Lucidity Challenge 48 - Task 3 - VampireVolfGame

Short LD followed by a Medium WILD. In the second one, I lost lucidity for a little while then regained it.

I had the setup for the joust, but my stupid work alarm interrupted… so no tasks. :neutral:

oh, and sea-dove, the crossroads here are the only place ive heard of as a meeting place, never heard of the pyramid /=

Lucid dream - 1-2 minutes long (medium for me).

No tasks done. Getting from an encounter with some stoned nightclubbers to medieval castles, jousts etc. was a bit too far.

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 1&start=60

I’m trying, but nothings coming out of it.

Tried again yesterday for a day time WILD, again got close but again the phone rang so I lost it :grrr: (I was so very annoyed that the phone interrupted at a crucial point two times in a row).

Tried again this morning on first waking by holding thought “castle” (Im crap at visualisation so tend to usually just hold the word thought of where I want to end up).

I don’t think this will score me any points but I can now tell about my castle. There seems to have been a massacre in the castle, my subconsciousness started clearly speaking (I was being just lucid observer of its voice) and it told me in a quite unemotional kind of manner as like stating a fact warning “All the walls are covered in blood.”

That was slightly unsettling so I started questioning the scene I was heading into “shall I stop?” and by the time I decided to keep allowing my mind to drift into what seemed to be going to be a massacre nightmarish scene, I’d debated the situation too much and lost the starting to dream state.

So another miss for me unless lucid observer state of daydreaming of subconsciousness thought flows of castle observations, count for any points??
(note I didn’t see it, it wasn’t even a vivid daydream I watched, I just had was lucidly aware/heard my subconsciousness telling me about the castle).

I cant currently OBE either due to illness. Right now I’m not doing either but have had quite a bit of experience with both in past and of triggering these off (to trigger off an OBE I need to be doing energy raising and working with my chakras or I don’t get those, they spontaneously start happening for me if my energy is high).

I was into OBE many years before I got into LD. I like LD more, its more interesting for me (many of my OBEs have been boring as I used to tend to often end up in the plane closest to our physical reality, I don’t have the wacky LD characters and stuff in my OBEs)… (If we are going to discuss OBE, we probably should start a new thread for it and not do it in this one).

and no I wasn’t referring mistaking OBE for a LD (which can easily happen as one can dream of having a OBE. I try to not mix these two states as it causes confusion so I’m either at a point of time fully focused on either getting into one or the other, I don’t like crossover as you then cant trust your OBE and what you are seeing is true).

I was having real OBE experiences and not just dreams as I’ve been able to find out things I didn’t know before via them eg check something out while OBE and then wake oneself up and check out if what you see is in real life. My OBEs tally with real physical life things so are not dream experiences (they also at times feel different to LDs but don’t ask me to describe how as its so subtle. I once got myself into trouble with someone who accused me of spying on him due to what I found out during an OBE).

I’d been trying to do that for the past near week in multiple awakenings I get during the night (I get up to pee 2-3 times per night so was trying to LD each time I went back to bed) and it wasn’t working for me at all as being so exhausted and even more tired if I’ve awoken before I’m ready to do so, so I was just then falling into an extremely deep unaware “cant remember even dreams” at all sleep, hence why I kept myself awake for longer this time trying to avoid that happening again.

umm maybe though if I aim for 10 mins awake, I don’t think I will try though any more WBTB due to the issues it gives me, there are better on my health ways to do a WILD which don’t have me risking of having to go back onto addictive sleeping pills.

I always do my LD on my back as that helps trigger but right now even if I’ve just woke up for a moment in middle of the night and turn into that position, I’m not at all able to get back to sleep and will lay awake then for hours on my back. Going to sleep on my back is the one thing which really usually triggers off a LD for me so it sucks I cant get to sleep like that at all right now.

Anyway seems neither of those wake up in middle of night ways are “currently” going to work for me. Trying to LD when more refreshed eg in middle of day. I’m going to get there with that and will get some points on the scoreboard (I’d be surprised if I don’t even if its currently making me work hard for them!). My second best time other then middle of day of doing a WILD is right after a full sleep.

I think I’ve just remembered the name of that other astral projection meeting place. I think its called “astral pulse Island”

@Awe: the entire dream counts, not just the task-related stuff. In fact, you get 5 more points if you lost a regained your lucidity in the crossroads.

@sea-dove: instead of actually getting out of bed for WBTB, why not just wake up and go back to sleep right away? It helps me to do it that way since I tend to fall asleep slowly. For your second post, I can only really count it if it’s a dream.

@stari_maga: it definitely counts :content:

@Jer: congrats on the two LDs!

@Thorn: you’re right, I put in the wrong color and was in a hurry when I did the advantage. Also, if you find any more issues, please PM or nudge me on IRC instead of posting in the main topic.

@Oleg: the LC is still young, you’ve got plenty of time :cool:

Scores are updated

Team Participation Rate(now with real numbers!)

Science Team: 11% (1.1 tasks per member)
Magic Team: 3.75% (.375 tasks per member)

An ND task is still a task… but this is a first. I’m posting the claim for a dream… AFTER I’ve been awarded points. Timelords sure do work fast… :razz:

Other World Continuation ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ White Magic EARLY

Stats so Far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1
Short LDs: 2
Medium LDs: 0
Long LDs: 0

Task 1:-E White Magic
[/spoiler]

Got another lucid dream. I consider this one medium. I did a goal inspired by one of the forum topics. One task done. I also noticed that you didn’t give me points for the lucid dream I had yesterday.

Edit: I saw the monsters in great detail. I even let one chew my arm. That counts for the exploration task.

Link to the dream

Should I mention I forgot mentioning that one fleeting moment of lucidity in the journal? I think I should…

Also, no recall today. Bah. :I

I had a long length LD. I also kicked a DC in the groin. He fell over, and then I healed him with a healing ray.

The NDs here have some points in them. In the first ND, my wish for a washcloth gives a bathtub mat a cloth-like texture for the alchemy subtask—unintentional subtask completions are the best subtask completions. In the second ND, I study a creature in detail, heal myself with a magic spell, and summon a magical creature.

oouchhh. oouuch! what a kind of a groin kick that requires healing afterwards?

“Letaali, you saying you doubt anyone would
read your dreams, makes me want to read
your dreams.”
reverse psychology ftw!!!

rhew, medium ld is fair. considering all circumstances. i think i will mostly get more unclear events like that, unless my lding improves.

Oh no I miss the start of the Challenge!! Ok I go to bed, for SCIENCE! :happy:

It’s almost deadline time and the team advantage could still go either way. Post anything you may have missed! If you didn’t miss anything… power nap!

Scores are updated

[u]Team Participation Rate[/u]
Science Team: 11% (1.1 task per member)
Magic Team: 11% (1.1 tasks per member)

…Really guys? REALLY?!

[title]Task 2 - A Hybrid Future[/title]

Alright, is everyone quite finished? Oh, I see you’ve all taken to magic and science. That’s not quite what I expected. Oh my word. A tie. Well this is the worst… I mean, how did you even manage. Oh dear. This won’t end well.

The Story

[spoiler]Rhewin and teams assemble back in the throne room. The King, Lord Veahan, and Lord Szijak are waiting. Both Lords have smug looks on their faces, each looking as if he was sure his team had beaten the other. The King has no expression.

[color=indigo]“Rhewin,”[/color] he bellows, [color=indigo]“bring forward the winning team. To them I give my blessing, to their leader I give the honor of being my highest advisor. The future of my kingdom rests in their hands.”[/color]

Rhewin inches forward nervously wringing his hands.

[color=blue]“Yes, well, you see, I would like to do that, but you see, so many of them like magic and science, and then there was this whole thing about what healing a wound really meant, an-“[/color]

[color=indigo]“Silence!”[/color] the King’s voice echoes through the chamber. [color=indigo]“Are all Lords of Time this incompetent? Which team has won?”[/color]

[color=blue]“Ah, yes.” [/color]Rhewin clears his throat. [color=blue]“The teams have, uh, tied.”[/color]

The King’s eyes widen with rage.

[color=indigo]“WHAT?!”[/color]
[color=blue]
“Yes, well if you let me explain-“[/color]

[color=indigo]“When you came to me months ago convincing me that I should pick between magic and science, I thought that a Time Lord would know best! Instead, you’ve had my two most trusted advisors at each other’s throats for your little game, and for nothing! No more! I hereby declare magic and science to be equals once again! Clearly it is Time that is the enemy!" [/color]

[color=indigo]"My Lords, destroy the interlopers!”[/color]

[color=blue]“Run!”[/color]

Rhewin barely manages to avoid the first few blasts of magic and explosions of science and leads the teams back to the TARDIS.

As he closes the door, a flurry of bullets (much too advanced for their time) pound at the ship’s sides. Just before the TARDIS can take off, one last blast of magic sends it spinning through space and time.

Rhewin manages to get the TARDIS back under control and performs an emergency landing. However, not before a small explosion comes from the console, ending the landing with a hard thud.

[color=blue]“Oh dear,”[/color] Rhewin murmurs, [color=blue]“this will take some time to fix.”[/color]

The LC participants shuffle around, partly interested in what comes next, but mostly bored and ready to start the next task. Rhewin rounds on them.

[color=blue]“And you lot! What do you think you’re doing? A tie? I’ve never seen such an incredible bunch!” [/color]Rhewin sighs. [color=blue]“Well, we were going to go to Minstaria, the planet of the Universe’s Most Comfortable Couch for a relaxing week by the Fountains of Diamond, but according to the console, we’re somewhere in the year 2929. I suppose you want tasks, eh? I don’t know, go find someone who needs help, I’m busy.[/color]

Rhewin prints out a list of groups in the area that are advertising the need for new members, not really paying attention to what groups are actually looking. Rhewin didn’t notice that the TARDIS had picked up and happily printed more than one group that was a bit… dubious. Either way, the mix of magic and science in the world was obvious, no doubt thanks to the tie from almost 2000 years before.

The list reads:

[color=blue]“There, that should work, eh? And um… I don’t know, explore a bit. Try some future food or something while I work out the rest of this now-doomed LC. The TARDIS will provide you with a points break down and the Team Advantages. Which is basically an Everyone Advantage. Congratulations, you have nullified the advantage.”[/color][/spoiler]

You’re in the future now, and nothing much to do except explore around and find a new team. I’ll explain what to expect in these new teams further below since they’re less straight forward than before.

Yet again, none of these tasks actually have to be completed in the year 2929.

The Tasks
Eat food not found on Earth: It’s the future! They’ve gotta have some kind of crazy new dish out there. Eat something that isn’t real food in our world. It can be anything from an actual food product that doesn’t exist to a rubber tire to… well, whatever really. Let’s just hope it tastes well. [color=green]+10 pts[/color]

Speak to an alien: Again, pretty much whatever will work. I don’t care if they’re from another planet or another dimension. I don’t mind if you meet them on Earth. Pretty much the only thing I won’t count is a terrestrial alien (i.e. someone from another country). That would just be boring. [color=green]+15 pts[/color]

Visit a space ship/space station/space colony:
This one’s pretty cut and dry. I don’t care what type of ship or what part of the ship. It’s even fine if it’s a current shuttle or a theoretical space ship from the 1800s. If you have a hard time getting to space, try going to a colony on another planet instead. [color=green]+20 pts[/color]

The Teams
PM me your choice for one of the teams below. I won’t be as strict on the balance this time except to say that each team must have at least 4 members. Again, I may need to move you around, so feel free to give me a second choice as well. If there’s a team you absolutely do not want to be on, let me know also. [color=red]You have 48 hours to pick a team, but if everyone responds sooner, I’ll post the tasks sooner, giving you more time to do the tasks.[/color]

[ND]The Cyborg Team: Not quite man, not quite machine. You enhance your body with technology that can do all sorts of things. It could be an eye implant that gives you a HUD, or rocket feet, or a finger that turns into a toothbrush. The Cyborg Team will have tasks focused on technology in dreams as well as enhancing their own dream body.[/ND]

[HI]The Smuggler Team: Smugglers aren’t necessarily bad guys. They’re just willing to do whatever it takes to make their score. You have to be cunning, sneaky, and a tad bit ruthless. The Smuggler Team will focus on infiltration, possible theft, and beating the other two teams at all costs.[/HI]

[FA]The Space Knight Team: OK, ok. I’ll admit it. Space Knights are totally the Jedi of Dreams. You use your mystical dream powers, the last remnants of magic in this world, to alter the world, bend the wills of others, and, if needed, defend yourself using everyone’s favorite scifi weapon, the laser sword. The Space Knight Team will focus on using dream powers as well as duels with their friends and rivals.[/FA]
[size=150]
[color=red]Magic[/color] [color=blue]and [/color][color=green]Science[/color] [color=blue]Advantage Tasks[/color]
[/size]
Each former team gets to completely create their own task. The only catch is that the science team must do something related to science and use the keyword “crisis.” The Magic Team must do something related to magic and use the keyword “cage.”

This is another team task and can be completed either alone for [color=green]40 pts[/color] or with a partner for another [color=green]40 pts[/color]. In this particular task, since both teams have one, you can only do your team’s task.

I will PM you all a workspace you can use to discuss, but you don’t have to do it. You should get those PMs in the next hour.

Rhewin youre hilarious!! xD Munchkin would probably be too much boring for you lol.
when does the LC end?

had a WILD. not task related but it was amusing.
used a sleep yoga technique. when i reused it in the middle of the night i went into the in-between state, in this stage i usually feel as if someone is touching my body, long story short i came to understand it as another part of my higher self/subconscious, actually used it to power up my chakra since it seemed like a good idea at the time, eventually i do feel like theres another body on top of mine, it seemed as if his face was to my right, my eyes are closed but i can feel it. it was somewhat alarming but that gave me more reason to open my eyes and look at it.
turned my head to the right and opened my eyes and i saw my brother’s face. it all happened very abruptly, the moment i opened my eyes i was in the dream, it was the smoothest transition into the dream i ever had.
we were flying and as i opened my eyes and saw his face he let me go and broke course. i kept flying a bit and then automatically stopped in mid air, around 2-3 meter above the street. it was an “oh ho” moment, i just fell down on the ground, as if in a snap of finger my flight capabilities were gone xD
actually didnt hurt much or at all.
got up. heightened my lucidity a bit.
i saw a group of people coming around the corner of a building, one of the DC recognized me and walked towards me, he was pretty tall, and thats coming from a tall guy’s prospective. the apathetic way he talked was what made this DC so great ^^

as i saw him i turned around.
you know about that theory that as long as something is not in you line of sight in the dream, if you look back it’ll be gone?
i turned back expecting not to see him, but he was still there, standing, saying apathetically “i know you saw me -.-”
i turn around again, with my back to him, waited a moment, and turn around again to see if he still there … and yet again, he’s there standing, saying “i know you saw me -.-”

seems like that technique doesnt quite work, but i just think that it depends a lot on the amount of awareness you leave in the situation, if you stop putting youre awareness into the DC he should be gone.

anyway, so i figured maybe he can help me! realizing that i said “youre here so you can show me where the giant pie is!”
“sure” he said.

woke up.
didnt get to eat it /= wanted to do the monthly challenge

Unfortunately right now that isn’t working either.

I’m still trying to absorb how these challenges all work and forgot we can include ND dreams in them.

Nearly every dream I’ve had since this challenge started has had people hurt and bleeding in them or injured in some way (brain damaged, bleeding, holes in heads, injured hands and fingers etc etc). I’ve had 3 ND dreams of that sort in the past 24 hrs but unfortunately cause I aren’t aware in those, I don’t think to heal the person (the closest I got was a ND yesterday when I was running over to help my daughter who had fallen over in a playground and had bleeding hands but I woke up just before I got to her).

At least my ND recall is picking up a lot again since we started this challenge.

I thought dvd’s healing was quite creative.

haha that’s funny.

Yeah if you are still thinking of a DC it’s likely he will stay there if you aren’t looking at him. If you want him to change, try thinking of something else being there instead even if its just thinking “girl/woman”.

oh wow, I just lucked out again. I’ve done that within the past 20 hrs in a ND. It was in one of the more complex dreams I had last night or during my afternoon sleep today about 4-6 hrs ago. I didn’t write in my journal as though I could remember seeing and eating weird food which isn’t our food at all, I couldn’t describe it as the memory had been vague as I didn’t get good dream recall of the incident in when I went to write about it.

I wont try asking for points for it seeing I don’t know if I had that dream right before or after this challenge got posted.

Timezone FTW this morning!

Read tasks at 6am and went back to sleep, had a Long LD in which I lost and regained lucidity.

Firstly I ate a baseball cap.
Then flew up into space and smashed into a space-station, lost lucidity and then regained it… Teleported to a colony on Mars and then spoke with an alien.

Hat-trick? :cool:

First… wow obfusc8. I was trying to do something similar… unfortunately I forgot my incubation plans in the lucid I had and didn’t pull off nearly as many points as you… :razz:

Anyways… I visited a castle in an LD so points for me! :happy: And another LD by deduction. I hope this keeps up. :happy:

Nuclear Castle ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ Explore a Castle

Stats so Far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1
Short LDs: 2
Medium LDs: 1
Long LDs: 0

Task 1:-E White Magic | Explore a Castle
[/spoiler]