very talented!

Nice coincidence :smile:
I’m Andi, originally from Germany, currently living in Japan. Lucid dreaming interests me very much for a lot of reasons. Practicing language is not my goal, but the Kanji are a pretty tough thing to learn, due to their sheer number, so I thought, maybe if my SC assisted me a little… :wink:

I’m primarily interested in getting to know more about my psyche in whole. I never could remember my dreams, except for a very small number of them, most from childhood, when I had very vivid ones. Then I read about lucid dreaming, and now I can remember my dreams every night. I never become lucid however, and TBH, the whole topic freaks me out slightly (like that “distorted hands” thing - too many fingers! Uhh!).
Maybe I should start with some basic meditation and continue to remember my dreams before I actively intend to go further.
I decided to start a dream journal here, maybe that helps.

:wave: Hello youwillbecomelucid, hime, scriptwizard, SpacePigeon, obfusc8 and kazeandi, welcome to ld4all :grouphug:

Hi everyone!

My name is Cooper and i turn 21 in about a month. I live in the United States.

I’ve only been lurking for about three weeks and I decided to make an account. I’m semi-new to lucid dreaming and have been getting serious with it for the past week.

I’ve always had weird problems sleeping as a kid (and still continues to this day). I sleep walk frequently and i also find myself stuck in sleep paralysis with hallucinations more often then i would like :gni:. This got me instrested in the topic and I’m always willing to learn more and hear everyone’s personal experience! :colgate:

:wave: welcome to ld4all kaleidus

Being a member is much better than lurking :smile: all the forums are accessible and you can start new topics and reply in existing ones. Not to mention being able to make new friends. :content:

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi. As mentioned in my first journal post, I’ve known about LD4all for a while, but was quite busy elsewhere. A few people might remember me from another well known site or two. Anyway, looking for a dream community that is creative, motivated and a bit more active.

I’ve been LDing since about 2006. My background is in engineering so I approach this phenomenon at times a bit differently. Areas of interest include LD induction, PSI phenomenon, reality modeling and my latest endeavor … learning to speak dream (see journal for brief explanation and example).

I’ve had the pleasure of presenting at the most recent IASD PsiBer Dreaming conf, and was interviewed by Robert Waggoner in “Lucid Dreaming Experience” a while back. Also co-authored a book on my experiences dream sharing with another talented lucid dreamer. Etc … (Magic decoder ring for the curious … DrTechnical = James M Kroll).

Anyway, looking forward to sharing experiences and thoughts on these various topics.

Welcome to ld4all DrTechnical :wave:

Quite a few of our members have an interest in dream sharing. Would be good to read about a few of your experiences, either in your dream journal or in the beyond dreaming subforum.

It’s good to have you in our community. :smile:

Thanks for the welcome Moogle. Dream sharing is definitely one fascinating aspect of lucid dreaming and dreaming in general. I will have to spend a bit of time catching up on what’s been going on here in that topic. But I am quite convinced its a real phenomenon. Just briefly, Maria Pita and I chronicled our attempts and authored a book called “Dream Partners”. You can find it easily enough. Basic conclusion was that what one is sensing in dreams goes through a metaphor filter, and is interpreted in some sense. So if one meets up with another in the dream space, simple and emotional actions have the best chance of getting through the other persons metaphor filter unaltered, and remembered in a similar manner.

In our best attempt, we not only experienced a pair of events that were perfectly metaphorically matched, but literally woke at the same time (we live 700 miles aware, but were documenting wake up times). We hypothesize that we each seized a “piece” of each others consciousness, and then released it at the same time when one of us woke, thus perturbing the link and waking the other.

That event was enough to convince me it’s real.

Hi everyone,
I’m new to this forum, but not to lucid dreaming :smile:

I’m from a little place in Europe, I go to high school and one of my hobbies includes lucid dreaming…
I really like to explore my dreamworld, because it feel like I really belong there…a very strange feel, but I guess you know what I mean.
I think it’s more fun than real world because it feels so mystic and beautiful.
Don’t think I’m a weirdo, but I’d rather live in my dreams than in this world…

That would be all, ladies and gentlemen… happy dreaming!

Welcome to ld4all, Stray Bullet.

So have you been lucid dreaming from a young age or found out about it and then started lding?

I hope you enjoy your time on the forum and I’m sure that you will make some good friends here. :smile:

Thanks, moogle!

I actually found about lding a few years ago on the internet (not sure where)…
I had minor success, but I quit because I had too much to think about, like school.

I decided to try again because life’s been hard on me for years and I want to fix myself mentally and spiritually through dreaming.

Thank you again for the welcome :content:

Hey, I am new here and I need 1 post.

Hi, new here, I’ve had a few lucid dreams and I’m trying to become better :smile:

Welcome to ld4all klemen and Dreamerrose77 :grouphug:

You might want to post your first LD in the sticky The BIG “My First LD” collection :smile:

I hope you both enjoy your time on ld4all.

This part is now locked, the introductions continue in the BIG “Hi, I’m new here!” topic, part 72