Lucidity Challenge 43: Winner - drd!

@Letaali: It’d need to be either you hearing someone hum the song or you playing it on a instrument. Still, you’re on the right track :content:

@En’enra: So close to doing the team task! You get points for listening to music. It looks like you also changed the music. If I’m reading this right, you also get points because it looks like you changed one song into another. Is that right?

@Mew151: Man, you’re on a roll :happy:. Remind me to never challenge you in the NDC. And sadly the task says that the DC needs to perform the song for you. So close.

@Siiw: See, that WBTB did help… just not on getting lucid. But don’t worry, those will come :cool:. Also, I’m going to assume when you performed the song you were playing an instrument, correct?

@Oleg: If you feel like you played it in your dream, then I’ll go ahead and count that. Also, welcome back :partying_face:

@Wyvern: And this is where I would comment on all of Wyvern’s posts… IF HE HAD ANY. Seriously, write down the darn dreams XD.

Scores are updated.

As for the team advantage, here are the teams’ current participation rates*:
Transformation: 18% (2 tasks per member)
Creation: 11.36% (1.25 tasks per member)
Investigation: .6% (.625 tasks per member)

*Participation rates calculated by the number of tasks completed by a team divided by the number of members on the team. Average number of tasks is then divided by total number of tasks. 100% participation is 11 tasks per member in Task 1

I did change one song into another (different genres too), but it’s a transformation task, so I’m not sure if it counts.

I’ll take is as long as you made the song transition from one to another. If you used your dream powers to will the song to change, I think that fits the spirit of the task.

My sister and her kids were in the dream. One of them did a RC and I followed his lead by counting my fingers. I had five in my right hand and didn’t become lucid.

Here’s the lucid dream I already told you about…

[spoiler]After a few eventful NDs… I find myself sitting in some sort of fancypants building. All around were my main circle of friends sitting comfortably on a giant brown cushion.

While one of my friends spoke to me, I realized that I was dreaming out of the blue. I do my hand RC a few times and come out with 6 fingers every time. I interrupt my friend to tell her that I was dreaming, but she just kept going on not caring. I felt like she was trying to disrupt my lucidity at that point. I rubbed my hands together to stabilize.

I turned around ready to do some singing, something I planned before sleeping… to sing Moon River- Frank Sinatra. I started singing the beginning, starting off strong.The sound of my own voice was really quite strange like how it is usually. It sounded a bit muffled, like singing in a small enclosed room, except the building I was in was gigantic. I sang by a giant dimly lit hall. The floor was brown shiny marble. As I sang, I found my voice weakening and oddly my body was being forced down, not violently though. About near the end of the song I couldn’t remember the lyrics correctly.

I walked to a different room still singing what I could recall. I find a small room with a piano and boy playing it. He was playing moon river as I sang it, it sounded nice in my dream. Never heard a piano version irl though. I stopped singing and went over by the piano and tapped some keys producing not so pleasant sounds lol. I actually had no intention of playing an instrument, only woke up realizing I did the task.

Happy, I think of my next goal of listening to music. I wanted to hear Frank Sinatra’s Moon River on a record player. (IRL my dad’s record player’s needle needs replacing, I really wanted to listen to some old vinyls) So I walked into a new room which looked like a library room. I see an old school friend and asked him where the album I’m looking for is, he directed me to a shelf of vinyl records and points to a blue cased one with Frank’s name on it in yellow. Here, it becomes unstable and I wake up briefly but focusing on the last scene I’m able to get back into the dreamscape.

I get back and stabilized by rubbing my hands together. Now I gotta find a record player… and I knew I could easily make these things appear, but I suck at it. I did what I did before and asked the same friend DC where the player was. But as I asked this it appears in front of me by a table lol. I put the vinyl into place and pulled up the “needle”. It was a strange looking record player, the needle was hanging unstable and it looked like a plastic arrow. I’m about to start the music until I hear my DC friend turn his music on. I forget this counts too as listening :razz: I feel bad briefly since I’m about to play over his music. Then I woke up.[/spoiler]

Just a short DEILD. I didn’t get the dream stable enough to do anything, though. Better luck next time. :razz:

DEILD Delusion ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 2
Medium LDs: 3
Long LDs: ~ none ~
Chains: 3

Task 1:-E Parts I & VII | Parts III & IV | Part II
[/spoiler]

rhewin, i played a very awkward organ. It wasn’t new though, it was inherited. I’ll post full dreams when i return home :cool:

Medium LD last night here

Um… This probably doesn’t count for anything. I was trying to improvise… :eh:

Had the longest lucid dream of my life. Out of important things, I asked two DC about their favourite songs and had one sing a song for me.

A DILD and a Chain here. No tasks though. I may have been lucid, but I wasn’t lucid enough to recall things to be done. :tongue:

Distracted DILD ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ CHAIN

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 2
Medium LDs: 4
Long LDs: ~ none ~
Chains: 4

Task 1:-E Parts I & VII | Parts III & IV | Part II
[/spoiler]

Rhewin, I don’t know if you added points for changing the music yesterday. I’ll point it out just in case, now that the actual dream is posted. :cool:

I played instruments last night, but since I already did that, I’m not claiming points. There were several references to an upcoming musical performance, but the actual show didn’t happen.

I had a short lucid dream and a medium-length lucid dream this morning as typed here. No tasks from the Task were done, and my personal goal was forgotten.

@Siiw: yep, I got it all down :cool:

@obfusc8: Seems like a new instrument to me!

@En’enra: :eek: Congratulations! I know what it’s like to have a great LD like that. Just the perfect mix of stable, vivid and lucid. And you know what? I think taking your would-be attacker, making peace and then taking him to a concert is worth 10 creativity pts!

@Thorn: :rofl: I think it’s safe to say you were a tad groggy in that dream. And now I can totally steal the task idea :ebil:

Scores are updated.

As for the team advantage, here are the teams’ current participation rates*:
Transformation: 18% (2 tasks per member)
Creation: 15.9% (1.75 tasks per member)
Investigation: 7.95% (.875 tasks per member)

*Participation rates calculated by the number of tasks completed by a team divided by the number of members on the team. Average number of tasks is then divided by total number of tasks. 100% participation is 11 tasks per member in Task 1

Had a medium length DEILD. I summoned a mini keyboard by holding out my hand, and then I played it. I also asked a DC to sing his favorite song. At first he didn’t want to, but then he sat down, pulled out out a guitar, and started singing.

Edit: To clarify, It was a piano keyboard, not a typing one. :tongue:

I had my LONGEST LD EVAR this morning. No tasks done, because my lucidity was too low to remember that I even had LC tasks, but it was still a long LD for me, and it shows that I’m making some progress. :grin:

I had a normal dream last night in which I listened to music.

[url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/ians-dreamworld-journeys-starting-anew/39235/101]

@drd: awww, a computer keyboard could have gotten you points for making a new instrument :razz:. Well done anyway! Did that DEILD chain two LDs together or did you use DEILD to become lucid from an ND?

@Mew151: Congratulations! Now see if you can beat your record again :razz:

Scores are updated.

Everyone, turn in any other task points you might have had. I decide the team advantage tonight, and so far the Transformation Team is way ahead still. Time for a lucid nap, eh?

Rhewin I used the DEILD to become lucid from a ND, and actually, I re-entered the previous dream.

Had a short lucid today. I recalled the group task and went looking for a park to perform at. Didn’t find it, but flew over some really beautiful scenic places.

[spoiler]Can’t seem to remember how I got lucid, I think it was just spontaneous. Mainly remember being low level lucid and DCs licking my fingers? o.o (finger licking good lol) Then I suddenly went… What am I doing here? I have to do my tasks. I stabilized the dream and left the building.

Outside was a lot of greenery. There was a road and on both sides lush green trees. On one side, I see over a stony cliff a really nice deep blue lake with mountains in the distance. The sky was cloudless, it was like a perfect sunny day. I walked around looking out for a park. I come across two DCs that were couples. I asked them where the park is, the male DC points into the forest and laughs, “Deep inside there, it’s very far.”

They walk off, I hop up into the air and fly into the forest. I stop by a lake and just took everything in. The sun was glistening in the beautiful blue water, the tree branches reaching out to me with countless little healthy green leaves. It was simply breathtaking. I am reminded of Enenra’s recent dream here. The dream seems to be nearing the end, I panic a little since I haven’t completed the task. But with a quick rub of my hands, it stabilizes. I drift a bit and decide to sing a song, the first song that came to mind. Don’t remember it anymore -__- I continue drifting and singing and… that’s about all I could recall. Had some long intense NDs afterwards and woke up. [/spoiler]

Unsure if I can still join the battle!

:confused: . Hodge_Podge - Transformation - Turn into the Grey Hulk!

My average LD length is short.