LD4all Quest 105: October: Alternate Time

LD4all Quest 105: October: Alternate Time
Author: Tggtt

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Alternate Time

Great Scott! It is October, 2015!

2015? You mean we’re in the future?

Yes! Synchronize your watches! It’s about time we had a monthly quest.

This date which has been set decades ago. They have dreamed about building a better future, which was given to us as a present.

So, what is so cool about it? You can lucid dream right? And you have powers! Now you are eligible for a new adventure that I am sure you won’t regret!

Let’s say, how about visiting some alternate time and perhaps changing some events? You could be able to see the effect of your actions in the future. Could you improve things?

Be careful not to spoil them!

Or maybe you are looking for a second chance to relive the past. This is also worth considering.
What will be the result? Only time will tell.

If you don’t want to change things, are you tired of needing roads? How about seeing it is like to have flying cars and hoverboards around you?

Either way, I am sure you will be able to take advantage from it. Don’t wait any longer, make it happen!

To complete this Quest and earn your wings:

• Step 1: Become Lucid;
  • Step 2: Visit an alternate time!
  • Step 3: Tell us how it’s different from our own!
  • Optional: meet someone important, a relative or a friend in another space and time;
  • Optional: Try to predict the future;
  • Optional: Create or fix time paradoxes;
  • Optional: Discover something revolutionary that doesn’t exist in our timeline;
  • Optional: Create your own utopia/dystopia.
  • Optional: Enter the time machine;
  • Optional: Ride flying cars;
  • Optional: Watch holographic movies;
  • Optional: Try Pepsi perfect;
  • Optional: Meet a different yourself!
  • Optional: See the effect of your own actions in the future.

Remember to get your shoes ready and everything is set for your adventure!

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Qu will give wings if you think you should have them; the wings are a reward for yourself.

Qu will give wings to everyone who asks for them at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Tips for Completing this Quest

• Imagine/Visualize your destination;
  • Take advantage of the differences to help you attain lucidity;
  • Watch related movies or series!
  • Believe that your bed is a time machine! :wink:

Notes: You don’t need to effectively time travel in order to visit an alternate time/timeline. For instance, if you visit a version of your own city as long as you can explain how different it is from reality. However, lucidity is required for the quest.

Plan everything in detail, after all, your future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one.
Therefore, I am sure you are going to enjoy your future dreams!

SPOILER - Click to view

Remember to have fun! Perhaps we could meet in the dream world!

Would you like to ask the Timeout Master about time?

Yes, I mean, do you want to learn how I had this quest idea?
Well, I was standing on my toilet and I was hanging a clock, and I fell and hit my head on the sink…
which is what makes quest wings possible.

oops… wrong icon. :eek:

So, what you think? :content:

Please ensure that you have enough energy and cash for your travel… to guarantee a safe trip, of course.

Remember to think fourth dimensionally.
Good luck… for the both of us.

See you in the future.

One last thing: Go easy on your children in case they burn the living room rug. :peek:

Acknowledgements
I would like to thank “SX” for reviewing.

I get the feeling Omkar really wants to do this Quest :peek:

[03:03] omg, i only slept 5 hours
[03:04] I NEED TO BACK
[03:04] BACK TO THE DREAMWORLD

:razz:

Happy Oct 21, 2015!

If you cannot succeed this quest within this month, you are going to need a time machine.

I also need to point that I like trains.

:content: I have succeeded art least 3 times in this quest. Come on people, you can do it too!
Quick!
Oct 21, 2015 4:29 pm is coming!

Oct 4[spoiler]I visited the 1960’s as well as the places where buildings I commonly visit should be, before they were built. Things were calm and the weather was windy and cool.[/spoiler]
Oct 8[spoiler]Short futuristic dream. I had a smart-phone that was also some kind of swiss army knife. It had screens on both sides and it could be opened like a book. The walls of my room had task lists and clock. I don’t know how it worked, seemed like projected from behind the wall but it was solid and non translucent.[/spoiler]
Oct 12[spoiler]I managed to drive the time machine and time jump three times. I got into two different states of my city and back. It was dark for most time, but it was warm and dry.[/spoiler]
Oct 14[spoiler]I somehow returned to the present time where I lived an alternate life as an art student. It was strange talking to people and how they perceived me. Everything was different. It was bright, sunny, I had improved sense of smell. Not bad but weird.
(I was not lucid before the alternate timeline was set, so I guess this one would not be wings-worthy)[/spoiler]

Edit:

We have reached the traditional Christmas days schedule.

The quest has ended: That means it is not valid for claiming wings outside a re-quest event.

Anyone is free to try any quest they wish regardless.

You can still save the clock tower. You just gotta believe!
:wink: