Lucidity Challenge 43: Winner - drd!

Still knocked out by work and a heat wave, but tomorrow if off if everything goes well and I’ll type up then.

Last night, I used a flower knife to enter IRC messages with…on a cola bottle. I think that counts as using technology in an unintended way? It wasn’t lucid, I just vaguely recognised this form of chat as something I had done before. Also, in the same dream, Soothsayer used a radio as a speech-to-text device.

In the first ND here, I stood on a beach facing the water and fought against a giant squid. They are not native to my area, so I’m claiming the “find an exotic animal in its habitat” points.

I tried to solve a crime in a ND this morning. I also narrated it but I’m not sure if that counts.

Had a short lucid moment yesterday, interrupted by my alarm turning on -_- Dreamt about being stalked in the ND. In the dream I thought I would get LC points because I was a victim. I discussed this on IRC in the dream… mixed up victim/villain. I noticed I felt very disorientated and after a few strange events I realized I was dreaming and jumped out of an open window still half conscious. Questioned myself again to make sure it wasn’t another FLD and flew above a beautiful area only to be awoken by my alarm shortly after. :sad:

Medium LD this morning. I had remembered the task wrong, and thought it was about superpowers. So I flew, and tore a hole in physical reality with my bare hands, but didn’t even think of a superhero or villain. :cool_raz:

I got lucid for a very brief period of time today, actually several times but the other times I got lucid after falling asleep in the previous dreams, believing that reality was the real life. (I could be wrong however, my recall isn’t the best, I do remember one of the LDs were extremely vivid, but it could have been a FLD, however I was totally aware of that I was laying in my bed sleeping)

Oh yeah, in one of the NDs I also used a computer to browse facebook!

Edit: In the LD posted earlier (page 12), I managed to fly several times, forgot to mention that!

I had a normal dream last night were I was in a MMORPG. I don’t know if it counts as entering the Internet, but I was the actual avatar in the game, as if I was living inside of the game. I wasn’t playing him from RL.

Had a long LD chained with a DEILD last night. I put on a party hat, blew a couple noise makers, and then I opened the mystery box. There were actually two boxes, and I only opened one. They were colored blue, with the LD4all background, and on the top was the word “believe”. Inside the box was a large set of d20s, and there were a bunch of RPG figurines. Inside the box, I found a DLC box, and it was green. It was much smaller, and I didn’t open it.

The “Super” team has decided to use Snidley Whiplash as our Super Villain. His super powers would be tying knots super fast and surviving explosions, I suppose. :razz:

EDIT: TONIGHT IS THE SUPER MOON
NOW’S OUR CHANCE
GO TEAM

My team has decided to use Western and Eastern dragons for its team task and will be robbing a bank for the advantage task.

For the team incubation, my team has voted on investigating diamond theft.

2 Short LDs last night

In the first I got a DC to sing his favourite song -

SPOILER - Click to view

“Sing your favourite song for me.” I ask another guy. He is balding but with a friendly smile and a striped T-shirt. He stars to sing. I don’t recognise it. I don’t know what it is. There are no words to remember. “Allegro.” He says.

Edit: I thought the task said box instead of prize… Doh. Never mind.

In the second, I found and opened a super mystery fun box… (does that count as a prize??) a white TARDIS :happy:

SPOILER - Click to view

I see a white door closed in front of me. The door is part of a big box, a white painted TARDIS / Police box. It doesn’t get more super mystery fun than that, surely? :content: I walk towards the door and open it. Behind it is another door and as I look I see a pair of eyes are cut into it. I go to touch the eyes to see if they are carved or real, and the eyes rapidly fly towards my face, followed by another set and another, all on white painted wood. Happy eyes, sad eyes, angry eyes, all flying towards me and vanishing, replaced by another set. After about ten sets of eyes, I shout “STOP!” and wake up.

I had a medium-length LD this morning, posted here, in which I gained and used extra limbs. I initially used my typical wings, but realizing that those may not count, I attempted (but did not finish) the team dream and moved a prehensile tail.

@Wyvern: sorry, I wish this really counted to the last advantage… you did really well!

@En’enra: looks like a long LD with a chain bonus

@HeadInTheClouds: claws are extensions of your current limbs, not new ones. However, I agree they count to your personal goal. And no, being an MMO avatar is not being in the internet. You have to go inside the internet yourself, not just make an avatar. I’m talking jumping in the screen. An avatar could do this, but you’d need to be doing it intentionally to be in the internet for the task.

@ian1: so close! Next time just try the toys outside!

@Siiw: that totally counts for using technology in an unintended way :happy:. Also, so close to the super hero task. If the SUPER MYSTERY FUN PRIZE hadn’t been chosen, that may have been points!

@Thorn: I agree, natural habitat points awarded

@Mew151: wow, that was awesome for an ND :happy:

@StarryGwee: that sounds like losing and regaining lucidity in a dream. Sound right?

@Hehu: I can’t really understand your post. How long is the LD you had, including chains? I will assume a medium with chain bonus for now. Also, flying is not a task.

@drd: let it be known! You have opened the SUPER MYSTERY FUN PRIZE. And it was filled with another mystery box. Its secretes will forever be hidden!

@obfusc8: of course that counts! In fact, for picking up on my avatar and having a unique experience, I think that’s worth +10 bonus points!

Scores are updated

[center]Quick Announcement[/center]

While I technically cannot force it, please turn in all points at least half an hour before the final deadline. The forum tends to be slow because of several people posting at once. During the last task, someone tried to post at 11:59 CST (new task is up at 12:00). I was not able to see the post before the new task was put up.

If the poster had given me their tasks earlier, it may have been worth enough to get the advantage. Like I said, I will not delay the entire LC because someone posted at the last second.

If you want to be 100% sure I count your tasks, please give me at least a few minutes to count you.

Nah, my lucidity level just wasn’t so high in the beginning. Questioning myself helped increase it. :content:

Welp… sadly my lucid streak seems to have died off… hopefully I’ll turn it around soon. :tongue: As for now, though, here’s a moment in which I’m pretty sure I wondered if I was dreaming. I know it’s not much points, but it counts for something so I might as well claim it. :razz:

Do Ya? ~ Lucid Moment

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 6
Medium LDs: 4
Long LDs: 3
Chains: 6
Lucid Moments: 1

Task 1:-E Parts I & VII | Parts III & IV | Part II
Task 2:-E Part II | Parts I & V
Task 3:-E Part I & Part VIII | Part II
Task 4: ~ none ~

Personal Task: Spoke with Cardia.
[/spoiler]

I tried to “solve a crime” in a ND this morning, or rather, prove my innocence:

[spoiler]I start trying to put things back in order and then give up, sitting down on the bed. There’s no point clearing up until they leave.
“It was the London lot. You know what they’re like.” The nurse tells me. She sits down next to me on the bed. “A lot of medical supplies have gone missing as well. We just discovered it in the stocktake.”
“Those bastards.” I reply.
A DC who I think is from the London office taps the door so it swings open, apparently he was spying on us through the crack in the door.
“It went missing from your cupboards, mate.” He gives me an evil grin.
“You’re not getting away with it this time. I’m going to prove it was you.” I tell him, standing and squaring up to him.
He sneers and starts implying that our office used the medical supplies as recreational drugs. I shove him against a wall and then go looking for the missing medical supplies.
[/spoiler]

@Rhewin: Combined the LD lenght was probably around 10 minutes or so

Here’s two medium-length LDs with no tasks done.

Also, it occurs to me that yesterday’s LD had me incubating and then actually dreaming about the same place and method used in one of my earliest transformations into a dragon. I knew I was incubating that for a reason, and it just occurred to me what I forgot to claim: I did the monthly Quest! I can’t believe I forgot to claim that yesterday, and I hope it’s not too late to make that claim. :tongue: