Lucidity Challenge 51 - Winner: Thorn!

The first night seems to have been a success!

Before I begin addressing individual people, I would like to announce that a score sheet has been made.. You can access it by clicking here. It’s kind of in its beginning stages, I may touch it up later to look a little prettier. If you think there are any problems with scoring, please let me know! This is my first time hosting so I’m bound to mess up here and there.

Obfusc8: Congrats! You got a substantial amount of points on the first night! I read over your DJ and decided that I’ll give you points for the “Pay attention to detail” task, for sure. However, I feel as if the “Ask a DC to show you something” task wasn’t completed to suffice what I had in mind. I only say this because, the DC didn’t really “show” you anything physical, instead he just extended his hand. Close but no cigar!

Susan_Y: I would allow a drawing of the extinct animal to count! For me personally, I think that would be even harder! Anyways, I noted your medium LD on the score board.

Thorn: Glad to see you’re having lucid’s again! I know how much dry spells of lucidity suck, so I will try my best to keep your dreams exciting and action packed! :content:

En’enra: Hooray! You’re in first place, as of the 1st night. Keep it up!

Short LD, but with bad recall. The only task I completed, as far as I remember, is looking into a mirror and seeing my own reflection. As for “a reflection that’s not you”, I later looked again and saw… Nothing. Not sure if that counts :razz:

Attempted my personal goal shortly after that but woke up instead.

So here I am! I’m a day late with this entry because I went to bed last night before claiming my points. :razz: Oh well. Still. First night of the LC and I did a task (albeit while not lucid) and had a lucid shortly after!

A Crafts Shop ~ Short Lucid Dream ~ Examine an object in great detail. EARLY

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NDs: 1
Short LDs: 1
Medium LDs: 0
Long LDs: 0

Task 1:-E Examine an object in great detail.
[/spoiler]

Another medium LD last night.

I saw a mythical creature (a Cyclops from Greek mythology) and… due to confusion over the subtasks asked him a question and got an answer. Ignore that. :tongue: Then I met a man from the future and asked to see his prized possession. He showed me a giant metallic-silver rocket/space ship and we went inside, but I lost the scene before we could go anywhere cool.

So…
-Medium LD
-See a mythical creature
-Ask a DC to show you something
-See a futuristic human.

Full dream here

Also, not sure if you missed it or didn’t count - climbing through the mirror in the dream from the other night to ‘see what’s on the other side’. If it didn’t count due to not doing something specific please elaborate so I know what to do next time. Cheers :smile:

Had a short DILD last night.

After flying around an airplane (unrelated to personal goal) and passing huge skyscrapers from as close as possible. That was fun! :happy:

I found myself in the bathroom becoming lucid and turned to the mirror. A task came to mind: “see what’s on the other side”. So this time I put my hands inside the mirror, as if it were fluid, and ‘opened’ it by pulling my hands outwards. The hole was just black. But upon closer examination, I could see abstract-like purple bubbles floating around. It felt kinda strange.

In the short LD posted here, I complete my personal goal. If it’s allowed, I’d like my new personal goal to be to fix what I was unable to manage in this dream: producing fire without just using a lighter or kindling. obfusc8 will hold it against me forever if I can’t manage this.

Current Scores.

Alright people, there are three more nights until week 1 is done! Dream hard everyone.

Obfusc8: Sorry about that! You now have the points that you deserve for “going through a mirror”. You’re also in first place now!

Thorn: Your points have been scored. Congrats on completing the personal goal within the first week! Your secondary goal has been noted, and on completion you will receive 25 points!

Nomat: Impressive activity! Keep it up!

Scipio: Yay, your points are scored.

Seems posting late is going to become the norm… I hope not… Once I get ahead of my classes I should be good and will HOPEFULLY get back on the LDing bandwagon. :razz:

Anyways, it would seem I did two tasks and almost forgot to claim a LOT of points. The title of the dream should make it fairly obvious which tasks they were. :tongue:

Blue Triceratops ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Irregular Color, Extinct Animal

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NDs: 2
Short LDs: 1

Task 1:-E Great Detail | Irregular Color, Extinct Animal
[/spoiler]

Had an LD here this morning which at five minutes long makes it a medium one for me.

Tasks done:

1. Paid attention to details of object (bottle of poison)
  2. Met a fictional character (Sylvester Hands from Knightmare)

Too bad my transformation into a Green Iguana near the end was missing the scales :cry: So close to perfect.

So I’m back before my previous dream is graded with another LD! I thought I had a task, but no dice! Next time!!! shakes fist :tongue:

¡Vengáte! ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

Short LDs: 2

[/spoiler]

I had another 2 short LDs last night, separated by wakefulness.
In the first one I dived inside a mirror (yes, my brain seems to like mirrors) which led to a FA.
In the second one I flew on a dragon, without realising that would complete the ‘mythical creature’ task. I don’t often dream about fictional or mythical characters, especially dragons, so I can consider myself lucky!

In this medium-length LD, I observe the detail on the buildings in my neighborhood and on my house itself.

ND about Harry Potter. Many fictional characters for sure, although I haven’t chosen them myself as the task suggests. Does that count?

Another LD! Still no tasks! :razz:

Miso-Rice Soup ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

Short LDs: 3

[/spoiler]

/me has recall

Also typing from a phone so excuse the lame formatting.

I had a dream which involved Springfield and the characters of the Simpsons. It also involved Evie and Rick from the Mummy, and I was also Brendan Fraser playing the role of Rick’s friend. O.o

Something Evie, Rick and myself had done triggered a portal to appear in Springfield. From the portal came two creatures that looked a bit like Roz from Monsters Inc. (Does this count for mythical creatures, since they were aliens?)

The dream then showed me a vision of the future, where futuristic Homer, Bart and Milhouse were just head+torso attached to little flying carts. I asked Homer what happened and he said the portal had been there for a century and had changed the place into what I saw now.

So I’d like to claim points for the following three and a half, if possible: Thanks!

How about animated dinosaur skeletons… they’re like extra-extinct, right? :content: I fought one in a lucid dream last night. I’ll understand if you want flesh and blood versions for the ‘See an extinct creature’ task though. Also, met Tony Stark aka Iron Man for the Fictional Character task. :cool:

Long LD with skeleton-dinosaurs and Tony Stark

In this morning’s ND, I saw both futuristic people (Star Wars-esque) and extinct animals (dinosaurs) while I was in the same plot.

And now I have tasks, but no LDs! :razz:

Bones ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Looked into a mirror and saw myself.

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NDs: 3
Short LDs: 3

Task 1:-E Great Detail | Irregular Color, Extinct Animal | Looked into a mirror and saw myself.
[/spoiler]

This morning’s dreams include a long LD with no tasks in it and a medium-length LD in which I ask a DC to show me something and it does so.

Week 2 - Sound and Touch

**EDIT: What’s week 2 without a story?

[spoiler]It has been one week since you last saw the mysterious man. You have many questions still lingering in your mind… who was he, and what kind of research was he doing? Despite not knowing all the answers, your curiousity got the best of you - and you decided to give in to the demands of the dream character, in order to see what he does next.

Suddenly the scene changes and you instantly appear in the same room that you were in last week. The man isn’t here this time, but you think you can hear his voice, on the other side of the door.

“Week 1 is complete. 66% of the subjects have completed the tasks related to sight.” He says.
“These results are good; however, it isn’t enough proof. Anyone can do that - seeing is the most common sense used in the dream world. You need to give them a harder challenge” You don’t recognize this voice…
“Yes, sir, I understand. That’s why this week I am giving tasks related to Hearing and Touching. These are a little harder for your average dreamer to recall.”
“…Yes… well, it’s a start. Give them the tasks, and we will continue to analyze the data. We may have to step it up a notch within the following weeks to come… Now get to it! We don’t have time to waste”
“Yes sir, Right away sir.”

You hear the footsteps approaching the door. You make a mad dash for the same chair, and act like you didn’t overhear their conversation. The man in the black suit comes into the room and drops off another envelope.
“Your results from last week have been thoroughly analyzed. You have now progressed to week two.” He says.
You decide to have a little fun with him…
“Why am I here?”
“ That information is confidential.” He responds
“Don’t I have to sign a form of consent in order to participate in this psychological experiment”
Here stares at you blanky, then replies
“Waking life rules don’t apply in the dream world. You should know that, if you are who you claim to be.”
[/spoiler]

Glad to see the participation during the first week! I had a lot of fun reading all of your dream journals. I’m learning more about you all, along the way as well!

This week, the tasks will be related to two more senses- Hearing and feeling.
“but wait Jer! Two senses in one week? I thought this LC was going to be 1 sense a week, for five weeks!” Now now young grasshopper. We wouldn’t want to be too predictable, now would we? :wink:

Hear a different language - Any language that you do not speak will count. It does not have to be a real spoken language, but you must be able to identify it (eg. Chinese, German , Klingon, etc.) (20 points)

Play an instrument, hear the music - classic task. Dream music is always better.(25 points)
-conduct an orchestra (20 points)

Hear an inanimate object talk - Hear an object that doesn’t normal talk, speak. Anything is possible in the dream world! Obviously, animals do not count. (30 points)
-Report back with an exact quote (20 points)

Hear a famous deceased person’s last words Hear the last, dying words of a someone who is iconic/ well known. An exact quote must be presented in order to claim points. (40 points)

Touch your shadow - This is a simple task, but for some reason it stuck out in my mind. In order to claim points you must turn your shadow into a figure that is no longer bound to you, (as in,turn it into it’s own entity) and touch it. Peter pan style! The more details the better. ( 15 points)

Touch something unbearably hot. Touch anything that’s hot,hot hot! Want to touch fire? How about the sun? or maybe just a hot burner? Go for it! Remember, the pain isn’t real in dreams. Mind over matter. ( 30 points)

Touch a solid, feel liquid Find anything that is solid, touch and and feel a liquid like material. This may be hard at first. Try to describe this experience the best you can! (30 points)

Touch something and have it turn to gold - If you can pull this one off, you will be rich in your dreams forever! Too bad there isn’t an official dream economy. That gold might not be worth much in your dreams, but in real life it’ll be worth forty points! (40 points)

Just a quick notice before I end this post: I got an interesting idea that will add some dynamic to the game. It will be coming out tomorrow, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled.
Alright guys! Good luck and may the odds be ever in your dreams!