Lucidity Challenge 42—Winner: Wyvern!

^ That’s exactly what happened. I’ve fixed it now.

Long LD, (Woo!) And an FA where I’m typing this comment! :tongue:

I done a multiplication, 45X45. Got it horribly wrong, but would do IWL anyway. I was going to take your advice and do a bizarre/creative exercise but never settled on what, so completely forgot in the LD. Oh well. :smile:

I had a short LD last night. I spent the whole time trying to get the lights to stay on. I would flip the switch, and they would start to dim and go out after a couple seconds.

Eterna, you forgot? Awwww. :sad: This is why you need to incubate some things before falling asleep! :tongue: In any case, you moved up a spot in the rankings, so congrats!

HeadInTheClouds, I had a dark LD this morning too, so I can sympathize. Better luck next time!

As always, I’ve updated the scores.

Nah, it’s not because I didn’t incubate, it’s because I spent too much time farting about IWL deciding (or not,) on what to do! :tongue:

So. Here’s a “long” lucid dream.

Cultists and Lucidity ~ Long Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 1
Medium LDs: 2
Long LDs: 2
Chains: 2

Task 1:-E Did some date math. | Levitated a van and went to the Astral Plain.
Task 2:-E SUPER SAIYAN SCIPIO. | Smashed things. Ripped a tree out of the ground. Transformed via injection.
[/spoiler]

^ Hey, as long as you had fun! Congrats on third place! The scores are updated per usual.

Thorn, I attempted to dream incubate about turning into the Grey Hulk, but failed! I did however have a 1 minute LD. However, I was so excited, I wanted to show off and all I accomplished in the LD was changing the color of my parents dining room rug. :sad:

I shall succeed next time! :grin:

^ Congrats on getting on the scoreboard! Take a look if it makes you feel good. :smile:

Also, Eterna, I just looked at your DJ. I see a short bit of lucidity that you didn’t claim for points. I won’t make you claim it—I know some people are only counting LDs aimed at LC tasks—but I want to let you know that you can claim another short LD if you like.

Had 2 LDs last night. 30s, and 2 minutes. I was up for 30 mins between. No tasks completed. I attempted to complete the action team dream both times and woke up before completing them.

My first dream

SPOILER - Click to view

I was in a class taught by professor Hembroff again, I don’t remember the subject. The desks were setup like an elementary school desks lined up in rows. I was in the back row sitting next to my friend Mel. I don’t remember what I said to her. I looked inside the desk and I saw some papers in the desk, and a block of cheese, which has probably been sitting there for months. I thought that was weird because we are in college.

I asked the teacher something about cutting the cheese, and he scolded me for interrupting the class, and then kept talking again. Next the class was over, and I was walking back to my desk from the front of the classroom, and now my desk was in the second row.

I walked by another student who I don’t really like to talk to. Then I saw the guy again. Finally I got back to my seat, and then I saw 4 of him coming out of the door in the front of the classroom. I thought that was weird.

Next I was in the hallway, I saw my friend again, and notices she wasn’t wearing her glasses, and her hair was different. I started eating the block of cheese that I found. I commented her on her appearance, and continued walking down the hall, and finished the cheese. When I came up to a set of doors I tried to open them with PK, but the doors were stuck, so I had to push them open. I came upon a second set of doors, And also failed to open them.

When I opened the second set of doors, I hear “ARE YOU READY?!?”, and someone brushed by me. At that moment I became lucid. I walked into a room, And it was a lecture hall, with about 8 people. I noticed some cords connected to the computer in the center of the room, and started walking down the stairs. I said “Who’s ready to play tug of war!”, and then woke up.

My second dream

SPOILER - Click to view

My brother was playing some kind of Grand Theft Auto, but the imagery was much different. He started driving on a dock/stair going up to a large ship.

Next I was with my sister, we were in someones house, she wanted to buy some worm and eat it to get high. She wanted to share it with me, but I declined.

Next I’m with my friend, we were going into some kind of trailer house. I walked in the first doorway, and then there was a second doorway, that was too small for me to fit through. I tried to leave, but my friend said “let’s go!” and I squeezed through the doorway.

I was with my sister again, we were at someones house to buy the worm. I knew the person we were buying it from, but sister did not know her. My sister wanted to spend 49 dollars on the worm.

I was at the ships again, driving a car, I was with my sister this time. I did a jump in the car, and flew about 500 feet. I landed on the dock right next to the ship. I saw the trailer that I was in before, the walls of it were brown metal.

Next I was in the basement of the trailer, the ceiling was short, covered in spiderwebs, and I had to crouch to walk. I came upon the door to the living room and saw some people I did not recognize. The doorway was short, and there were some solid copper wires in the way. I pushed on the door frame, and it became bigger. Next I pushed on the ceiling, and it rose. I walked through the door and became lucid.

I saw a jump rope on the table, grabbed it, and told everyone to come outside. When I walked out the door I saw a forest. I started calling “Wyvern where are you?”. I heard and echo. I called out a few more times, and then someone pointed in the distance.

I saw what I thought a small red dragon in the distance, he was in the shade, so it was pretty blurry. I signaled him some come help, he started running towards me. When he was close enough I got a good look, he was a porcupine with a red spot on his back. I was holding the jump rope, and someone was on the other side. I started to pull, and then I woke up.

^ Ouch, that’s three near misses with the tug-of-war. :sad: Honestly, I hope you succeed soon. I’ve updated the scores with your points. The race for third place is really close!

Thanks for pointing out the LD I didn’t mention. Tbh I didn’t realize we got points for LDs even if they weren’t task related. You might as well add the points on if that’s still all right. It was a surprisingly stable dream, just a shame that pesky alarm went off!

On a side note, I’ve been talking with my OH about the LC while it’s been on, and he’s been blaming me because he had a FA this morning. He says he’s going to try to RC whenever he wakes up now. (I’m slowly wining him over to LDing, wahaha!) :happy:

Eterna, I’ve added those points in and updated the scores.

The next task goes up tomorrow!

A lucid moment and a long LD: [community.ld4all.com/t/siiws-19th-book-of-dreams/39350/47)

The reason why this dream is “long” compared to the previous “medium” LD is difficult to explain. It felt long, and a large part of it was related to physical feelings in my dream body, sound, and the way those worked together. It is very hard to describe with words. The dream was also so good in itself that I chose not to do challenge stuff.

^ I’ve added the points for these dreams and updated the scores. I’m happy to see so many LDs from everybody!

[color=#F781F3]I had several short ld chains. The ld’s themselves only lasted like a minute or so though, but I kept waking up, then going back to sleep into them…

But like last time all I really did was fly around through houses… but i guess this time i did kind of have a goal of my own, ad that was that i wanted to find unique people. i asked some people to tell me where a blue haired girl was. I did manage to find one girl that was sleeping, though the details are fuzzy… that got me to remember… look for my sister! so I did… and I found a couple of people that had red hair like her, but they were not her at all. they just had red hair… other than that i completely forgot about the LC.[/color]

Had a long LD 2 nights ago. Was a struggle to remember, but I definitely do remember watching Hockey. Unfortunately didn’t remember the Traveler incubation correctly or the members. Scipio was there but he’s on the Shapeshifting team. XD

/me will return if he manages to remember last night’s dream… which he’s pretty sure he did tasks. bah

EDIT: Just realized the sport had to be strength based. Disregard. There wasn’t even a fight in the hockey game. :razz:

Loah, I’ve added a short LD and chaining to your score.

Wyvern, that’s a shame. I mean, if you had gone to a fight and a hockey game broke out, I’d award the points. :tongue:

Gonna claim this before I get to work at least (for the sake of my team. :razz:). Will write out when I get back home…
Was between medium and long, but I’ll just say medium LD.

• Did an exercise
  • Did tug-of-war with Letaali
  • Watched a fight with Ian1, martial arts were involved, but they were kinda amateurish. XD

My recall is still awfully sketchy… I wonder if I can get it up and running again. Soon, that is.