Lucidity Challenge 47 - Winner Rhewin

Welp, I guess my post will have to be what’s below, even though it’s actually a new page…? The collab document said:

[color=#43D0A3]Being able to move like an insect isn’t really its own mechanic, but it’s understood to be part of the scale mechanic. Dreamers would have incredibly high leaps, high strength, and be able to fall far harmlessly… relative to their size, of course; they’re actually weaklings that could have their dream lives snuffed out pretty easily.[/color]

We also noted that at such a small scale, one could probably just run across water effortlessly if one didn’t stop moving; I don’t think Mew’s counting that part for anything, which is a shame because it’s a really neat concept. Physics are amazing!

===

In a medium-length LD last night, posted here, I encountered an evil witch who enjoyed growing and eating the innocent. I did two bingo tasks by giving her a taste of her own medicine: I used a giant-sized bite with powerful teeth (which I am claiming as a weapon given its practicality for the situation) to eat a giant object—namely, her head. The giant object eating completes column D on my bingo board.

Had a ton of dreams this morning but I was drawing a blank remembering very simple subtasks… >.<
In any case, points were still obtained.

LD #2831 : First part of the dream had to do with Bambi and his mother getting shot and then Bambi himself getting brutally murdered. There was a FA where this was repeated. Some stuff about ponies and chocolate. I ate a lot of chocolate.
I went to some store where I both cloned myself many, many times… though this appeared to age me with every clone. I also inverted gravity, causing a huge mess.
I spent the rest of the dream trying to remember the subtasks again, eating chocolate, and talking to a little boy.

LD #2833 (medium)The dream before and after this were me trying to rack my brain for the damn subtasks which I normally don’t have a problem remembering. So much wasted dream time… That’s not to say I didn’t do anything, but I could have been more productive. #firstworldproblemsLDedition
Anyway, I did turn into a dragon which happens to be the polymorphing subtask.

LD #2835 (medium) I was at my grandparents’ house. Ate more food and talked briefly with dream Nana. Beside the pantry in the kitchen was a hidden door that looked like a wall. It opened to reveal a secret room with blue LED lights all around… and that’s about it.
Later in the dream I went up to a lake and remembered to drink my crab potion which didn’t actually turn me into a crab but a seal instead. I was with some other seals and they all jumped into the water and got brutally murdered by huge sharks. All but one. That one said I could come in the water now and the sharks were done. Went swimming and saw what looked like the water dungeon in the distance (waterfall and snowy area), but woke up.

Siiw: Congrats on the LD! :happy: Cool effect from the potion, although you already got points for making plants grow with your mind.

obfusc8: Nice. I really liked the part with the lion. With all that lucidity that you’ve been getting, are you sure you’re the one who’s caged, though?

Tggtt: Hello! :tongue: Everything’s been counted. Also, you can get points for each Quest that occurs during the LC, so if you actually completed the monthly Quest, you’d get points! :wink:

Thorn: Neat! Congrats on finally getting a Bingo! :razz:

Wyvern: You are absolutely killing it with the Bingo board. :woo: The other subtasks don’t hurt either.

As for me, I got a very brief moment of lucidity! Woo! Finally I can get that free space filled in on my own bingo board. :tongue:

Scores are finally updated

Mew, I was hoping watching the flight of a formation of geese would qualify for the animal watching task? (From previous post.)

Anyway, last night was also a lucid night! Medium LD in which I completed my personal goal.

I’d like my new goal to be ‘Cast a baleful polymorph spell on someone!’ :ebil:

^Got it. Also got the geese, which I forgot to add in. Scores are updated

I had three short LDs this morning, posted here, the second of which was inadvertently brought on by a new technique—my first WILD. The third LD nearly had a DEILD, so I almost managed to claim new technique points twice in one day.

^Got all that. Congrats on your first WILD! How’s it like succeeding in what is definitely the objectively best lucid dreaming technique? :razz:

Scores are updated

In a normal dream, I explored a castle and rescued some cat-people from a dungeon… it must have seeped into my SC from last night’s RP game. :smile:

In a normal dream I explored a dungeon in a GW2-like game. I got a ring of ascended quality level. It allowed me to kill monsters that were otherwise unkillable due to a buff they had. The buff looked like blue ethereal shackles on the monsters. After I equipped the ring, one auto-attack was enough to break the shackles.

I had a medium-length LD this morning, posted here, in which I found a secret room. I believe I DEILDed into the LD, as I had several awakenings this morning and I have no memory of “becoming” lucid; is DEILD worth new technique points separately from WILD, or are they close enough to not count?

:sad: :sad: :sad:

A Lost Lucid - Long Lucid Dream

Stats so Far:

[spoiler][b]NLDs: 5[/b]
[b]Short LDs: 4[/b]
[b]Medium LDs: 0[/b]
[b]Long LDs: 1[/b]

Task 1:-E U̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ Breathed fire. | Grew a plant and summoned rain.
Task 2:-E Briefly visited an RPG town. | Traded with a DC.
Task 3:-E Observed birds in flight. | Grass Team MEGA & ULTRA
Extended Task: C2 & L3 | I3 | I5 | U2[url=https://community.ld4all.com/t/lucidity-challenge-47-awards-ceremony/39989/164], D3, & C5[/url]
[/spoiler]

Got all that.

Remember: You have around 12 more hours to design your team’s monster!

Had a medium LD this morning where I used a wand to shut up someone couldn’t understand sarcasm/was overly sensitive. :tongue:

^Got it! Also, I don’t know why I wrote 12 hours in that last post. It was supposed to be 24, but I got distracted by things! Still, everyone should really complete their monsters as soon as possible. I’m talking to you, water team! :tongue:

Last night I had a medium LD in which I explored NYC’s sewers (they’re pretty dungeon-y, right?) and achieved my personal goal of becoming a vampire.

For my new personal goal, I’d like to fly via firebending/Iron-Man-style.

I think I had enough of monthly quests :neutral:

SPOILER - Click to view

Tuesday: I had a short LD and I could eat wild berries.
Wednesday: Two LDs, a medium and a long LD.
DETAILS

[edit] Actually Wednesday and Thursday, my mistake. Doesn’t affect scoring.

prose42: Congrats on doing your personal goal! :woo:

Tggtt: No! Do ALL the Quests! :razz:

Scores are updated.

I got a nice 3,5h of sleep with some level of lucidity in every dream. It started with a FLD (still not sure if I should call it that). I RCed several times but could not become lucid for some reason, just like many times before. I blame chemicals in my brain not allowing me to “wake up” another part of my brain. Anyway, after waking up I got two short lucid dreams in one hour. In the first one I was in a game world and taught a large group of DCs how to lucid dream. I demonstrated this and fell asleep in the dream. As soon as the scene had changed, I noticed it and became lucid. That ended fairly fast though. I just wandered in some non-interesting location for a minute. In the second lucid I was in my room and saw people outside in the night. They looked shady and I wanted to finish my book with my door closed. Some force prevented me from closing the door and I became lucid. I levitated into the hallway to face what kept the door open. It was a female ghost that didn’t scare me. Suddenly my airways were full of puke and I was choking. I didn’t believe that and replied that I don’t need to breath. I didn’t focus on the dream and woke up.

Well… Not really much to claim except I think I did a bingo square. A little time travel even if it wasn’t of my own decision.

A Cruel Experiment - Non-Lucid Dream ~ ET: C1

Stats so Far:

[spoiler][b]NLDs: 6[/b]
[b]Short LDs: 4[/b]
[b]Medium LDs: 0[/b]
[b]Long LDs: 1[/b]

Task 1:-E U̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ Breathed fire. | Grew a plant and summoned rain.
Task 2:-E Briefly visited an RPG town. | Traded with a DC.
Task 3:-E Observed birds in flight. | Grass Team MEGA & ULTRA
Task 4: ~ none ~
Extended Task: C2 & L3 | I3 | I5 | U2[url=https://community.ld4all.com/t/lucidity-challenge-47-awards-ceremony/39989/164], D3, & C5[/url] | C1
[/spoiler]

Of these dreams, the first is an ND with the “control a flying vehicle” bingo task, the second is a medium-length LD with the “invert gravity” bingo task (EDIT: and maybe the “gagdet to accomplish something” bingo task if a teeny tiny plane sized for me is a gadget, since I nudged columns into place with it and stood on its underside to invert gravity?), and the third is my longest LD to date with the elemental weapon, waterbending, observing wildlife in its habitat, and absorbing water tasks and appropriate combo and lucid bonuses.

It’s probably not really wise for me to keep posting every day, as everybody ahead of me on the scoreboard has a propensity for dumping several hundred points at once. These people can just use my everyday posts to gauge what needs to be done in dreams. I’m wondering if I should stop typing my DJ entries and updating my LD count for the final week of the LC, as it would certainly stop giving me a disadvantage.