Lucidity Challenge 43: Winner - drd!

But…but… I just managed a medium length DEILD which was pretty stable. And my personal goal… Donnie Yen taught me some Wing Chun… :sad:

It was epic though, but too late… Too late. :sigh:

Oh dammit. I totally thought I wrote it down in this topic. I found my pet in that last LD I posted. I even mentioned it in the dream, referencing the task:

My dreams have been full of fiction the last few days, but I didn’t post in time because of time zones and laziness. :cool_raz: Rhewin wasn’t in any of them.

This goes for everyone: if you have something from before the deadline, you can still post it. It won’t affect the final advantage, but you still get the points if you did it before I had posted the new task.

@obfusc8 & Wyvern: I’ll update for both of you later.

Unfortunately looks like the final task was posted at 5am in my time zone, and I woke up around 6am, so that means I was too late…

So I’ll have to revisit my dream, summon Rhewin and learn a bit more kung fu… Easy, right? :cool:

I had a short LD last night and found Rhewin. You were kind of useless though. You didn’t talk and didn’t help me to get any tasks done. Then I woke up.

I have had a “wonder if I was dreaming”, a conversation with a favourite fictional character, done something I’d not do IRL (travel to a dangerous conflict zone) and in an unposted, really bad dream done something else I’d never do IRL: I physically harmed somebody.

I had a long lucid in which I flew like a strange bird, partially did the dancing task, and messed with water.

[spoiler]The furthest I could recall… Becoming lucid in my house and rushing out the window. Before actually jumping out the second floor I performed the hand RC. It wasn’t as convincing because of how accurate my hands looked, so, I observed my backyard while perched on the wooden balcony. It was a normal sunny day with a few clouds in the sky. Nature danced with the gusts of wind. Almost everything was in the correct place within our backyard, but a few pots of purple and white daisies.

Seeing those daises clued me in. I hopped off the balcony and dipped downwards while spreading out my arms to fly. I felt the cool wind engulf me. It felt really nice. I circled the yard simply enjoying the feeling of the wind. Not long after I noticed a black bird hovering above me. This black bird seemed tiny because of how far up it was. Flapping my arms quickly I get closer to this mysterious and now large black bird. It’s eyes looked like gorgeous blue beads. It’s body was strangely shaped, the wings in particular. With both wings stretched out, the wings formed half a circle. The black bird’s feathers were short and consistent throughout. It looked very smooth and silky. While observing, I did not notice that my arms transformed into the wings of the black bird. I smiled and tried them out while gliding.

I stopped flying to remind myself of the tasks that need to be completed. I have a bit of a difficult time remembering the tasks but eventually do. I chose the dance battle first. I could not remember what location we were suppose to be at though! I had no time to continue thinking. I decided on the character Mario and dropped down. Once hitting the ground I can feel a strange weight on my head and seeing my loose blue overalls. Without even thinking of transforming… I did! I had landed in a large blue tennis court. Everyone was “there” but wasn’t exactly visible. I could sense they were there. All around the edges of the tennis court were buttons. There was a rule that we had to follow, to dance around the tennis court while stepping on each button (can’t miss any). I shrugged and went along with it. Twirling about like a ballerina trying not to miss any buttons. Finally coming to the end I could see who had won. The name of the winners popped up in text on the ground of the tennis court. Thorn had won first! Then James and me.

Done with that, I think of another task… something involving water I remembered. Bringing an element to life. I was content here with how long its been. Going onto the next task I lose some of my lucidity. I find a wooden bucket of water in a forest nearby and two villagers came to watch, a boy and mother. Using one hand I tried willing a heart shaped orb of water out. I could not get the water to lift out and then… the villager lady’s face morphed into the face of a demon. Large dark patches as eyes and mouth stretched out to scream. She grabbed my neck and tried strangling me, but I woke up before anything.[/spoiler]

Had a short LD here which was no more than 1 minute long. As per the “NARCISSISM!” bonus task requirement of making sure that Rhewin appears in the LD, I summoned Rhewin who appeared as nothing more than a shadowy figure due to the LD ending a bit soon.

Had a lucid dream with Rhewin acting in a musical piece in a park that I directed.

After a mostly sleepless night, a dreamless nap, a completely sleepless night, I got an unusually long LD in a late morning nap. After a long time of looking, I found rhewin, he had invented a flying bike. Will post after work.

Scores are updated

If this bonus task isn’t to your liking, don’t worry, it’ll be over soon. You’ve got two days to upload any score claims.

So I had a long lucid… and by chance I came across Rhewin! Yay! I can claim something this week! :tongue: (And the title’s a joke! :razz: )

Rhewin’s Bugging Me ~ Long Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 11 (+1 Not Counted)
Medium LDs: 4
Long LDs: 4
Chains: 7
Lucid Moments: 1

Task 1:-E Parts I & VII | Parts III & IV | Part II
Task 2:-E Part II | Parts I & V | Part VII & Part VIII
Task 3:-E Part I & Part VIII | Part II
Task 4:-E Parts III, IV, V, VIII
Task 5:-E Part I

Personal Task: Spoke with Cardia.
[/spoiler]

Had a moderate LD here which was around five minutes long. As per the “NARCISSISM!” bonus task requirement of making sure that Rhewin appears in the LD, I summoned Rhewin who unlike last time, appeared much more plainly, spoke with me for a bit before transforming me into the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

And the LC is OVER!

Congratulations drd!

You now have the option of hosting the next LC! If you choose not to, the honor will pass to Scipio Xaos, then to Wyvern etc. We’ll eventually find someone to host :razz:

Final Scores

1. drd (1570)
2. Scipio Xaos (1330)
3. Wyvern (1300)

4. Thorn (1240)
5. HeadInTheClouds (1000)
6. Obfusc8 (880)
7. Siiw (760)
8. En’enra (705)
9. StarryGwee (680)
10. Koharo (670)
11. Mew151 (460)
12. James_UK2008 (375)
13. Hehu (280)
14. ian1 (270)
15. Letaali (160)
16. Montebest (130)
17. ZRVera (120)
18. Hodge_Podge (80)
19. OmkAR/Lucidis

I hope you all had fun. It was a great LC to host, I enjoyed it a lot. See you next time, happy lucids! :tardis:

Congrats drd!

Congrats drd! This challenge was very fun, it helped me practice my dreaming skills and made me learn a lot! Thank you, Rhewin and also thank you, Investigation team! :content:

Congrats drd! :smile: Roll on LC 44. :smile:

Thanks Rhewin for all the crazy tasks and grats drd. :partying_face:

Congratulations drd, and thanks to everyone who made this LC so much fun, especially our wonderful host, Rhewin!

This has been my most successful LC yet. I had some of my longest LD’s ever during this LC and I really felt like I made some significant progress in this LC. I can’t wait for LC 44!