Lucidity Challenge 45 - Winner - Thorn!

Last night I had a medium length LD. I flew across a valley, and attempted to find some armor to wear on the other side, but I only ended up finding a key in a box. No tasks completed.

@Scipio - When I saw the word ‘anthropomorphized’ I thought it wouldn’t count - as I said in chat, no lizardmen or werewolves unless they are fully ‘wolf’. After googling it though, looks like a horse to me. A yellow and pink cartoon horse, but yeah, a horse. :tongue:

@Rhewin - Big point dump, nice. The confront a monster task was a team dream, so I haven’t added anything for fighting an Alien, as they chose to fight a dragon as their fantasy monster, but all the rest sounds good. Grats on taking the lead!

Scores are updated. New Task will be posted around 4pm GMT, which is around 6 hours time.

A few days ago in my dream, the abandoned warehouse I was exploring ended up being private property, and I had to run from some people who were angry at me for being there. (trespassing)

Today I dreamed about being in a play. (Storytelling, or at least general performance, I think.)

Grats stari_maga. That puts you in 4th place and another 2 task completions for the adventure team.

As it stands, the puzzle team have the most task completions per member. Scipio took a gamble by choosing the puzzle team, but it could be about to pay off! The team with the most will get a bonus task, so be sure to post any other tasks you have completed before 4pm GMT. :smile:

Scores are updated

The puzzle team wins this week and gets an extra sub-task.

Action 3 tasks / 5 members = 0.6 completions per member
Adventure 8 tasks / 5 members = 1.6 completions per member
Puzzle 2 tasks / 1 member = 2 completions per member
Current Standings

1. Rhewin (170)
  2. drd (150)
  3. Scipio Xaos (140)
  4. Stari_maga, Thorn (50)
  5. Hodge_Podge, Letaali (40)
  6. Mew151 (30)
  7. James_uk2008 (20)
  8. squoak, Loah (0)

Task 2 - Intergalactic

Do you ever stare at the night sky and wonder what’s up there? If you’ve had your fill of swords and sorcery, it’s time to get off this floating rock we call home and explore the universe…

Stargazing - Look up and see the stars at night. 20 points.
Ride an alien beast or ground vehicle. - Landspeeders, Tauntauns, anything from your choice of sci-fi films or shows as long as it’s out of this world. I’ll accept standard Earthly modes of transport e.g. cars, trucks, horses etc ONLY if you are not on planet Earth while riding in/on them. 30 points.

Use an alien or futuristic weapon. Lazer guns. Lightsabers. Pew Pew! 30 points.
Capture a living alien. Bounty Hunter time! Like Boba Fett said, “He’s no good to me dead.” Knock out or restrain an alien to claim your bounty. 40 points.

Talk to a robot or artificial intelligence. “BAH WEEP GRA NA WEEP NINNY BONG!” Yes, intelligent assistance programs like Siri/Google Now count. 30 points.
Travel in a spaceship. Basically being on a spaceship while it’s in space and moving, not on the ground. Maximum warp… Engage! 40 points.

Build or repair a piece of space-tech. Anything suitably futuristic from a sci-fi show or equivalent will count as ‘space-tech’ here. 30 points.
Use a teleportation device. Beam me up, Scotty! 40 points.

Team Advantage Task - Get a cybernetic enhancement. It’s time for an upgrade. E.g. robotic hand, arm, leg, eye, or for the really adventurous maybe a full body replacement. 40 points.

LC Host Task - Take part in a race against the LC Host. Yeah if you hadn’t guessed from my forum pic, I like motorcycles, cars and going fast… So let’s race! Yes this is a perfect combo for the ‘Ride an alien beast or vehicle’ task. 40 points

Dream long and prosper!

In the second dream here, I stole somebody’s Twitter account. I’m not sure if bypassing password protection counts as the trespassing component necessary for a larceny charge, so I understand if this isn’t worth anything. I also had this happen in-dream about a half-hour after you posted Task 2 even though the latest Task when I fell asleep was Task 1, so I understand if it doesn’t get early points; I guess I’ll need to shift my sleep schedule to a half-hour earlier.

Also, you put up a race task in the Task right after I remove my speedier avatar for my personal goal? I say I was set up! :razz:

Questioned whether I was dreaming in a ND last night. Did not become lucid.

Had an LD this morning which was a short one at 1-2 minutes long. As per the LC task, I tried to summon a Xenomorph to capture it alive but I accidentally left my WL work alarm on which forced me out of it. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Short lucid this morning and, unlike James, I did a task. :tongue: I realized that the dream was fading and wasn’t stable. I made my blood boil and shredded the closest tree to small pieces. After that I ran into a bar, jumped through a colorful window in my search for a portal but I woke up.

I was also in a game world riding a kart that is not from this world. In the game I went through door that was a teleportation device. The Kart might not count but the device counts, right?

Thorn - I’ve put that task down for last week with ‘Early’. :content:

It didn’t affect the team advantage anyway, but I’m stating here for the record that anything posted after I announce the tasks will not be used to adjust the team advantage calculation… It seems mean to announce an extra task then take it away.

James while reading your LD entry I spotted you did a cheeky meerkat transformation last night while not lucid… I’ve added points for the turn into an animal task.

Letaali - Was the racing game a realistic Earth setting or was it a fantasy game world e.g. Mario Land? You stated the kart was ‘out of this world’ so I’ve added the points - which puts you in the lead! Congratulations. :smile:

Definitely a fantasy setting. It was inside a large building with several levels and there were many shortcuts and teleporters. The architecture was alien with impossible geometry. Mario kart came to mind but it was very different. I can barely recall my vehicle. It looked like a rocket, levitating a bit above the track with similar thingies from MK8. All the characters I was racing against were aliens.

Hello world!

I had ND last night with possible points!

I dreamt I was in a factory working. A worker was walking around with a lot of jewelry on (rings, chains, watch, etc.). We get into a fight a couple of times. A group of 2 guys come over to me and give me some pointers on fighting him. I didn’t use there advice. I put the worker with the jewelry on into a sleeper hold. After a while he handed me his chain (gold with large pink diamonds), and his rings (one ring had the scene of the last supper on it). I went over to speak to my sister. I asked her was that larceny? She gave me an answer like “It could be”. That’s all I recall.

“Jacking” someone for there “bling” = task points?

I had a medium length LD last night. I looked at the night sky, and saw the stars. I saw stars in the shape of an owl. There were clouds connecting the dots together so I could see it better, and the sky was purple. I also heard a soothing song.

To keep up with my streak I have done yet another task in an NLD! :happy: Hopefully I’ll have the lucids tonight! :grin:

Zombie Game Part I - Non-Lucid Dream - Task II Part 8 EARLY

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Lucid Moments: 2
Non-Lucids: 2
Short LDs: 0
Medium LDs: 0
Long LDs: 1

Task I:-E WIZARD | DRUID
Task 2:-E Teleported using a (magical) device.
[/spoiler]

I used a teleporter and non-lucidly questioned my dreaming state again in a dream from last night.

I trapped a living alien. I was in a lab of some sort and the alien turned into a purple and green liquid. It tried to escape but I managed to trap it in paper towel.

Busy night! :happy: Think I got all that… here’s the score sheet, please check I haven’t missed anything.

Here is a medium-length LD with no other points.

Grats on another lucid dream, Thorn. I’ve updated the scores.