ND Challenge 8: Congratulations Bom!

Yeah, I’m surprised too. It’s nice to see a mix of NDC veterans and new players.

Nice, now we have ten participants! :content:

Ahhh I’d love to participate as well!

My dream journal is here!

My goal is to go on an adventure with either Merlin and Arthur or John and Davesprite

[center]Task 1
A Song of Ice and Fire[/center]

The four elements: earth, water, fire and air have been a task in the ND Challenge in the past. The first task will be a variation of this, but I want to add something new. I’m sure most of you are familiar with the book series in the title or the Game of Thrones tv show. Those of you that do will have more ways to complete the first task, but this task shouldn’t be any harder even if you don’t know anything about the mentioned fantasy novels.

To complete the first task:

-Encounter one of the elements: ice or fire.
Or
-Encounter any character or creature from Westeros or Essos.

I think the latter option is harder and is a good sign of skillful dream incubation. Watching Game of Thrones is probably a good idea if you choose to go with that. Good luck :smile:

Valar morghulis

Just to remind everyone to either:
-Mark in your DJ if something is a ND, LD, fragment or chain.
-Or make a post here containing that information.

For example:

I can’t tell if that’s a summary of a normal dream or a fragment. Also post here if you think you completed your personal goal in that lucid dream, James.

Forgot to post here this morning! Apologies.
To save space, I’ll be posting my entries in this post only so only this post will be updated throughout the NDC. This should make it easier to collate/cross reference the scores. Each day will have the corresponding number # of the dream in the journal entry along with its type and any other thoughts.

Week 1 - Task 1

[spoiler]19th April
#1 - Fragment
#2 - LD - Tried to perform shapeshifting goal but process stalled.
20th April
#1= ND - Shapeshifted into a Xenomorph Queen/Xenomorph Drone.
21st April
#1 = Fragment
#2= ND
22nd April
#1= Fragment
#2= ND
24th April
#1= ND
#2= Fragment
#3= Fragment
25th April
#1=ND
#2=ND
#3=ND
#4=ND
#5=ND
[/spoiler]
Week 2 - Task 2

SPOILER - Click to view

April 26th
#1= ND
April 27th
#1=ND (Although it featured shapeshifting, I felt more like an observer so I dont think this counts towards my preset goal…)
#2=ND
#3=Fragment
28th April
ND
29th April
#1= ND
#2= ND
30th April
#1=ND
#2=ND
#3=Fragment
#4=ND
#5=Fragment
1st May
#1= Fragment
#2= Fragment
#3= ND
2nd May
#1= Fragment
#2= Fragment
#3= ND
3rd May
LD - Started out shapeshifted into Scrooge Mcduck.

Week 3 - Task 3

SPOILER - Click to view

May 5th
#1= LD - Started shapeshifting into an anthro Panda
#2= Fragment
#3= ND - Started out shapeshifted into a Yautja
#4= LD - Shapeshifted into a Minecraft style Dragon
7th May
#1= Fragment
#2= ND
#3= ND
#4= Fragment
#5= ND
8th May
#1= ND
#2= ND

Week 4 - Task 4

SPOILER - Click to view

9th May
#1= ND
#2= ND
10th May
Fragment
11th May
Fragment
12th May
#1= Fragment
#2= Fragment
#3= Fragment
13th May
#1= ND
#2= Fragment
15th May
ND

Week 5 - Task 5

SPOILER - Click to view

16th May
#1= ND
#2= ND
17th May
#1= LD
#2= LD
#3= LD
18th May
#1= ND
#2= ND
19th May
#1= ND
#2= Fragment
20th May
#1= ND
#2= ND
#3= Fragment
#4= ND
21st May
#1= ND
#2= Fragment
22nd May
#1= Fragment
#2= ND
23rd May
Almost fully shapeshifted into a woman

I’m laughing because between devouring Game of Thrones stuff and playing Flight Rising, I’ve been dreaming about dragons a lot anyway!

Today’s Entry
Fragment where Danaerys’ dragons show up briefly on my dream-computer screen as I look them up online to use as reference.

Just a couple of pretty boring dreams today :grin:

Letaali, as I am new to this, do you want us to post a link to our latest dream in this topic every day? Or should we keep a list? :smile:

A few people used a weekly post that was updated daily in the last NDC. Here’s a link to my week 1 post :smile:

You are free to post however you like and linking your DJ is not needed, I can find the dreams easily. What I really need is that you tell me how many NDs/LDs/chains/fragments/tasks you had or did each day. How you do it is up to you.

From your DJ I assume you had 3 NDs and 2 fragments? Those points have been counted.

Alrighty, so I’ll be taking your advice and post all my dreams through the first week riiiiiiight… here! :gni:

I’m a little busy these next couple of days since my entire family is over to celebrate my mom’s 50th birthday and easter, so my recall this week may be lacking. I’ll still try my best, though.

Week 1, Task 1

[spoiler]>> DJ <<
[APR. 19] Absolutely no recall whatsoever apart from the room I was in flooding (my memory’s very fuzzy). I remembered a bit when I woke up but was distracted by my guests. I’ll be sure to try harder tomorrow.

[APR. 20] 5 NDs last night. Damn. Compared to yesterday my recall just blew up. Sadly there weren’t any signs of fire or ice in any of them. I’m hoping tonight will be different.
Also, I don’t think I’ll ever trust ducks again.

[APR. 21] 2 NDs. I was awoken abruptly this morning to say farewell to my guests, so I was lucky to even be able to remember one ND. Then I went back to sleep and had another ND.
Still no signs of completing the task or my personal goal. I keep teleporting, but it isn’t by my own means which is what I’d like.

[APR. 22] 3 NDS and 1 fragment. No task or personal goal completions yet. How surprising.

[APR. 23] 2NDs and 1 fragment. Alrighty, so apparently my fragment counted as completing a task! Hip hip, hurrah! :colgate:

[APR. 24] 2 NDs. Short and frustrating dreams more than anything, and no personal goal completion in sight.[/spoiler]

Well, last night I had an NLD about being at a bus stop and given a paper which when folded takes you to Gods dimension, I did that but instead I woke up.

One ND I Did It
No ice/fire or personal goal.

I had 5… er, 6… wait no, 7 non-lucid fragments over the past 2 nights, and in one of them I encountered a frozen lake!

Okay, so I will make a weekly updated post here as well :content:

20/04

2 short LDs!! Finally! Here :smile:
As a new target, I want to fly to the moon.

Apart from that, one very long ND. Nothing frozen, though :wink:

21/04
Fragment

22/04
No Recall.

23/04
1-2 NDs

24/04
1 awesome ND :smile:

Congrats on the lucid dreams! However I’m afraid I have to count that personal goal being completed in a lucid dream thus giving less points. I should have mentioned this before. Your goal has been updated.

Some players have been asking about what counts as the elements of ice and fire. I didn’t mean to make the first task hard, so any form of ice and fire is good. Frozen lake and snow contains ice so I’ll count them.

So, I had 3 fragments and a LD(!) last night. Prior to becoming lucid I reality checked twice and saw some icy hail on the ground.

2014-04-22
And last night I had 4 nonlucid fragments.

A very vivid ND last night!

Started performing an RC, but was interrupted by the wildlife… Nothing ASoIaF related…

I had two dreams last night BUT :cry: I’ve forgotten the content so they don’t count. :razz:

I had 1 fragment and 3 NDs, and in one of them I completed my personal task of meeting an LD4all member!

My new personal task is to romantically hold someone’s hand.

So, um, does having a fragment with snow in it count as completing the task? I feel like it would be pushing the envelope just a little bit, but if it were to count I wouldn’t complain.

And just so you can go see what I’m talking about: [community.ld4all.com/t/cbs-library-of-dreams-chpt-2/39450/9)

It counts. Good dream recall so far too, good job! :content: