Lucidity Challenge 42—Winner: Wyvern!

Huge journal entry today.

In the first LD, I remembered the LC and started eating raw sugar candy canes which started turning me into an anthro Panda. There was a bit of weight gain but I dont think it quite hit it’s full potential as it ended a tad too soon. Was very detailed though. This one was probably around two minutes.

In the second LD, I again remembered the LC and was successful in summoning both Headintheclouds and Scipio (a first I might add). I told them about the LC and tried to summon a pile of burgers which didn’t work out. There was a lot of other activity/detail in this one and it lasted at least 15 minutes which is rather lengthy for my LDs. :smile:

Another short LD.

james_uk2008, from what little I know about Minecraft, I can mark the Enderdragon as a strong creature for Task 2. The chubby panda qualifies for Task 3 as well. Congrats on getting such a long LD, by the way!

HeadInTheClouds, noted and put in the scores.

I’ve updated the scores. There’s a big gap between third and fourth; can anybody get over that hurdle?

I toyed with the idea of me dreaming, so I guess that’s of note?

But honestly, I need to start putting effort into these things. I’m lagging behind and I don’t like that.

^ Wondering or thinking you may be dreaming is worth 5 points, so it is of note! I’ve added the points to your score. Also, that statement “I’m lagging behind and I don’t like that”… statements like that are usually the ones that drive me back into LDing after I get lazy. I had a similar thought yesterday, acted on it, and became lucid this morning, so hopefully the same works for you!

I had a dream where I was morbidly obese. I don’t recall much of it, but I recall my size well. I had so much fat that you could hide a car under it ( and it would be crushed). I was unable to move, I don’t think my legs even touched the ground. I also didn’t have a lot of clothing on…or my fat was covering it… :bored:

^ As I said in chat, your ND produced more fat than everybody else’s LDs. Maybe that’s an accomplishment…? As you physically couldn’t move, I’ll give the points for the attempt at moving; I can’t fault your dream for going well beyond what was expected, right? :tongue:

Also, I had a medium-length LD, posted here, in which I visited a fast-food restaurant and fattened up. I attempted my personal goal but failed. I know I can’t earn points as the LC’s host, but it’s a force of habit for me to post LC dreams in here. :happy: My score would be a measly 275 points if I counted everything I did from the start of the LC until now. I admittedly didn’t attempt tasks in the first five of my six LDs during this LC, but it’s interesting to see how far behind I actually would be! I don’t imagine I’d be in the top three if I had actually been trying the entire time!

I’ve updated the scores.

Had a short LD. Tried to summon Wyvern and failed. Thought about other team members, and then faded back into another ND.

^ Small failures like that happen to the best of us. Better luck next time! I’ve given you the points for the short LD.

Not lucid, but I TRIED lifting up a car at a point…

…however, I’m not sure whether lifting it up a few centimetres for a split-second counts. Probably not, but hey. I can try.

Edit: Wait, it wasn’t ‘anchored’ or ‘rooted’. Big whopping never mind, then. :I

I had a short LD, and did the fortune teller subtask from task 1. Does it still count when it was a family member?

I wondered if I was dreaming in this morning’s dream. I’m still trying to complete this weeks task, though.

[link]

Oleg, I’m sorry you were close but not quite there. :sad:

Siiw, I see no reason why it wouldn’t count, so congrats on the points. :o

Yev, I was actually just about to PM you to see if you were still participating; I know you’ve been keeping a steady DJ, but I wasn’t sure if you were still focusing on the LC. I have my answer now. :happy:

The scores are updated. Rhewin has been busy with real-life things, so I have temporarily marked him as inactive so that he does not affect the team averages. paual’s forum profile shows her last log-in as in April, so I have marked her inactive as well.

Good news and bad news!

The bad news is I tried to dream incubate about eating popcorn. Sadly, I awoke hungry and confused! Lol.

The good news is I have dreampt about my workplace for the last 4 nights. So, I will do more RCs at work. Hopefully I will trigger a LD in upcoming nights.

Think positive, and positive things will happen!

First LD all week and I tried to earn some task points… sadly no dice (or pizza even).

Hatsune Miku - Trace Adkins - Adele Crossover ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 2
Medium LDs: 2
Long LDs: 2
Chains: 2

Task 1:-E Did some date math. | Levitated a van and went to the Astral Plain.
Task 2:-E SUPER SAIYAN SCIPIO. | Smashed things. Ripped a tree out of the ground. Transformed via injection.
[/spoiler]

^ As I said in chat, I can’t count the chain points as you said you were unsure if you DEILDed between lucid parts at any point, and your dream journal only shows re-entering the ND and becoming lucid. That said, you still get the points for the short LD, and I updated the scores to reflect that.

The next task goes up in under 14 hours! Get your team point claims in ASAP!

With Task 3 coming to a close, let’s look at the current standings!1. Wyvern (960)

1. drd (760)
  2. Lucidis (735)
  3. HeadInTheClouds (495)
  4. Eterna (490)
  5. Siiw (485)
  6. Scipio Xaos (420)
  7. Rhewin (395)
  8. Loah (300)
  9. James_UK2008 (260)
  10. demented (160)
  11. Letaali (95)
  12. Hodge_Podge (85)
  13. ian1 (50)
  14. Koharo (40)
  15. Oleg (25)
  16. paual, Yev (5)
  17. mr_Block (0)
    There are many pockets of close scores. I respect that not everybody is on the level of the top three, but most people have some rivals with similar scores, and I hope these rivalries serve as motivation!

The Shapeshifter team averaged 1.33 Task 3 subtasks per member and gets its vote of Spheres set as the Task 4 theme! The Action team averaged 0.86 with a vote of Altitude and the Traveler team managed 0.83 with no vote. I’ll put up the unused Altitude task in the team workspaces so that people can see what could have been, but remember that it is worth a whopping zero points; don’t try to do it for the sake of the LC. :tongue:

Task 4 will be in the next post!

Task 4: Spheres

I don’t really have an interesting description for this task as I did for the previous ones. I was running out of task ideas and thought of a random noun, and it just so happened to make for an interesting, medley-style task!* Hold something spherical that is not a part of your body: 10 points

• Hold something spherical that would be impossible to hold in waking life: 20 points (must be done with a different object than the previous subtask; you can reallocate points later if needed)
  • Play a sport involving a ball: 30 points
  • You’ve heard of dream spinning; have you tried dream tumbling? Roll head over heels for five seconds or more: 40 points (this is worth so much because it will either stabilize the dream or completely ruin it :tongue:)
  • It’s a good thing you don’t need oxygen. Visit a foreign planet: 30 points
  • WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE. Transform under the light of the moon: 10 points
  • Be the sphere! Inflate like a spherical balloon or fill up like a spherical water balloon, then float (only if full of air), bounce (in either case), or roll (in either case): 30 points (can be combined with the 40-point subtask above)
    Excluding Team Dreams and team rewards as always, the Action Team has 565 subtask points available so far, the Traveler team has 540, and the Shapeshifter team has 525. As I’ve been saying all along, an equal amount of points will be available for all teams by the end of Task 6 and throughout Task 7.

The Team Dream requirements for this week are as follows.* Action: Decide on a sport that uses a ball to play with at least one teammate.

• Traveler: Describe a foreign planet that you will visit with a teammate. You can give me a name, you can give me a description, or you can link me a picture. The planet needn’t be real, so fantasy planets are okay!
  • Shapeshifter: Decide on inflating or filling up with liquid with a teammate and also decide whether you will float, bounce, or roll (if applicable). As always, you and another teammate must do it together.
    The winning team this week will get a bonus subtask next week that can easily be combined with the team’s other subtasks and will be worth 40 points! The other teams will be able to attempt it but will only get half-credit as usual (and would of course get half-credit for the other subtasks that easily combine into it). The bonus subtask will also not be applicable to a Team Dream. That said, points are points, and you should want the prize!

Had an FLD today where I was trying to do last weeks LC. I summoned and ate a chocolate brownie if it counts for anything. Sadly I hadn’t read this weeks task beforehand!

^ You already claimed junk food points, sadly. :sad: That said, tasks don’t expire, so you would have earned those points if you didn’t already have them. As you said, you have this week’s tasks now, so be sure to check in with your team’s page and start planning!