LD4all Quest 94: September: Playing in Leaf Piles

LD4all Quest 94: September: Playing in Leaf Piles!
Author: Ysim :ysim:

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Playing in Leaf Piles!
Summer has passed, and the air is getting cooler (at least for those in the northern hemisphere). Pretty soon the leaves will start changing color, if they haven’t already. You know what that means? Back to school! Oh, and time to Play in Leaf Piles!

In this Quest, we’re going back to some childhood fun. I mean, I’m not saying adults can’t play in leaf piles, but your neighbors may give you odd looks :tongue: If you are someone who tends to dream mostly of one season, this will also give you the chance to practice changing seasons. You may also need find a place with leafy trees, if they are not native to your dream land. Most importantly, remember that the goal of this Quest is primarily to have fun!

“Cannonball!”

To complete this Quest and earn your wings:

• Become lucid
  • Find or create a leaf pile (raking optional)
  • Jump into the pile!
  • Optional: Invite a DC to play in the leaf pile with you

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Qu will give wings if you think you should have them; the wings are a reward for yourself.

Qu will give wings to everyone who asks for them at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Tips for Completing this Quest

• As you do your lucid dream incubation, think of the autumnal season.
  • Think about the colorful leaves on and under the trees.
  • Find pictures or videos of the fall foliage.
  • Try a technique like VILD; it can make it easier to enter a specific setting from the start.

Have fun, be silly, and happy lucids! :ysim:

I was so close! I found a leaf pile in the middle of a forest but got distracted with feeling some jack’o’lanterns that looked like a fallen log that got split into three pieces. I woke up before I got to the pile. Gah! I’ll try again tonight.

Success!
Early this morning during my WBTB I got lucid during a dream in which I kept finding dried watermelon juice on my desk. I had a tenuous hold on the dream from the start so I quickly made the leaf pile behind my desk and jumped in. My cat Cheese was sitting on the desk and I asked him to join me. He did a back flip and landed in the pile. I woke up a few seconds later. I kind of wish I had more time to enjoy those leaves though.

This Quest has now ended.

Congratulations Cherriey

Your wings should be ready in the next few days!

You can find the LD4All Quest for October here

I forgot to post my success for this quest, forgive me.

It happened on September 4, I will try to revive my DJ again.[spoiler]I managed to chain back into a LD and I saw the opportunity to jump on a pile of leaves. I managed to pile up a lot of leaves and hay and jumped on it. However, the ground crashed and I fell into water below the ground. I didn’t expect that to happen at all. When I got back to surface, the ground of the whole scenario was shattered into pieces floating on water. It was kind of interesting.[/spoiler]