Lucidity Challenge 47 - Winner Rhewin

Mew, I was hoping watching the flight of a formation of geese would qualify for the animal watching task? (From previous post.)

Anyway, last night was also a lucid night! Medium LD in which I completed my personal goal.

I’d like my new goal to be ‘Cast a baleful polymorph spell on someone!’ :ebil:

^Got it. Also got the geese, which I forgot to add in. Scores are updated

I had three short LDs this morning, posted here, the second of which was inadvertently brought on by a new technique—my first WILD. The third LD nearly had a DEILD, so I almost managed to claim new technique points twice in one day.

^Got all that. Congrats on your first WILD! How’s it like succeeding in what is definitely the objectively best lucid dreaming technique? :razz:

Scores are updated

In a normal dream, I explored a castle and rescued some cat-people from a dungeon… it must have seeped into my SC from last night’s RP game. :smile:

In a normal dream I explored a dungeon in a GW2-like game. I got a ring of ascended quality level. It allowed me to kill monsters that were otherwise unkillable due to a buff they had. The buff looked like blue ethereal shackles on the monsters. After I equipped the ring, one auto-attack was enough to break the shackles.

I had a medium-length LD this morning, posted here, in which I found a secret room. I believe I DEILDed into the LD, as I had several awakenings this morning and I have no memory of “becoming” lucid; is DEILD worth new technique points separately from WILD, or are they close enough to not count?

:sad: :sad: :sad:

A Lost Lucid - Long Lucid Dream

Stats so Far:

[spoiler][b]NLDs: 5[/b]
[b]Short LDs: 4[/b]
[b]Medium LDs: 0[/b]
[b]Long LDs: 1[/b]

Task 1:-E U̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ Breathed fire. | Grew a plant and summoned rain.
Task 2:-E Briefly visited an RPG town. | Traded with a DC.
Task 3:-E Observed birds in flight. | Grass Team MEGA & ULTRA
Extended Task: C2 & L3 | I3 | I5 | U2[url=https://community.ld4all.com/t/lucidity-challenge-47-awards-ceremony/39989/164], D3, & C5[/url]
[/spoiler]

Got all that.

Remember: You have around 12 more hours to design your team’s monster!

Had a medium LD this morning where I used a wand to shut up someone couldn’t understand sarcasm/was overly sensitive. :tongue:

^Got it! Also, I don’t know why I wrote 12 hours in that last post. It was supposed to be 24, but I got distracted by things! Still, everyone should really complete their monsters as soon as possible. I’m talking to you, water team! :tongue:

Last night I had a medium LD in which I explored NYC’s sewers (they’re pretty dungeon-y, right?) and achieved my personal goal of becoming a vampire.

For my new personal goal, I’d like to fly via firebending/Iron-Man-style.

I think I had enough of monthly quests :neutral:

SPOILER - Click to view

Tuesday: I had a short LD and I could eat wild berries.
Wednesday: Two LDs, a medium and a long LD.
DETAILS

[edit] Actually Wednesday and Thursday, my mistake. Doesn’t affect scoring.

prose42: Congrats on doing your personal goal! :woo:

Tggtt: No! Do ALL the Quests! :razz:

Scores are updated.

I got a nice 3,5h of sleep with some level of lucidity in every dream. It started with a FLD (still not sure if I should call it that). I RCed several times but could not become lucid for some reason, just like many times before. I blame chemicals in my brain not allowing me to “wake up” another part of my brain. Anyway, after waking up I got two short lucid dreams in one hour. In the first one I was in a game world and taught a large group of DCs how to lucid dream. I demonstrated this and fell asleep in the dream. As soon as the scene had changed, I noticed it and became lucid. That ended fairly fast though. I just wandered in some non-interesting location for a minute. In the second lucid I was in my room and saw people outside in the night. They looked shady and I wanted to finish my book with my door closed. Some force prevented me from closing the door and I became lucid. I levitated into the hallway to face what kept the door open. It was a female ghost that didn’t scare me. Suddenly my airways were full of puke and I was choking. I didn’t believe that and replied that I don’t need to breath. I didn’t focus on the dream and woke up.

Well… Not really much to claim except I think I did a bingo square. A little time travel even if it wasn’t of my own decision.

A Cruel Experiment - Non-Lucid Dream ~ ET: C1

Stats so Far:

[spoiler][b]NLDs: 6[/b]
[b]Short LDs: 4[/b]
[b]Medium LDs: 0[/b]
[b]Long LDs: 1[/b]

Task 1:-E U̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ Breathed fire. | Grew a plant and summoned rain.
Task 2:-E Briefly visited an RPG town. | Traded with a DC.
Task 3:-E Observed birds in flight. | Grass Team MEGA & ULTRA
Task 4: ~ none ~
Extended Task: C2 & L3 | I3 | I5 | U2[url=https://community.ld4all.com/t/lucidity-challenge-47-awards-ceremony/39989/164], D3, & C5[/url] | C1
[/spoiler]

Of these dreams, the first is an ND with the “control a flying vehicle” bingo task, the second is a medium-length LD with the “invert gravity” bingo task (EDIT: and maybe the “gagdet to accomplish something” bingo task if a teeny tiny plane sized for me is a gadget, since I nudged columns into place with it and stood on its underside to invert gravity?), and the third is my longest LD to date with the elemental weapon, waterbending, observing wildlife in its habitat, and absorbing water tasks and appropriate combo and lucid bonuses.

It’s probably not really wise for me to keep posting every day, as everybody ahead of me on the scoreboard has a propensity for dumping several hundred points at once. These people can just use my everyday posts to gauge what needs to be done in dreams. I’m wondering if I should stop typing my DJ entries and updating my LD count for the final week of the LC, as it would certainly stop giving me a disadvantage.

[color=olive]
I managed three short lucids and one long.
-I discovered/explored a secret passage (Once while I wasn’t lucid and again while lucid, not sure whether or not I get to choose which to submit seeing that I was unable to post on that day and redid the task. I have the first attempt underlined.)
-Completed my personal goal

For my new goal, I’d like to do another campaign with Nemmy, the werewolf DC
here[/color]

I’ve done “Visit a location in the future” several times and “Communicate using telepathy” from the bingo sheet. Both done today even. I traveled further into the future than ever before by traveling past the end of the universe. I’ve also done “Meet a fictional character or celebrity” by meeting the cast of Charmed.

It’s the dawn of the final task! Woooo! But before we do all that stuff, let’s get some scorekeeping and story stuff out of the way:

Here are the average number of subtasks completed by each team:
Fire team: 7 subtasks / 6 members = 1.167 subtasks/member
Water team: 7 subtasks / 3 members = 2.333 subtasks/member
Grass team: 4 subtasks / 6 members = 0.667 subtasks/member

The Water Team wins the advantage this week (surprising, right?!) and they have been awarded the usual bonus points! Anyway, here are the current standings for all you people who don’t want to view the scoreboard or want to be official or something:

1. Wyvern (1,710)
  2. obfusc8 (1,310)
  3. Tggtt (1,295)
  4. Rhewin (1,235)
  5. Koharo, Thorn (1,070)
  6. drd (475)
  7. prose42 (415)
  8. Dragoon (365)
  9. Scipio Xaos (350)
  10. Siiw (285)
  11. Letaali (175)
  12. eMander (155)
  13. Eilatan (140)
  14. james_uk2008 (120)

And… I have a positive number of points this week. :woo: :razz:

• Mew151 (30)

And with that out of the way, stay tuned for Task 5, which is going to be slightly delayed! Until then, have some story:

[i]You enter the temple and find yourself in a large labyrinth. You travel around the maze, this first area curiously absent of any monsters. You come upon some stairs and decide to ascend to the next level. You hear a distant roar as you reach the second floor. As you scan around this new room, you see a barrel in the corner that is continuously making a thumping sound and moving around slightly, almost as if something’s trapped within it. You approach it cautiously and it bursts! You jump back, ready to attack whatever is in it… and find that strange old man from earlier!

“Aha, traveler! I knew you’d make it!” You wonder what he was doing in that barrel, but you’re not sure you want to know. “Your adventure is reaching its end, traveler. But that does not mean it’ll be getting any easier. Push on, and become an elemental master!” he says. His hamminess almost makes you laugh, but you try to take him more seriously. He flings his arm into the air, trying to be more dramatic, before running off into the maze. You follow him, as he seems to know his way around, but he pays no attention to you.

After ascending two more floors, and defeating only the occasional slime monster in the process, you find yourself on the penultimate floor of the dungeon… the last one contains whatever the secret to elemental mastery is. The man turns around and stares at you. “You managed to keep up with me, eh?”

He runs up to a wall and dusts it off… revealing a secret room somehow? He opens the newly appeared door and locks it behind him. You bang on the door with all your might, wondering what his motivation behind this all is. You begin kicking at the door. You see a burst of glowing light from the cracks through the door. You deliver one final mighty kick to the door before it flies off of its hinges… and instead of the old man in the room, you now see a Mew floating before you! You look around the room, but the strange man is gone. Your vision focuses on the Mew now. You both stare at each other for a moment before the Mew flies away in a panic. You try to catch up but it phases through the ceiling somehow.

You look upward to the ceiling before quickly exploring around the area for the stairs to the next level. The temple begins to quake violently, which only makes you want to find the stairs more. You finally find the stairs in the last unchecked room on the whole floor and ascend for what seems like eternity. After what feels like the longest spiral staircase ever, you find yourself in a small hall, almost like where a king would reside in a castle. Where a throne should be is a pink glowing sphere floating in the air. It makes a slight humming sound.

You approach the sphere and see what appears to be the sky reflecting off of it. You tap it with your finger, but it just phases right through it? You pull it out and feel a bit of resistance while doing so. You think it’s some kind of hologram? You try to step through it to prove your hypothesis… and get sucked in! The next thing you know, you’re falling through the sky, with the sound of wings flapping in the distance…[/i]