ND Challenge 9 - Winner - Ysim!

Power play last night :tongue: Must’ve been REM rebound after my less than 4 hours of sleep the night before.

3 ND’s + 2 Current Tasks last night.
Driving a car (home from work), riding a bus (I have no idea why), driving a car again (taking someone else home).
[edit]Disregard that last bit, I had forgotten it was each UNIQUE mode of transport[/edit]

…Aaaand I’m 4 ND’s behind in my DJ again x.x

[edit] 2 of the 3 typed…

Wednesday - 2 NDs, no tasks.
Unfair!
The Pink House

In ND #2 here, I was aboard a train as per Task 3.

Wednesday’s update: Slept for 10 hours - 1 Fragment

Thursday’s update: Slept 3 hours - 2 ND’s, 1 Current Task (was trying to incubate motorcycle, got bicycle…close enough)

I’ll never understand my brain. :tongue: I’m also aware I’m slipping further behind in my DJ. Tonight was a rather large deadline for a project, I’ll try to get caught up tomorrow during the day.

End of Week 3
@Ysim - Write your dreams up! Or no bonus recall points for you! :truit:

@James_uk2008 - Shame those were ‘computer game’ dreams… you weren’t in the game / first person at any point?

Current Scores
1. Letaali 939
2. Ysim 781
3. James_uk2008 444
4. moogle 410
5. En’enra 405
6. Bom 55
7. TheUnknownDream 10
8. Fate 0

[center]Thunderstruck
[/center]

It’s week four and time for something a little trickier…

If I say ‘nature’ you probably think of forests, mountains, wild animals, that kind of thing, but mother nature has a darker side too. When mother nature gets angry, she violently reminds us all just how dangerous she can be. Despite all our technology, we are still at her mercy.

Back at Christmas time the UK was hit with severe storms and flooding. In the wake of the devastation however, you saw people really pulling together and helping each other out. Disasters remind us how fragile our lives are, and how important it is to be part of a community; to have friends and family to support us.

This week your challenge is to witness an extreme force of nature in your dreams. E.g. Hurricane, typhoon, tidal wave, avalanche, earthquake, volcanic eruption, blizzard etc.

Sorry for posting late. Task 4 should be interesting, it’s usually really calm weather in my dreams.

Last dreams for previous part.

Rescue!
The Challenge

Rescue included a small flight in a plane at the end. BUT interestingly it also included a nature theme of a ‘flood’. :grin: I found it funny when I saw the new task. :lol:

Scores updated.

Ysim was closing the gap but Letaali sprints ahead again… and Moogle catches up with En’enra… the race is on! :content:

Your psychic powers are beginning to scare me… :smile:

:ebil: Extreme force of nature, eh…I think I’ll go for thundersnow first.

Just a fragment last night.

Just looked at the scores… checked the rules on chaining…

Techniques
If you wake up from a dream, but immediately go back to sleep and see either the same dream or a different one, you will be granted 5 points.

I should have 5 points for chaining last night since I did wake up and then go back into a dream or does it only count for lds? in that case ignore this post :smile:

@obfusc8 - Nope. The two here were literally being played in the same manner in a non true to life fashion. I definitely didn’t go into the game and ride the vehicles in a true to life sense.

Week 4

SPOILER - Click to view

July the 26th - Fragment + ND
July the 29th - 3 dreams + Fragment
July the 30th - Fragment
July the 31st - LD + ND

I missed that one, sorry moogle… Fixing scores now. :smile:

Well it wouldn’t have been clear in the dj or the post here since I wasn’t aware i could get points for it.

Now Saturday… one dream, it hasn’t got a title yet.
Traveled on a hybrid bus/train/plane which would be a late travel task.

Sunday - one dream
Nil By Mouth

Chaining counts for different dreams, too? How immediate does this have to be?
For clarification, many of my multi-dream nights are a result of waking up before my alarm, scribbling a dream I recalled quickly, and flopping back to sleep. When I do this, I usually fall right into a dream, but without putting much effort in, it’s usually a different dream with no lucidity.

Anyway, regardless of that, Saturday’s update:
3 ND’s (1 chained) Unsure if either count towards the task. The first half of the chain was lightning/thunder storm, the second half was just very a patchy rain storm.

And today:
1 LD after using a nose RC. Did the task while lucid. Again, not sure how you want to count this. I made it rain, then turned the rain into a hurricane, which I then turned into a blizzard.

The way I understand chaining is if you wake and basically roll straight over and immediately go back to sleep, its a chain. If you are awake long enough to write notes then I don’t think that counts, but you folks have been at this a lot longer than me. :confused:hrug:

Otherwise any night with multiple dreams in a row would be considered a chain?

Regarding the tasks, patchy rain doesn’t float my boat, that’s mundane, but the hurricane, blizzard and lightning storm are all good. :smile:

If you want to count it as immediately falling back asleep, that’s fine. My DJ notes are often as short as 2-4 words, as I cannot keep myself awake for longer than that :tongue: I was only questioning cause I noticed it referred to the “same or different” dream. I normally define a chained dream as returning to the same dream (or at least a similar enough one) immediately upon falling back asleep. By my definition, it’s theoretically possible to hold a chain from the morning to a nap in the afternoon. Really difficult, but possible. Saturday’s chain still holds though, I was being lazy and didn’t write anything in my DJ until after the fact, which I kicked myself for cause I lost half of the first dream.

3 ND’s + 2 late tasks One in particular: I was at a summer camp for my summer vacation with several dinosaurs. Most of them were from The Land Before Time. There was also a large green humanoid beast with an octopus head. I think that may have actually been Cthulhu. :cthulhuy:

I realistically will probably not have them all typed until tomorrow. I have a busy day today.

[edit]Completely forgot to mention: I took a nap yesterday, but only had a fragment for recall. Nothing else to report.

One fragment
Recycling Day (fragment)

Shame it wasn’t a full dream … I would have seen the fences blown down by really bad weather. :tongue:

Week 4

SPOILER - Click to view

26.-29.7 5 NDs + 3 Frags + 1 RC
30.-31.7 2 NDs + 4 Frags - :meh:
1.8 2 Frags