My favorite WILD technique (very specific instructions)

Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce you to the WILD technique that works best for me. Basically whenever I enter Sleep Paralysis after a WBTB period, the chances are close to 100% that I’ll have a lucid dream, thanks to this technique. It is actually a WBTB-WILD combination, but with a very specific visualization method. Now some people might disagree with certain parts of this tutorial, so that’s why I say in advance that this is my personal favorite technique, and what works for me might not work for everyone else. In any case, this is how I do it.

[b]1.) I sleep for about 5 - 6 hours. Then I get out of bed, and stay awake for only a few minutes (not too long). This period needs to be just so much that it doesn’t completely awaken me and prevent me from easily falling asleep, but it also can’t be too short so that I’ll fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. This is very important, because my mind needs to be aware as my body drifts into REM.

2.) After this short period, I go back to bed. I lay down either on my left or right side, simply because using this technique when laying on my back has not worked for me so far. Now I close my eyes and relax. I focus on my body and try to really feel my entire body. I especially concentrate on my head. This is key for me. I try to focus on my entire skull.

3.) What I think about while focusing on my body is not entering a Lucid Dream, but entering Sleep Paralysis instead. After a couple of minutes, I sense a feeling of heaviness over my entire body. This feeling starts to become stronger in my head as I drift further into sleep. At this point I concentrate on my head and on all the heaviness that I experience. A few moments later I will feel intense pressure in my head along with noises and vibrating sensations, and at this point, I will already be in Sleep Paralysis.

4.) I am now in Sleep Paralysis. I can’t move. I experience the feeling of my head vibrating strongly and sometimes even banging against the pillow. There is also an extremely loud noise, kind of like a machine gun going off near my head. Sometimes I feel vibrations throughout my entire body during this, and especially around my hip area. A long time ago I had to keep reminding myself that this is not real and can’t hurt me, but now I just find it funny. While my head is vibrating like crazy and this loud noise banging into my years, I do the following, which is Step 5.

5.) I visualize exactly what I would see if I were to open my eyes in real life. This means that I focus exactly on the position I fell asleep in, and I visualize what object or objects I would see from this perspective if I were to open my eyes to get out of bed. In other words, I try to see THROUGH my eyelids. If I am on my right side, I would see my wall after waking up. If I am on my left side, I would see lots of other things, such as my closet, chair, lamp, window, and so on and so forth. So while all of this (SP + Vibrations & Noises) is occurring, I visualize seeing my room from the exact position/perspective that I fell asleep in, and I think about nothing else.

6.) Maybe 10 to 15 seconds later, the image of my bedroom becomes more and more vivid. I start to see it literally become alive. A few moments later, the noise and vibrations disappear, and the image becomes extremely vivid - in other words completely real. At this point, I simply “feel” that I am there, and I move my dream body. I move, and I get up out of bed. I am now in a dream![/b]

[color=darkblue]Important things to note:

• Once you’re in Sleep Paralysis, do not let your mind wander. Focus on seeing your room through your eyelids and think about nothing else. You visualize seeing your room from your physical point of view. You do not visualize any movement. Needless to say, you don’t visualize anything from a third person perspective either.

• Always do a reality check after “waking up” from a “failed WILD.” Many false awakenings can occur during these attempts, so if you think you failed to enter a dream, do a reality check to make sure.

• Do not be scared by Sleep Paralysis. It cannot harm you in any way. Remind yourself over and over again that the hallucinations you experience are not real. At this point you should be happy about the fact that a lucid dream is only a few seconds away.

• If you have never experienced Sleep Paralysis then you probably won’t have much success with this technique, but it doesn’t hurt to try.

• Do not attempt this at the beginning of the night, because that would be completely useless. You are not entering REM at the beginning of the night. You should sleep for 5 or 6 hours, as I said in the beginning.

• Don’t be discouraged if it doesn’t work on the first try.[/color]

And that’s what I have to say about WILDing. As far as WILDs are concerned, this is the best method for me. I really have an extremely high success rate with it. As I said in the beginning of my post, whenever I enter SP after a WBTB period, the chances are close to 100% that I will have a lucid dream using this method.

I’d love to see some people try it and report back. Good luck. :smile:

Jakob

Interesting method. I never thought of visualizing during WILD attempts but it sounds promising. I struggle when it comes to getting hypnagogic images, so it’d probably help to think about something like my room that my mind is very familiar with.

I’ve always been told it’s best to lay on my back, but like you, I’ve had no luck with that position. For some reason I’m just incredibly uncomfortable that way and can’t fall asleep. I’ll definitely have to give it a shot laying on my side.

I think I’ve done this, lately when I fall asleep I tend to automatically stay aware during the HI phase and I usually visualize exactly what would be going on outside my closed eyes until I wake up inside a dream

WILDing is actually really hard for me because I struggle so much with awareness during a dream. That’s also why I spend so much time trying the WBTB method (even though I only tried it twice already :tongue: ) But this method is a mix of both of those methods and I actually think it may affect how often they deem successful! This seems promising. I’ll get back to you with the results.
Anything that proves changes, mostly in success, takes a little over a week, especially when we’re associating with something as mentally tasking as lucid dreaming.
Thanks, Jacob! Very helpful post!

Your way is like 99.99% the same as mine. Only difference is that I imagine rolling on my side and waking in my dream bed or sinking into bed of lifting up. It’s practically the same but I don’t “have” step 4 or to better say your 4 and 5 steps I have in one. I wouldn’t say that you are in sleep paralysis actually at that moment which you described in step 4 (but that doesn’t really matter now and we don’t even need to discuss it :smile: ) but that’s the also the moment when I make my transition from waking into dream state.

I usually feel buildup of energy in my body at that moment which you say is SP and by doing this visualization of transition is like relieving this energy and transforming it into the dream… It’s beautiful actually! :content:

Well, with me, sleep paralysis is always present during this state. Actually, I think I’ve only had one single successful WILD in my life WITHOUT sleep paralysis prior to entering the dream. All the other ones were after SP.

What I find fascinating is how the image of the bedroom becomes more vivid, and finally “alive”. It’s the transition that’s amazing.

I know I’m not in SP because I can move whenever I choose to. Even when I’m deep into transition I can still move if I want to… Or that actually is SP and I can brake it whenever I want to despite the fact I’m in one. Maybe I don’t have a “problem” how some people do when it comes to braking the SP… Well who know… :content:

When I do transition like when I feel this energy buildup I would imagine myself roll over and be in a dream bed for example but that happens in this steps:

1. I feel energy buildup
  2. I imagine myself rolling over and finding myself in a dream bed
  3. blackness - now this is a specific part where I don’t know whether I lose consciousness or I enter this so called “void” state between wakefulness and dreams. But the thing is this doesn’t last, it’s a something that happens in a time of a split second and then it comes step:
  4. I would find myself in a dream. Lucid and vivid one. Always lucid but not always vivid. And most of the times I wouldn’t be in my dream bed or bedroom.

But I still imagine myself finding in dream bed, which helps me to make a transition. When I imagine myself flowing up I would imagine usually myself above my house, passing through the ceiling and finally looking at my house and yard from above…

Great technique, I’m definitely going to be trying it out.

I love these techniques together. Ive been thinking about incorporating more techniques throughout the day and night.
I am curious about one thing. How do you know if your going to have a LD or astral project? This sounds exactly what happen to me when I had a OOB experience. I know they are both very similar.

Thanks for this post Jakobism, I tried it last night, definitely something happened, but not sure what exactly, see my post. :smile:

Thanks for this idea//method. I tried it last night was about 85% there :wiske: It seems to work and im a newbie.