Lucidity Challenge 47 - Winner Rhewin

I had a spectacular rage dream last night. It contained some quite personal things, so I don’t feel like posting everything in full detail.

After we had been stuck in an airport for several hours without food or anything, we narrowly missed our plane. I got ANGRY and developed my dark powerful ragedream voice. After yelling at somebody, my voice got even more powerful, and I directed a scream towards the sky. The force of my voice made the plane crash directly after taking off. Large parts of the airport was ruined in the following explosion.

In the second part, I used a magical song to summon a raging storm. The resulting flash flood crushed a building. (In case the plane didn’t count as a powerful weapon)

Here is a dream journal entry with some LC stuff inside. The second dream has me learn something from Wyvern’s Cockatrice character, who surprisingly fits the LC’s definition of a spirit animal, and has me driving around the final town from Mother 3, which is an RPG town and is in the distant future (as on my bingo board). The third dream has me communicate with a dog telepathically (as on my bingo board) and has me save a DC in distress by disabling a trap.

Well here’s some tasks and a lucid! A large amount of tasks, too. It’s like my brain knew I had to catch up given two days no recall. :razz:

Games with LD4Allers Part I - Non-Lucid Dream - ET: D3 & C5
Games with LD4Allers Part II - Short Lucid Dream - Task III Parts 11 and 12 & ET: U2

Stats so Far:

[spoiler][b]NLDs: 5[/b]
[b]Short LDs: 3[/b]
[b]Medium LDs: 0[/b]
[b]Long LDs: 0[/b]

Task 1:-E U̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ Breathed fire. | Grew a plant and summoned rain.
Task 2:-E Briefly visited an RPG town. | Traded with a DC.
Task 3:-E Observed birds in flight. | Grass Team MEGA & ULTRA
Extended Task: C2 & L3 | I3 | I5 | U2[url=https://community.ld4all.com/t/lucidity-challenge-47-awards-ceremony/39989/164], D3, & C5[/url]
[/spoiler]
Fixed a typo with point claims. I was supposed to claim the bingo square for the powerful weapon… not explosions again. :tongue:

It didn’t undo my penalty, they’re still one behind where they would be :razz:. Also, I think I got pts for doing the Quest instead of my personal goal.

Anywho, from this morning.

Long LD in which I was in Gotham city. The power was out and Batman was missing, though Superman was patrolling to help keep some order. I remembered the challenge so at one point I fought a pack of wild dogs that were roaming the streets. I also bought weapons and a set of bat armor (minus the mask) from a store. And before anyone says anything, an RPG doesn’t have to be in a fantasy setting, and this definitely fit the description of what an RPG store normally carries. Finally, I fought off one of Joker’s henchmen with a batarang made of fire… so, for the fourth time, elemental weapon XD.

In an ND I saw a cat (or maybe a fox, it didn’t have a constant look to it) die, but then its spirit stayed with me for a while after.

Last night I had 6-10 DEILDs for a combined medium length.

Wyvern: Nice! The reason why you couldn’t find me is because I obviously live in ponyville!

Siiw: :sad: Sorry you had a rage dream. But, on the bright side, you got LC stuff done, right? :wink:

Thorn: Augh! You’re so close to multiple lines cleared in the bingo sheet! Anyway, nice spirit animal! :razz:

Scipio Xaos: Sweeeet! Congrats on the LD and the task completions! Although explosions are cool and all, you don’t get extra bingo points for claiming a task twice. :wink: :tongue: For now, you have completely subdued the usually dominating Water Team!

Rhewin: Yeah… I accidentally gave Quest points instead of goal points. I swore this happened before… and then I realized that there was actually a glitch in the interface I was using to add points. So it wasn’t my fault! Even if I coded the interface! :razz:

drd: Woah, those DEILD levels are rivaling OmkAR there. Added. :tongue:

Scores updated

Must one pick one team to get in on this? I WILDed earlier into a dreamscape with thousands of candles floating on a still moonlit lake, like a starry sky. The balance of fire and water was centering.

Mew151: Oops! I meant to claim C5 not I5. The laser was a powerful weapon, I believe, since I was basicslly destroying the planet. :razz: I’ve made the edit in my original post and noted it here and there as well.

I bought a fortune cookie at a store in a ND last night. Hope this counts for the shop-subtask from last week :3

^Got it. Scores are updated.

Just a short LD. Nothing done.

A Micro Lucid - Short Lucid Dream

Stats so Far:

[spoiler][b]NLDs: 5[/b]
[b]Short LDs: 4[/b]
[b]Medium LDs: 0[/b]
[b]Long LDs: 0[/b]

Task 1:-E U̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ Breathed fire. | Grew a plant and summoned rain.
Task 2:-E Briefly visited an RPG town. | Traded with a DC.
Task 3:-E Observed birds in flight. | Grass Team MEGA & ULTRA
Extended Task: C2 & L3 | I3 | I5 | U2[url=https://community.ld4all.com/t/lucidity-challenge-47-awards-ceremony/39989/164], D3, & C5[/url]
[/spoiler]

The second dream here is a medium-length LD with no tasks done, and the third dream there has me wonder if I’m dreaming.

Two long LDs this morning. Oh, and Mew151, don’t worry about taking away those Quest pts :tongue:

In one I was following around Scooby-Doo and Mystery Inc… not entirely sure why, nor did they do much of anything. I saw a hole and remembered the monthly Quest. I jumped in only to get a face full of dirt. I woke up trying to get out of the hole.

The second LD was amazingly low lucid and I just sort of watched things happen, none of which sticks out in my mind as interesting.

But hey, I’m on a roll with my LDs this time :happy:

Dreamt a lot last night… but not much done relative to all the dream time. I feel almost cheap claiming long LDs here, but they were both really long. Likely because I may have slept in a little.

In a long LD, decided to visit one of my dream houses and… someone thought it’d be a great idea to fill the thing with violent muscovy ducks. I suppose it was a good thing though, because I fought a pack of wild animals.
There was a tree house attempt…thing… but we won’t get into that. I’ll try again. :razz:

In another long LD, I was in a forest and found a forest shrine. The weather decided to be winter so… the forest didn’t do a good job catching fire so I could put it out. The shrine didn’t have any problem lighting up though… >.> But I put that out, at least.

Scipio Xaos: Congrats on the micro LD! I still don’t know how you people can get LD’s while napping. :razz:

Thorn: Gah! So close to lucidity in that third dream. I hate when my thoughts get interrupted by something in the dream and cause me to fail to realize I’m dreaming! Congrats on the other LD though, I hope you enjoyed shredding on your rad skateboard!

Rhewin: Congrats on an actual Quest completion! :tongue:

Wyvern: What? You can’t just ignite snow?! :razz:

Scores are all updated

Had a LD, and at least 3 DEILDs afterwards for a combined long length. I completed the monthly quest, and the trading task. I’m not claiming my personal goal as I’m not satisfied with what happened, I want to see a visible beam.

I’m back…
-I managed to water bend and got a tour of the city/town in Saints Row IV (non-lucid and an hour or so before task 3)
-Exploring a forest, I found a Decepticon. He was restored and later aided Optimus against a new threat. (non lucid)
-2 short LD 's (close calls/nothing task related)
-3 long LD 's (2 via DEILD)
In the last long LD I fought a pack of wild animals, and set them and the forest a blaze with holy fire while lucid. Also had a near miss with the monthly quest…The hole wasn’t in the ground… .-.
Here

Incubated burning forests with Minecraft before going to bed. :tongue:

Alright… last night in a long LD, I travelled through a forest with some characters of mine. We came across a pool of water in middle of the forest where we encountered a large lizard that rose out of the water. It was Godzilla! Or something that resembled him, anyway. For the sake of the task, I figured he’d count as a spirit animal.
“Guys. Guys, I think the forest is gonna be in trouble. WE GOTTA STOP IT.” he said in a way that did not seem too wise… but he at least had some foreknowledge.
Fireballs then came raining from the sky that I may or may have not been responsible for… :razz: The fire didn’t have too much time to spread before sent a bunch of rain down on it, successfully putting it out.
Godzilla decided to join our party.

Later had a conversation with a dwarf. My perspective switched many times. I made some tea with some random purple berries I found growing in a shrub in the town. It tasted incredibly sweet, almost like the grape flavored Freezies, only more tart.

And the dream continued on… some stuff about the LC, some Bowser stuff where I happened to put out a second forest fire (forests lighting themselves on fire are now gonna be a thing in my dream world, aren’t they…), and some stuff with an old coworker.

Wait for me! I have dreams to dump!
/me during a busy week.

Basically, I only had time for dreams today. :peek:

SPOILER - Click to view

Tuesday: 1 I RCed and spoiled the dream +
1 Medium LD.
Thursday: 1 Short LD and 1 Long LD.
I got in a long quest searching the mysterious multiple path forest in the search for the hidden shrine. (ignoring the split HLD sequence)
Friday: 1 Medium LD.
I made everything on fire, including another forest just to extinguish the fires again. I had more success this time, but extinguishing the fire made everything dark.

DETAILS

Alright, guys, I got all of that. Except for your stuff, Tggtt. I think you’re too late. :tongue: Anyway, new task day! Woooo! But before we do all that stuff, let’s get some scorekeeping and story stuff out of the way:

Here are the average number of subtasks completed by each team:
Fire team: 11 subtasks - 4 subtask penalty / 6 members = 1.167 subtasks/member
Water team: 8 subtasks - 4 subtask penalty / 3 members = 1.333 subtasks/member
Grass team: 7 subtasks - 4 subtask penalty / 6 members = 0.500 subtasks/member

The Water Team wins the advantage this week, and this time instead of a bonus, they get a Team Advantage Subtask! Crazy! If your team didn’t win this week, just make sure to try harder this week! You can do this! Anyway, here are the current standings for all you people who don’t want to view the scoreboard or want to be official or something:

1. Wyvern (1,450)
  2. Rhewin (1,235)
  3. Tggtt (1,005)
  4. obfusc8 (815)
  5. Koharo (810)
  6. drd (475)
  7. Thorn (400)
  8. Dragoon (365)
  9. Scipio Xaos (310)
  10. prose42 (200)
  11. Siiw (175)
  12. eMander (155)
  13. Eilatan (140)
  14. james_uk2008 (120)
  15. Letaali (70)

And… I have not done any better this week… :sad:

• Mew151 (-50)

And with that out of the way, stay tuned for Task 4, coming in a bit! Until then, have some story:

[i]You step into the forest outside of town, your pack jingling with all kinds of items and trinkets you picked up at the store. What did those guys at the inn say? “Just beyond the forest lies the path to elemental mastery…?” What does that even mean? You head down a dirt path for a while, but eventually the path fades into grass. You continue going in the same general direction it was headed. After a while you find a big moss-covered rock to sit on to rest your feet. You look around the forest and spot a small forest temple in front of you. You look at it serenely when you hear a stick break behind you. You spin around instinctively… and find the strange man from earlier!

“Still jumpy as usual, eh traveler?” he says to you. You look at him in a strange combination of anger and disbelief. He gives you that strange odd smile he gave you before. “You know, many adventurers have gone this way before, but none have ever returned,” he says to you. You dully nod. “But I think you, traveler, shall surely find the way… Something shall lead you…” he says. He runs off into the forest and leaves you alone… for now.

You turn back to where you were to see a glowing, ethereal Mew floating before you! It giggles at you and begins to fly away. You jump up and sprint after it, barely able to keep up with it. It flies into a pond in the middle of the forest… much deeper than it looks. You dive in after it, and swim around. When you swim to the surface, you find yourself in a different environment. A large temple stands before you. You jump out of the pond and begin to explore it…[/i]