Lucidity Challenge 43: Winner - drd!

I overlooked this one the first time around. July 4ths ND, I used an electronic device (computer) which malfunctioned on me.

Here are some LC points. The first dream has no points but discusses my LC dream incubations. The second dream has me using technology in an unintended way by storing and retrieving ink cartridges from a refrigerator. The third dream is a short LD with no tasks done.

So. A little luck this morning… well… not really. Should just be thanking the latest Mind-Virus for the NLD’d task. :razz: I used a catapult in my dream this morning, and I believe that should qualify as outdated technology.

Heist in my House ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Task 3 Part II

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 6
Medium LDs: 4
Long LDs: 3
Chains: 6

Task 1:-E Parts I & VII | Parts III & IV | Part II
Task 2:-E Part II | Parts I & V
Task 3:-E Part I & Part VIII | Part II

Personal Task: Spoke with Cardia.
[/spoiler]

Yesterday I had a lucid moment. Still struggling with control. Also heard music in an ND where I graduated and sat down to watch a band play on stage. They sang in another language and had some young dancer dressed in light flow-y colourful material. In another ND I used my mobile phone as a sort of time traveling device. :razz:

It’s almost time for the teams to choose. What’s the worst that could happen by picking the SUPER MYSTERY FUN PRIZE?

I return from a long vacation and an even longer dry-spell, with points for Team Transformation. Two NDs, unfortunately, but points nonetheless.
Both involved the use of electronics, although one I would like Rhewin’s input on as to whether the device used was sufficiently ‘electronic’.

SPOILER - Click to view

I was in an ND, plagued by peripheral vision issues. There was a human on a medical bed, in a largely white room, presumably some kind of care ward at a hospital. I was standing facing the head of the bed, with the bed to the left of me. In front of me there was a CRT-esque display roughly the size of a laptop monitor, at chest height. On it was a display of vital signs (Or at least, the stereotypical display you see in Hospital Dramas). From what I could tell, all the various instrumentation that you normally see in such a room was condensed into this one device. I manipulated it (Though I don’t remember how) and the screen changed to a 3x3 grid, which showed all of the different functions of the machine. Then the dream faded completely from my memory.

And the points I would like input on…

SPOILER - Click to view

I was with members of my RL family, among others, exploring a large cavernous area underground and searching for some kind of villain. The caverns were so large that they could have quite easily swallowed a Super-Aircraft Carrier whole. At the far end of the main cavern, I discovered an area flanked by the remnants of a building which ‘blocked’ itself from illumination by my flashlight. Whenever I would turn my flashlight towards that area, the light it made would be swallowed by a kind of black fog. I pressed the ‘Mode’ button on my flashlight, and cycled it through various levels of brightness. The brightest level was just barely able to penetrate the Dark Fog. By having everyone in the party focus their flashlights on the Fog, I was able to see enough to find the villain and fight them.

I wouldn’t try to claim points for a flashlight as an ‘electronic’ were it something simple like a Maglite. But seeing as it had over two brightness settings, which were switched by pressing on a single soft-button, rather than turning a dial or otherwise mechanically breaking the circuit, I would consider it an ‘electronic’.

I tamed a turtle in a dream, it wasn’t lucid though. Work has piled up on me, and i’ll hopefully be able to type up full dreams tonight, but can’t promise anything.

In a ND last night I composed a cover and mash-up of two songs that sounded different enough for me to consider it “original music”.

Had a medium ld last night, chained with a DEILD. I tried to build another robot and failed. I guess building robots is not my thing :,(. Also the DCs did anything I told them to do, and I tried to talk to my SC but failed. It seems my recall picked up a bit last night

Almost time for Task 4. Make sure your team has turned in what you want for your advantage award! Turn in anything extra you might have, time’s ticking down for this week’s advantage.

Scores are updated

Team Participation
Transformation: 14.8% (1.8 tasks per member)
Investigation: 13.3% (1.6 tasks per member)
Creation: 10.4% (1.25 tasks per member)

Turned into a giant robot, did the Transformation team task with Thorn (wing upgrade), turned Thorn into a robot, used old piece of technology (record player) , used a cellphone.

long, short with DEILD, medium respectively.

[community.ld4all.com/t/wyverns-lucid-logs-ii/33131/61)

EDIT: And other points that I didn’t write out 2 weeks ago. Did the Quest, played an instrument, turned music into something physical. Long LD.

Task 4 - Super Mystery Fun Task!

[center]Welcome, everyone, to the Super Mystery Fun Task!

Rhawin is pleased with your choice[/center]

The Transformation Team has won advantage and has picked to infli- I mean give the SUPER MYSTERY FUN PRIZE to themselves! Yay! Little did they know, they changed the entire Task! Basically, I shoved all of my ideas into a little box. Now three possible tasks have been dispersed among the teams. Oh… about the teams.

Creation
Investigation
Transformation

Forget those boring old teams! For this task only, the SUPER MYSTERY FUN PRIZE has changed your teams into something a little different.

Say hello to the new teams:

Super: what’s the point of having dream powers if you don’t use them? Go out there and be super!
Mystery: there’s a whole dream world of DCs. Who knows what secrets lurk in the shadows?
Fun: OMG PARTY!

In addition to new teams and random tasks, members of the Fun Team can do any one (1) opposing team task without penalty.

Also, the two non-advantage teams must complete team-voted Tasks while wearing party hats :happy:

The Tasks

Open the SUPER MYSTERY FUN PRIZE in a dream 20pts
Wear a party hat 20pts

Become a super hero 30pts: I mean costumes and a defined set of powers!
Rescue (or distress) a citizen 40pts: hero of villain? Time to show your true colors. Also, does not have to be in your super hero form, but what’s the point of doing it otherwise?

Narrate your dream noir style 30pts:
just like the old detective movies of the 1930s.
Offer to solve a crime 40pts: you don’t have to actually solve it, but you know there’s potential for bonus points if you do!

Transform into an inanimate object 30pts: you’ve got some choices here. No moving!
Give yourself (and use) extra limbs 40pts: man-spider time!

[color=red]Due to technical difficulties the Team Tasks will be posted within the next 10 minutes[/color]

EDIT: Rhewin said Wyvern was too late, so meh, disregard. Yay victory!

@Wyvern: that was posted exactly at midnight. Missed the deadline, I’m afraid.

My apologies for the wait. The forum is crawling. I could barely edit the previous post.

Task 4 Team Tasks

Super: no hero is complete without a villain. Create your own super villain (or hero if you’re the villain). Figure out their name and powers and then confront them. You’re gonna need back up on this one!

Mystery: in addition to solving a mystery for a DC, you can create your own mystery to solve. Decide on the type of case it is (theft, murder, etc.) and give the case a classy name like in those old Noir shows. Don’t forget your side kick!

Fun: you know what? There haven’t been enough dragons in this LC. Pick a specific type of dragon (western, eastern, skeletal, etc.) to become, and a second type of dragon for your team mate to become. Do I hear combining points with a previous task? Why yes I do.

[color=blue][size=200]FUN TEAM ADVANTAGE

You know what? Come up with whatever randomness you want. You can pick anything that relates to any of the above three teams (Super, Mystery, Fun), or the previous teams (Creation, Investigation, Transformation). The only exception is you must include the following word for inspiration: COWBOY

Thorn: to address your concern, I truncate and/or round when posting. The pure equation is done without rounding, just one equation after another the calculator. I did appear to make an error, however the final corrected participation rate leaves the Transformation team in the lead at 13.9% (13.8% truncated).

Edit: I also will not delay an entire LC Task because someone posted right at deadline. Even 11:59 is a stretch, but the post in question was posted as I hit the submit button.

Long LD last night

Some task related stuff -

“Turn a DC into an animal” - the DC changed, but he didn’t shrink to a proper size, so don’t know if it counts.

SPOILER - Click to view

There is a man dressed in a duck outfit and I decide to RC by attempting to turn him into a duck. It works! He turns yellow and fluffy like a duckling, arms turning into wings, orange beak protruding from his face. :hehe: He stays the same size though, like an enormous mutant duckling.

“Meet with the creator of your favourite music” - well it was more him chatting with me, I kind of disregarded him as I’d forgotten about tasks at the time. Lost the dream before I could get him to sing his favourite song though. :cry:

SPOILER - Click to view

At the door there is a bouncer. It’s ginger haired Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age. I’ve forgotten the lucid challenge and the tasks entirely, so my focus is on getting outside to go flying. He lets me pass but he follows me, asking questions, trying to convince me to sit down and have a beer with him. He asks me what the rush is and I explain that this is a dream. We get outside. He is skeptical, asking me why I think I’m dreaming, so I start to sky swim backwards, floating up into the air. He continues following me, also swimming up into the air, asking me to wait.

I point out to him that he’s flying too.
“Oh. Cool. Do you fly often?”
“As often as I can, yeah.”
After flying for about a minute, I remember the LC tasks and turn to Josh Homme, asking him to sing his favourite song, but my vision clouds over and I think I lose the dream.

Not sure how this one would count because of the FAs, but posting it anyway. It was either a long LD, or lots of short ones, with lots of RCs. I tried to do a task but failed.

Also, this new task sounds exciting ♪

Okay, so I had a short LD last night.

In the LD, I was able to grow Wolverine’s claws, albeit tinier versions. In a ND earlier in the night, I was Wolverine, but I never used my claws; I just got into a fight with some crazy dude who said I didn’t need armor because of my abilities and that’s why he decided to try to beat me up.

So how all that counts, I’m not sure. Claws seem like extra limbs to me, but maybe not? Also, I did become a superhero because I was Wolverine. And then, being Wolverine counts towards my personal goal. I’m not sure how this tallies up.

I had a medium-length lucid dream last night:

[url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/ians-dreamworld-journeys-starting-anew/39235/116]

Still knocked out by work and a heat wave, but tomorrow if off if everything goes well and I’ll type up then.

Last night, I used a flower knife to enter IRC messages with…on a cola bottle. I think that counts as using technology in an unintended way? It wasn’t lucid, I just vaguely recognised this form of chat as something I had done before. Also, in the same dream, Soothsayer used a radio as a speech-to-text device.