Lucidity Challenge 51 - Winner: Thorn!

Lucid dream, about 4 minutes lucid (medium duration). No tasks done. I think.

Okay, here are some points. The ND has me checking out the details of an object and seeing a fictional character. The LD is a short one with no tasks accomplished.

Medium LD. I saw myself in a mirror, briefly talked with John Connor, met a futuristic character, asked her a question about the future, asked her to show me her possession.

The first night seems to have been a success!

Before I begin addressing individual people, I would like to announce that a score sheet has been made.. You can access it by clicking here. It’s kind of in its beginning stages, I may touch it up later to look a little prettier. If you think there are any problems with scoring, please let me know! This is my first time hosting so I’m bound to mess up here and there.

Obfusc8: Congrats! You got a substantial amount of points on the first night! I read over your DJ and decided that I’ll give you points for the “Pay attention to detail” task, for sure. However, I feel as if the “Ask a DC to show you something” task wasn’t completed to suffice what I had in mind. I only say this because, the DC didn’t really “show” you anything physical, instead he just extended his hand. Close but no cigar!

Susan_Y: I would allow a drawing of the extinct animal to count! For me personally, I think that would be even harder! Anyways, I noted your medium LD on the score board.

Thorn: Glad to see you’re having lucid’s again! I know how much dry spells of lucidity suck, so I will try my best to keep your dreams exciting and action packed! :content:

En’enra: Hooray! You’re in first place, as of the 1st night. Keep it up!

Short LD, but with bad recall. The only task I completed, as far as I remember, is looking into a mirror and seeing my own reflection. As for “a reflection that’s not you”, I later looked again and saw… Nothing. Not sure if that counts :razz:

Attempted my personal goal shortly after that but woke up instead.

So here I am! I’m a day late with this entry because I went to bed last night before claiming my points. :razz: Oh well. Still. First night of the LC and I did a task (albeit while not lucid) and had a lucid shortly after!

A Crafts Shop ~ Short Lucid Dream ~ Examine an object in great detail. EARLY

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NDs: 1
Short LDs: 1
Medium LDs: 0
Long LDs: 0

Task 1:-E Examine an object in great detail.
[/spoiler]

Another medium LD last night.

I saw a mythical creature (a Cyclops from Greek mythology) and… due to confusion over the subtasks asked him a question and got an answer. Ignore that. :tongue: Then I met a man from the future and asked to see his prized possession. He showed me a giant metallic-silver rocket/space ship and we went inside, but I lost the scene before we could go anywhere cool.

So…
-Medium LD
-See a mythical creature
-Ask a DC to show you something
-See a futuristic human.

Full dream here

Also, not sure if you missed it or didn’t count - climbing through the mirror in the dream from the other night to ‘see what’s on the other side’. If it didn’t count due to not doing something specific please elaborate so I know what to do next time. Cheers :smile:

Had a short DILD last night.

After flying around an airplane (unrelated to personal goal) and passing huge skyscrapers from as close as possible. That was fun! :happy:

I found myself in the bathroom becoming lucid and turned to the mirror. A task came to mind: “see what’s on the other side”. So this time I put my hands inside the mirror, as if it were fluid, and ‘opened’ it by pulling my hands outwards. The hole was just black. But upon closer examination, I could see abstract-like purple bubbles floating around. It felt kinda strange.

In the short LD posted here, I complete my personal goal. If it’s allowed, I’d like my new personal goal to be to fix what I was unable to manage in this dream: producing fire without just using a lighter or kindling. obfusc8 will hold it against me forever if I can’t manage this.

Current Scores.

Alright people, there are three more nights until week 1 is done! Dream hard everyone.

Obfusc8: Sorry about that! You now have the points that you deserve for “going through a mirror”. You’re also in first place now!

Thorn: Your points have been scored. Congrats on completing the personal goal within the first week! Your secondary goal has been noted, and on completion you will receive 25 points!

Nomat: Impressive activity! Keep it up!

Scipio: Yay, your points are scored.

Seems posting late is going to become the norm… I hope not… Once I get ahead of my classes I should be good and will HOPEFULLY get back on the LDing bandwagon. :razz:

Anyways, it would seem I did two tasks and almost forgot to claim a LOT of points. The title of the dream should make it fairly obvious which tasks they were. :tongue:

Blue Triceratops ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Irregular Color, Extinct Animal

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NDs: 2
Short LDs: 1

Task 1:-E Great Detail | Irregular Color, Extinct Animal
[/spoiler]

Had an LD here this morning which at five minutes long makes it a medium one for me.

Tasks done:

1. Paid attention to details of object (bottle of poison)
  2. Met a fictional character (Sylvester Hands from Knightmare)

Too bad my transformation into a Green Iguana near the end was missing the scales :cry: So close to perfect.

So I’m back before my previous dream is graded with another LD! I thought I had a task, but no dice! Next time!!! shakes fist :tongue:

¡Vengáte! ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

Short LDs: 2

[/spoiler]

I had another 2 short LDs last night, separated by wakefulness.
In the first one I dived inside a mirror (yes, my brain seems to like mirrors) which led to a FA.
In the second one I flew on a dragon, without realising that would complete the ‘mythical creature’ task. I don’t often dream about fictional or mythical characters, especially dragons, so I can consider myself lucky!

In this medium-length LD, I observe the detail on the buildings in my neighborhood and on my house itself.

ND about Harry Potter. Many fictional characters for sure, although I haven’t chosen them myself as the task suggests. Does that count?

Another LD! Still no tasks! :razz:

Miso-Rice Soup ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

Short LDs: 3

[/spoiler]

/me has recall

Also typing from a phone so excuse the lame formatting.

I had a dream which involved Springfield and the characters of the Simpsons. It also involved Evie and Rick from the Mummy, and I was also Brendan Fraser playing the role of Rick’s friend. O.o

Something Evie, Rick and myself had done triggered a portal to appear in Springfield. From the portal came two creatures that looked a bit like Roz from Monsters Inc. (Does this count for mythical creatures, since they were aliens?)

The dream then showed me a vision of the future, where futuristic Homer, Bart and Milhouse were just head+torso attached to little flying carts. I asked Homer what happened and he said the portal had been there for a century and had changed the place into what I saw now.

So I’d like to claim points for the following three and a half, if possible: Thanks!

How about animated dinosaur skeletons… they’re like extra-extinct, right? :content: I fought one in a lucid dream last night. I’ll understand if you want flesh and blood versions for the ‘See an extinct creature’ task though. Also, met Tony Stark aka Iron Man for the Fictional Character task. :cool:

Long LD with skeleton-dinosaurs and Tony Stark

In this morning’s ND, I saw both futuristic people (Star Wars-esque) and extinct animals (dinosaurs) while I was in the same plot.