How long are your lucid dreams?

This is coming from someone who doesn’t have regular lucid dreams, so apologies if anything sounds dumb!

So, in lucid dreams, how long do they last for you? Since there is a wide range of possible answers, I’ll let you give me more than one. So, how long do:

WILD lucid dreams last for (this doesn’t have to be exactly the WILD technique, it could be FILD too. Basically, any LD induction method where you go straight from reality to the dream world).

RCILD lucid dreams last for (or any other way where you become lucid during the dream, not requiring you to wake up in the middle of the night and do WILD).

High/low lucidity dreams last for.

Thanks if any of you can help me and answer my questions! Of course, the time might be different in your dream, but how long does it FEEL like? I’ve heard varying answers from LDers here. Some say it lasts for a few minutes, but some say it lasts longer. It’s just that people always talk about flying and doing all this cool stuff, but wouldn’t each one of these activities take more than 5 minutes?

From my own experience induction techniques most of the times do not affect quality of the dream(time spent in dream, vividness, lucidity, stability and so on). Although the practice of techniques or to better say the process of learning different techniques does effect the outcome. For this you can read this topic which I started just because of my believe that I stated above. The topic!

So that said you stumble upon the problem of problems and that is perception in dreams. You are concerned with perception of time and that one is a son of a b****. Because you’ll learn that in a dream no matter how you were prepared and no matter how you were motivated just simply doesn’t have to be an insurance that you will have long dreams. On the another hand when you will expected the least you will have a dream that will simply rewrite your believes about dreams and dream perception.

I’ve had really long(at least to me) and really short dreams but they had mixed effect on me meaning that long dream doesn’t have to be significant more then a short dream because in short period of time could happen more then in a longer period of time if you know what I mean.

So going for long dreams isn’t that important at least not at the beginning of your journey. With time yes, you’ll have longer dreams simply because of your capabilities of keeping the dream stable but it will surprise you from time to time and I believe it’s going to be a nice surprise.

Good luck! :content: