Lucidity Challenge 50—obfusc8 wins!

Long LD in which I walked on the beach, flew over water, raced a zombie, played volleyball with another zombie, transformed into my character, and attempted a personal goal (but failed). I did the race and flying as my character.

Yanshuf, congrats on getting on the scoreboard!

En’enra, all of that puts you well into first place, so congratulations!

The scores are updated.

No points scored in last night’s non-lucid dream, I think, but some parts were annoying close to being tasks:

I wore a one-piece swimming costume; the dream location was vague (although possibly beach-like), so I won’t try to claim it for the “walk on a beach” subtask.

I watched a high school baseball or rounders game, which was fun. Location also vague, though possibly on a beach. (Over here in the UK, we don’t take baseball nearly as seriously as the Americans, so it’s the kind of game you might play on a beach). I don’t think this counts for points as (a) it wasn’t absolutely clear it was a beach sport; and (b) presumably participation in the sport is required.

:eek: En’enra got so many points! It’s gonna be hard to catch her now! I’ll figure something out, but will it be in time for the end of this leg? :tongue:

Minecraft Gemstones and Flight ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ Wander Around a Bustling City [C] & Fly Through a City [C]

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1
Short LDs: 2
Medium LDs: 2
Long LDs: 1
Lucid Moments: 1

Task 1:-C Become your Character & Drive a Motor Vehicle [C] | Wander Around a Bustling City [C] & Fly Through a City [C]
Task 2:-E Walk on a Beach | Fly over a Mountain
[/spoiler]

^ Remember that I’m taking the top two people as leg winners. You’re not far behind second place!

The scores are updated.

Last night I ate in a restaurant in a normal dream.

Followed with a short lucid dream in which I fly over the ocean.

Not quite enough points to steal this leg from En’enra… gotta try harder! :content:

Ahh. Weird dreams last night. In both dreams I wandered through cities. In the second dream I also walked in snow and then figure skated with Saruman. (Figure skating is an snow spot, right?)

Now I’ma go eat something warm, since I am freezing. :woah:

obfusc8, it may not reach first place in the leg, but I’m not differentiating between first and second place for legs; I’m taking the top two, saying they won, and then opening the next leg to everybody but previous leg winners. I’ll have six different leg winners all said and done, which means everybody has a chance. Of course, I’m not telling you to stop earning points!

Eilatan, I decided to count the figure skating as an ice arena-based sport. Admittedly, you did it outside as well, but I was really aiming to award points for two different types of sports by dividing the points as I did instead of one sport encompassing both. You’re free to swear at me if you like, though.

The scores are updated. A new week of tasks will be posted in just over 24 hours! Leg 1, which has been based on dream locations, will end at that time, with the top two scorers declared the leg winners. I’ll also see which team scored more Week 2 points and let that team design a task for Week 3 as a small reward.

Looking forward to it. :tongue:
Btw had a lucid, but I had low lucidity, after it , I re WILD’ed at least three times but the dream dropped me out always.
Lenght was about 5 minutes of the first dream.
The re enters was too short to mention

Please be aware the Monthly Quest has now changed. We are now up to Quest 103: July: Camp4All!. Remember, achieving the Quest while Lucid will get you 75 LC points.

Happy Camping!

Yanshuf, noted and scored. That moved you out of last place! That said, we’ve talked in chat about how your 5-minute dreams really shouldn’t be “short” when I ask you about them. I’m marking both of your dreams as medium-length for now, and I ask that you compare your LDs to your own average performance in the future, not what you think it should be.

Made a sand sculpture thing in a non-lucid dream from this morning.

I should have picked the theme that came more naturally to me. :tongue:

^ Why? Because it’s easier? LAME!

The scores are updated.

Okay, lots of information here! First off, the scores heading into Week 3.1. obfusc8 (685)

1. En’enra (620)
  2. Scipio Xaos (470)
  3. Siiw (240)
  4. Mew151 (210)
  5. Letaali (180)
  6. Eilatan (170)
  7. Coasty, Susan_Y (130)
  8. Jer (120)
  9. Zaibatsu (70)
  10. Lumessence, Yanshuf (60)
  11. Koharo, drd (40)
  12. James_UK2008 (30)
    obufsc8 and En’enra keep exchanging the lead, with Scipio making occasional leaps toward them. How exciting!

Second, let’s look at the leg results from the first two weeks. Leading the pack in task points for the first two weeks is En’enra, who earned 380 points from the tasks and bonuses, followed by obfusc8, who earned 375 points. These two are our winners of Leg 1, which was based on dream locations. They’ll be joined by the next four leg winners to make up one of the teams for the final week of tasks. Of course, this also means that they can’t be considered the winners of Legs 2 or 3, so four more people now get their shot at it! Dream hard, everybody!

Finally, this week’s team results. As we had an equal amount of people on each team, we didn’t need to average anything; the team with more points would necessarily have the higher average. The Sun team earned 450 points from Week 2’s tasks and bonuses, while the Snow team earned 235 points. This means that the Sun team will get to make a task for Week 3 as a small reward for its success!

Week 3’s tasks will go live in about 30 minutes!

Yet again, our stupid story that should probably be ignored continues.

[spoiler]As the group returns to Elcedia, Thorn is very vocal about everybody’s progress. “I’m really impressed that three people have earned their wings already. Heck, everybody’s scoring really well. I can’t wait to show you guys what we’re doing this week; I think you’ll enjoy it.”

Thorn guides everybody into what appears to be a normal family room in a normal house. Suddenly reverting to how he looked before the competition started, Thorn starts heading toward the television. “I know that one LC participant wasn’t a big fan of this look…”

You hear the usual participant interrupt. “I’m still not!”

“…but this would be a tight squeeze otherwise,” Thorn continues. “Best of luck to you tall participants. Follow me.” Thorn turns on the television, which seems to be tuned to an old cartoon, before suddenly stepping right into the image on the screen. The surprised participants look at each other for a second before squeezing through the television screen.

Upon squeezing through, you immediately notice that Thorn and the other participants have taken on a rather animated look. Thorn speaks up again. “So, the last leg of the LC was all about dream settings, but this leg of the LC will be all about dream physics. This week, we’re going to play around inside this cartoon! The more you do things only a cartoon character could do, the more points you’ll earn! In fact, you all seem to doing a very good job already, what with standing in midair like that!”

You look down slightly to realize Thorn had been standing on a cliff edge while the rest of the group was standing in midair near the cliff. The realization immediately sends you plummeting, while the winged LC participants about you flap furiously to stay aloft. One long fall and one crater shaped like you later, you ready yourself for a week of slapstick dreams and impossible physics and get to work.[/spoiler]
Week 3: An Animated Competition

This week, you’ll be aiming to do things associated with cartoons! Leg 2 will be all about dream physics, so prepare to do the impossible!

Pull something out of hammerspace: Hammerspace is the fictional space into which objects and characters can go that renders them invisible yet instantly accessible, so named for the staple of cartoon character abuse, the giant hammer. What will you find? 20 points* Pull out an actual giant hammer and whack a DC: 20 points[list][]Harmlessly flatten another LC participant or the host: 40 points
[/
:m][]Pull out a banana peel, then trip a DC or yourself with it: 20 points[/:m][]Store something in hammerspace in one dream and retrieve it from there in another: 30 points[/:m][/list:u]Get hit with something large: Getting whacked over the head by giant mallets is a staple of being a cartoon character. If mallets don’t suit you, try a piano. Or an anvil. Or a wrecking ball. Or a giant’s foot. Or a safe. Or an industrial-size piston. Or… 20 points* Get flattened/compressed but stay mobile and unharmed: 30 points
Inflate like a balloon: Cartoon characters are secretly elastic… well, at least when it’s not more comedic to see their skeletons. Remember, in cartoons, all air is helium! 30 points* Use something that will fill you with gas (e.g., a helium tank, Coke and Mentos): 20 points

• Expel gas with a belch or a fart to propel yourself 20 points
    Inflate another DC: Of course, rarely do cartoon characters inflate because it’s a fun mode of transportation. It’s almost always because he/she is the victim of some strange prank. You can combine this with inflating yourself and get all of the points at once. 30 points* Inflate another LC participant or the host: 40 points
    Walk off a precipice and onto air: Gravity only exists if you acknowledge it, so just don’t look down! Just keep moving… 30 points

Create a hole shaped like you by falling: …although when you do fall, you’ll leave quite the impression! 30 points

Eat spinach and grow muscle: The staple of the Popeye cartoon can help you “develop” your character, especially if you were too lazy to work out for Week 1’s task. 30 points

Have an “idea” lightbulb appear above your head: Get a bright idea! What you do with the lightbulb is up to you. 30 points

Enter a 2D image as if it were 3D: For example, step into a painting or television screen, or paint a tunnel onto a wall and charge through it. 40 points

Dream in an animated style: Most of the times, dreams look fairly realistic. That, or we may dream in a CGI-style if we’ve been playing certain video games or watching certain movies or TV shows. See if you can have a dream where things look like a cartoon! I as a TM will add one requirement to this: you must be a character in the dream and not a DO. Anybody can dream of watching a cartoon, but the idea is to get involved in it! 40 points

As always, best of luck to all of you!

I already claimed these points in IRC, but here they are for the thread’s sake now. :razz:

A Lost Lucid ~ Short Lucid Dream ~ Eat in a Nice Restaurant

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1
Short LDs: 3
Medium LDs: 2
Long LDs: 1
Lucid Moments: 1

Task 1:-C Become your Character & Drive a Motor Vehicle [C] | Wander Around a Bustling City [C] & Fly Through a City [C] | Eat in a Nice Restaurant
Task 2:-E Walk on a Beach | Fly over a Mountain
Task 3: ~ none ~
[/spoiler]

Lucid dream, medium duration (1-2 minutes).

Yay! My first lucid dream in this Lucidity Challenge. I’d like to claim points for having a lucid dream. I think it also counts as the “wander around a town” task. I’ve already done that task in a non-lucid dream, but here I’ve done it again while lucid, which I think gets me a “task while lucid” bonus.

I wasn’t transformed as my character.

Two short LDs but failed to complete any tasks. :meh: Not for lack of trying, but I did mis read/remember a task, which didn’t help. :sigh:

A really brief lucid moment. No more than a minute of just walking.

Had an LD here this morning which at around 2-3 minutes long makes it a short one for me.