Lucidity Challenge 42—Winner: Wyvern!

I threw cars off a cliff and smashed boulders against each other. I wasn’t lucid.

I didn’t sleep well enough to have proper dreams last night.

[community.ld4all.com/t/siiws-19th-book-of-dreams/39350/46)

Hodge_Podge, welcome aboard! It seems like my prediction of the Action team being the largest one did come true; it was just delayed.

Siiw, I’ve added the points for smashing something sturdy, but I can’t give the points for lifting a heavy and anchored object because neither of those things was anchored/rooted to the ground. That said, you may not have been trying to claim those in the first place; it wasn’t stated, but I’m just being clear. You’re doing pretty well this LC and you still have many task points available to earn!

I’ve updated the scores per usual.

I completed my personal goal, which was to find and study a map of Ethos. Rather than writing about it, I chose to try to draw the map instead. So here is a vague representation of what I saw: i.imgur.com/fckZ7wi.jpg

Edit for technical information: The dream I found and studied that map in was a medium length lucid dream.

^ Congrats! Best of luck exploring everything there, as well as what’s not marked and what’s above/below the ground and seas. :smile: As I said in chat, you can put down a second personal goal for 25 points if you like.

The scores are updated again. Lots of points today!

[color=#F781F3]I had a long LD last night, which mostly consisted of me exploring the city, flying through walls, etc. I was kind of directionless. But at some point I had heard about a young girl music artist that called herself starscreamer. She sounded like nightcore. I liked her music, but others didn’t. There was a group of people gathered at a stage where they didn’t want her to sing, so i telekinetically picked them up and threw them into space… that counts as task 1 make someone fly with your will, right?

I totally forgot about my goal this time…

So basically:
1 long ld
and task one.[/color]

^ Yes, it counts as part of Task 1. My original intent was to have LC participants actually guide a DC through the air in a controlled way, but so many people interpreted it as “throw the DC” that I gave up on my original interpretation. :tongue:

I’ve updated the scores with this.

[color=olive]4/29/14
Long LD
No tasks accomplished/multiple failed attempts

[spoiler]4/29/14
Stealing From Gambit No?
I arrive at movie theater with a friend discussing a strange topic upon entry. I begin questioning the subject in the back of my mind.

Brief blackout/Bad stabilization

We appear in line still on the same topic [LD]until this girl makes a very blatant attempt to pickpocket me. I look over at her for a moment to see her looking dead ahead shamelessly deciding what to get from the concession. With a slight smile, I walk over to her taking my money back and say something leaving her speechless. Although I was tempted to test out a new Genjutsu technique (no harm intended), I take her blatant actions as her way of getting my attention, being flirty/playful. I lock eyes with her now holding hands with her, confirming if it was what she intended, and in the end I pull off a Gambit.(I stole her heart/ we kiss)

Blackout/Willed back in

Sky Fall: Sharp Sense
I appear looking up at a full moon in a clear blue sky, falling head first. I remain still, enjoying the feeling of the wind around me listening to its faint howling. On the way down I sense something, but before I could look I realize its too late to do so and execute a quick barrel roll to avoid the object. A plane coming into view, I hear a loud thump, from clipping it. Still falling head first, I watch the plane continue onward as if nothing had happened, no smoke or anything signaling danger. Then it occurs to me that if the plane wasn’t in danger now there would be later. “Shit I’ve gotta save those people…” I say stopping my freefall, clenching my fist, and jetting off toward the plane. While gradually getting closer to the plane I black out.

Blackout/Willed back

Barrel Roll
I find myself flying upside down with my head hanging back, looking down at the city below. Amused at how the city looked while upside-down, I remain that way a while longer then begin barrel rolling.

Blackout/Willed back

Back To Business
I’m falling once again, flipping and twirling, until I regain control (believe I heard a devious laugh upon entry, but ignored it). I make another attempt to fly to the plane, but soon realize that if something was going to happen to the plane it would’ve already happened. My mind then goes back to the tasks as I continue coasting through the city.

Wind Blade
Pondering what to lift or break, I spot a building coming up. I decide to spare the glass since it wouldn’t count (fragile), try to land, and lift the building, but my body doesn’t respond and continues flying. I then shift my attention to the pillar coming up, on the far side of the building. The pillar out of reach, I try to destroy it with a ranged technique and destroy a solid chunk of debris that would fly my way. Gradually closing on the pillar, wreaking havoc then comes to mind and my eyes shift to the bodies of water below. Focusing on the water below, I see a transparent image of my face. Markings had appeared on my cheeks and my eyes, even the whites of my eyes, had become blue as if I had awakened something within. Suddenly realizing the wind would be the a more convenient element, I shift my attention from the water to the air around me. I make a knife-hand, place it across my torso at an angle as if about to chop something, and begin gathering chakara along the blade of my forearm. The wind is drawn to my forearm, condensing itself, making a transparent wind blade. Condensing its power, faint fumy charges of a deep blue aura begin to rise from the wind blade. When the time came I attempt to send it at the pillar, but my body doesn’t respond again. I make a second attempt, launching it at the wrong time causing me to miss the pillar and fade into the sky. My flight still on a pretty fixed path, I attempt to move my arms to see if they could be of any assistance and soon find out they were stuck.

Sonic?
Afterward I attempt another task, scanning the lower areas for a DC to lift via telekinesis, but couldn’t find a soul. I continue flying, enjoying what I could, the view, and keeping an eye out for more task opportunities. About 600m off in the distance I spot a platform, rails, rings, springs, and a red balloon with a blue circle in the center of the balloon and a yellow star in the center of the circle. Led to believe it was a Sonic stage, I attempt to fly that way, but in the middle of my fight for flight control, I catch a glimpse of a place I never thought I’d see again so soon.

Highway In The Clouds
Seeing my flight path was going to take me to the highway in the clouds, I stop resisting and go with the flow. I’m temporarily distracted by the scenery before near missing a streetlight. Realizing it would count for a solid object, I attempt to collide with another street light, but fall short on reach or phase through it. During flight I black out again, and this time fail to return due to visitors coming and going.[/LD][/color][/spoiler]

Koharo, I’ve updated the scores with your long LD. Better luck with tasks next time!

i just noticed that i have 40 points in monthly quest? what is that for?
is that credit for the long ld, and just in the wrong place?

^ That’s exactly what happened. I’ve fixed it now.

Long LD, (Woo!) And an FA where I’m typing this comment! :tongue:

I done a multiplication, 45X45. Got it horribly wrong, but would do IWL anyway. I was going to take your advice and do a bizarre/creative exercise but never settled on what, so completely forgot in the LD. Oh well. :smile:

I had a short LD last night. I spent the whole time trying to get the lights to stay on. I would flip the switch, and they would start to dim and go out after a couple seconds.

Eterna, you forgot? Awwww. :sad: This is why you need to incubate some things before falling asleep! :tongue: In any case, you moved up a spot in the rankings, so congrats!

HeadInTheClouds, I had a dark LD this morning too, so I can sympathize. Better luck next time!

As always, I’ve updated the scores.

Nah, it’s not because I didn’t incubate, it’s because I spent too much time farting about IWL deciding (or not,) on what to do! :tongue:

So. Here’s a “long” lucid dream.

Cultists and Lucidity ~ Long Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 1
Medium LDs: 2
Long LDs: 2
Chains: 2

Task 1:-E Did some date math. | Levitated a van and went to the Astral Plain.
Task 2:-E SUPER SAIYAN SCIPIO. | Smashed things. Ripped a tree out of the ground. Transformed via injection.
[/spoiler]

^ Hey, as long as you had fun! Congrats on third place! The scores are updated per usual.

Thorn, I attempted to dream incubate about turning into the Grey Hulk, but failed! I did however have a 1 minute LD. However, I was so excited, I wanted to show off and all I accomplished in the LD was changing the color of my parents dining room rug. :sad:

I shall succeed next time! :grin:

^ Congrats on getting on the scoreboard! Take a look if it makes you feel good. :smile:

Also, Eterna, I just looked at your DJ. I see a short bit of lucidity that you didn’t claim for points. I won’t make you claim it—I know some people are only counting LDs aimed at LC tasks—but I want to let you know that you can claim another short LD if you like.

Had 2 LDs last night. 30s, and 2 minutes. I was up for 30 mins between. No tasks completed. I attempted to complete the action team dream both times and woke up before completing them.

My first dream

SPOILER - Click to view

I was in a class taught by professor Hembroff again, I don’t remember the subject. The desks were setup like an elementary school desks lined up in rows. I was in the back row sitting next to my friend Mel. I don’t remember what I said to her. I looked inside the desk and I saw some papers in the desk, and a block of cheese, which has probably been sitting there for months. I thought that was weird because we are in college.

I asked the teacher something about cutting the cheese, and he scolded me for interrupting the class, and then kept talking again. Next the class was over, and I was walking back to my desk from the front of the classroom, and now my desk was in the second row.

I walked by another student who I don’t really like to talk to. Then I saw the guy again. Finally I got back to my seat, and then I saw 4 of him coming out of the door in the front of the classroom. I thought that was weird.

Next I was in the hallway, I saw my friend again, and notices she wasn’t wearing her glasses, and her hair was different. I started eating the block of cheese that I found. I commented her on her appearance, and continued walking down the hall, and finished the cheese. When I came up to a set of doors I tried to open them with PK, but the doors were stuck, so I had to push them open. I came upon a second set of doors, And also failed to open them.

When I opened the second set of doors, I hear “ARE YOU READY?!?”, and someone brushed by me. At that moment I became lucid. I walked into a room, And it was a lecture hall, with about 8 people. I noticed some cords connected to the computer in the center of the room, and started walking down the stairs. I said “Who’s ready to play tug of war!”, and then woke up.

My second dream

SPOILER - Click to view

My brother was playing some kind of Grand Theft Auto, but the imagery was much different. He started driving on a dock/stair going up to a large ship.

Next I was with my sister, we were in someones house, she wanted to buy some worm and eat it to get high. She wanted to share it with me, but I declined.

Next I’m with my friend, we were going into some kind of trailer house. I walked in the first doorway, and then there was a second doorway, that was too small for me to fit through. I tried to leave, but my friend said “let’s go!” and I squeezed through the doorway.

I was with my sister again, we were at someones house to buy the worm. I knew the person we were buying it from, but sister did not know her. My sister wanted to spend 49 dollars on the worm.

I was at the ships again, driving a car, I was with my sister this time. I did a jump in the car, and flew about 500 feet. I landed on the dock right next to the ship. I saw the trailer that I was in before, the walls of it were brown metal.

Next I was in the basement of the trailer, the ceiling was short, covered in spiderwebs, and I had to crouch to walk. I came upon the door to the living room and saw some people I did not recognize. The doorway was short, and there were some solid copper wires in the way. I pushed on the door frame, and it became bigger. Next I pushed on the ceiling, and it rose. I walked through the door and became lucid.

I saw a jump rope on the table, grabbed it, and told everyone to come outside. When I walked out the door I saw a forest. I started calling “Wyvern where are you?”. I heard and echo. I called out a few more times, and then someone pointed in the distance.

I saw what I thought a small red dragon in the distance, he was in the shade, so it was pretty blurry. I signaled him some come help, he started running towards me. When he was close enough I got a good look, he was a porcupine with a red spot on his back. I was holding the jump rope, and someone was on the other side. I started to pull, and then I woke up.

^ Ouch, that’s three near misses with the tug-of-war. :sad: Honestly, I hope you succeed soon. I’ve updated the scores with your points. The race for third place is really close!