What do dream characters look like?

Hi all,

I’m a new dreamer and am yet ot experience my first lucid. I just wanted to probe the community for some answers regarding what the experience is like. I hear its as real as real life, all the senses are engaged and that sounds wonderful.

So my first real curiosity, is concerned with the reality itself. When I close my eyes to imagine something or someone, the image is incomplete, fuzzy.

So, I wonder, how to dream characters look in real life. For example, if I was to see someone I know. Would they look real? Complete? If so I find this incredible that our subconscious mind can form a complete image of a person, sights sounds smells touch and all.

I’m very interested to hear your experiences?

:smile:

Hello DreamerDad,

Welcome on LD4all! :welcome:
DCs can like very real.
Yes you can see everyone you want to see.
If you LD is very vivid I think that it is very real but when you LD is not vivid I think that the person also is less vivid but I am not sure.

From personal experience, DCs can look ‘perfect’ - exact copies of people you know in real life. Sometimes I’ll see people I know but with different colour hair, hair length or other subtle changes.

I’ve also met realistic younger versions of real people, notably parents and long time close friends, constructed from memories of them. As in, I could find a photo of someone from ten years ago and have them appear identical to that in a dream.

DCs don’t always behave like their real life counterparts though. :smile:

it depends on how experienced u are, if you can remember your dreams almost perfectly… the dreams will look more vivid and more clear then the people in dreams will look exactly like in real life, but sometimes when u look away they can be a bit different…

I had my first lucid dream today and surprisingly, for a first time lucid, I was in a deep ‘layer’ of lucidity, if you believe in that terminology.

I saw a boy who is in my class, and his face was exactly the same as in real life. I also didn’t summon him, he just appeared normally, which means it was my subconscious which remembered what he looked like. So yeah, I guess if you’re in a really lucid lucid dream, your DCs should be pretty ‘real’.

I rarely see real life people in my dreams, but it’s probably because I also rarely find myself on Earth proper. The few times I do see real people tend to be when someone asks me to summon them in my LD’s to see what their DC does. Lol XD