Lucidity Challenge 50—obfusc8 wins!

Eilatan, judging from your dream journal entry, I counted that as one short LD, as you realized you were dreaming for brief moments twice across one dream (albeit re-entered). It’s worth more than you thought!

Susan_Y, skateboards are actually banned from the boardwalks near me, although bicycles are allowed despite being more obnoxious. Even if they weren’t banned, I wouldn’t call it a beach or water sport.

obfusc8, anybody drunk bothers me. :confused: I love LDing and am fascinated by things such as tDCS kits, but deliberately inhibiting your mental faculties is simply stupid to me. Also, getting bitten by tarantulas seems like such a fall from awesomeness after taking down a tarrasque (remind me to continue pestering you, Letaali, and Scipio about a d20 game as soon as you all stop having opposite free time). That said, I guess I can’t be that way in every dream. :tongue:

Jer, I certainly hope you’ll get an LD!

The scores are updated.

In a normal dream from this morning, I wandered around a city and a sewer as my character.

^ You have more character points than anybody else so far. I’ll let you decide what that means to you. :smile:

The scores are updated.

Well, I was having some difficulty sleeping, and pulled off lucidity… Unfortunately it only lasted about 20 seconds…

This odd dream in which I attempt to make my escape fails miserably due to a certain someone’s disagreement in allowing me to do so.

I had hints of taking my form through the way I was behaving, but I did not feel nor consciously recognize I was that form… (double jumping, wall jumping, pushing objects around to climb ontop of them. Not my normal dream behaviors.)

Two LDs last night: Medium LD in which I completed my personal goal. Followed by a short LD with no tasks. (Didn’t have a body and found that kinda disorientating. :tongue: )

EDIT: New goal… my character (from the original tabletop RP) has a unique magical dagger that I want to be able to summon. Not just any dagger, it has to be a particular one.

And Thorn, you’d rather pass electric current through your brain than have one beer? :wam: :shrug: Different strokes for different folks… :content:

I walked on a beach. There was a small fragment about looking for my character’s costume, but I didn’t become her.

Lumessence, do you want to claim that you were your character? I leave it up to you.

obfusc8, there’s a difference between one beer and hardly-acting-like-yourself drunk. In any case, congratulations on completing your personal goal and bringing those models to life and being tiny and everything else. I’ve noted your new personal goal for 25 points. Enjoy your 195-point lead!

Siiw, noted. From your attitude when choosing your team, I wasn’t expecting you to earn beach points!

The scores are updated.

Not this time.

I had a lucid but forgot LC By the time. darn it

Long LD in which I walked on the beach, flew over water, raced a zombie, played volleyball with another zombie, transformed into my character, and attempted a personal goal (but failed). I did the race and flying as my character.

Yanshuf, congrats on getting on the scoreboard!

En’enra, all of that puts you well into first place, so congratulations!

The scores are updated.

No points scored in last night’s non-lucid dream, I think, but some parts were annoying close to being tasks:

I wore a one-piece swimming costume; the dream location was vague (although possibly beach-like), so I won’t try to claim it for the “walk on a beach” subtask.

I watched a high school baseball or rounders game, which was fun. Location also vague, though possibly on a beach. (Over here in the UK, we don’t take baseball nearly as seriously as the Americans, so it’s the kind of game you might play on a beach). I don’t think this counts for points as (a) it wasn’t absolutely clear it was a beach sport; and (b) presumably participation in the sport is required.

:eek: En’enra got so many points! It’s gonna be hard to catch her now! I’ll figure something out, but will it be in time for the end of this leg? :tongue:

Minecraft Gemstones and Flight ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ Wander Around a Bustling City [C] & Fly Through a City [C]

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1
Short LDs: 2
Medium LDs: 2
Long LDs: 1
Lucid Moments: 1

Task 1:-C Become your Character & Drive a Motor Vehicle [C] | Wander Around a Bustling City [C] & Fly Through a City [C]
Task 2:-E Walk on a Beach | Fly over a Mountain
[/spoiler]

^ Remember that I’m taking the top two people as leg winners. You’re not far behind second place!

The scores are updated.

Last night I ate in a restaurant in a normal dream.

Followed with a short lucid dream in which I fly over the ocean.

Not quite enough points to steal this leg from En’enra… gotta try harder! :content:

Ahh. Weird dreams last night. In both dreams I wandered through cities. In the second dream I also walked in snow and then figure skated with Saruman. (Figure skating is an snow spot, right?)

Now I’ma go eat something warm, since I am freezing. :woah:

obfusc8, it may not reach first place in the leg, but I’m not differentiating between first and second place for legs; I’m taking the top two, saying they won, and then opening the next leg to everybody but previous leg winners. I’ll have six different leg winners all said and done, which means everybody has a chance. Of course, I’m not telling you to stop earning points!

Eilatan, I decided to count the figure skating as an ice arena-based sport. Admittedly, you did it outside as well, but I was really aiming to award points for two different types of sports by dividing the points as I did instead of one sport encompassing both. You’re free to swear at me if you like, though.

The scores are updated. A new week of tasks will be posted in just over 24 hours! Leg 1, which has been based on dream locations, will end at that time, with the top two scorers declared the leg winners. I’ll also see which team scored more Week 2 points and let that team design a task for Week 3 as a small reward.

Looking forward to it. :tongue:
Btw had a lucid, but I had low lucidity, after it , I re WILD’ed at least three times but the dream dropped me out always.
Lenght was about 5 minutes of the first dream.
The re enters was too short to mention

Please be aware the Monthly Quest has now changed. We are now up to Quest 103: July: Camp4All!. Remember, achieving the Quest while Lucid will get you 75 LC points.

Happy Camping!

Yanshuf, noted and scored. That moved you out of last place! That said, we’ve talked in chat about how your 5-minute dreams really shouldn’t be “short” when I ask you about them. I’m marking both of your dreams as medium-length for now, and I ask that you compare your LDs to your own average performance in the future, not what you think it should be.