What does lucidity mean for you? Why do you do it/work at it

For me it started for the thrill of having Power. Of course that reason is still valid. Throwing an offender out a high story window with but the flick of a finger; raising a mountain from dirt; shooting lightning from my hands or glowing energy spheres… These are all motivation for me. But it’s become so much more. Being of a very spiritual and occult nature I find lucid dreaming to be the ideal way to do my works. The legitimate practices coupled with the drama and flair of dream capabilities enables the psyche to truly revel in its growth and expansion. To explore the universe and Its limitless possibilities is truly an Experience that forever changes one’s life, continuously.

What does Lucidity in the dream realm mean for you?

It means escape from the dream plot and the ability to have powers not possible in waking life (teleport, flying, summoning, transformation of ‘reality’).

Power isn’t something I seek that much in lucid dreams, although I enjoy flying and whatnot. In my latest lucid dream I did try to create a ball of plasma, but just to test my ability to manipulate the dream. My personal goal of teleporting to another planet requires some level of control over the dream.

What I’m really after is just new experiences. Seeing new planets…or old ones that evoked strong emotions in previous dreams. Phasing through objects was a new experience. Extending my senses to cover an entire apartment building like it was part of my body, now that was something new! Man…it was a bit overwhelming.

In one of my first stable lucid dreams I didn’t desire power, I wanted to see the stars. I managed to teleport outside and see them before the dream ended. That was my first time seeing the night sky in a lucid dream. The moon was not round and that bothered me. The next time I saw starts in a lucid dream, the moon was bouncing around the sky and hitting stars like a pinball ball.

Fantasy, exploration, personal transformation… Dreams can be scary, painful experiences for me, up to a point when they influence my waking life. Lucid dreams help with that. Of course, flying and using all kinds of powers is really fun, but there’s more to it than just fun.

I sometimes feel that lucid dreaming isn’t any less real than waking life just because it happens inside of my mind. I have real memories of flying, transforming, and all the other stuff (Killing? Being killed? Being dead? :tongue: ). How awesome is that?

I want to practice better, in the hopes of understanding more about the creative force behind my dreams. There’s another thing - contact with DCs can be very emotional. I treasure the memories of some of them.

For some time, my goal has been to meet the characters from a novel that I have been working on since high school (and shelved). I have a specific character in mind, and really look forward to speaking to him.

Godlike powers, overcoming nightmares, exploration.

One other thing it means to me is the role it plays in death. In buddhism they talk a lot about the importance of becoming aware after death, and people who can LD are held in high regard - like they are half way to enlightenment. Their journey after death will be much easier.

It’s my personal belief that the afterlife is much like a shared lucid dream and that becoming lucid after death may play an important role in shaping your experience of the afterlife.

I started to read about this topic because I want to “exit” from my bad dreams (or turn these into a better thing). I collected few methods, but no ones help me find the “exit point” easily. Now I’m trying with reality check with smartphone apps :smile:

I do it mostly for psychological reasons (facing hidden, repressed emotions). Power is fun, but whenever I exert too much control over the dream, it breaks down.

For me it’s about escaping the confines of reality.
For example being able to beat the crap out of someone you hate,
or do something you have always dreamed of doing (no pun intended)

Just being able to express yourself in a risk free environment

such a rush :smile:

For me it has mostly to do with exploration - of life, truth, and whatnot. I enjoy the idea that it’s a completely new, relatively unresearched “reality” and we can design our own experiments and carry them out. Even more so, some anecdotal evidence exists that lucid dreams can be used to get precognitive information, or meet other beings… Sound so fascinating, like magic! And frankly I’m amazed by the fact that if you practice it, you learn to do it. I’ve tried various meditative and spiritual practices but this one was the only one who provided obvious results.

I keep coming back to lucid dreaming as a spiritual practice because it makes me feel alive. It’s so easy, in waking life, to fall into “automatic pilot” mode. A lucid dream is the opposite. It can more intense than lucid waking states because, asleep and dreaming, you can literally see your psycho-dynamics.

I use LD’s for several things :smile:

The first thing was that I wanted to fly. Nothing more because flying is something what’s completely impossibel IRL.
After flying I use LD’s for creative works. I talk to characters of my story or visit places of my story to see what my SC created (what’s moste of the time way better than my actual idea :happy:
Then I use LD’s to explore my SC and to talk to DC’s. I treat DC’s as reflections of my SC, they are a impersonation of emotions, hopes, desires, fears… everything that touches me :smile:
Sometimes I just want to walk around like: “Show me something interesting, let’s have some fun!”
And yes, like everybody else, I want to try things I cannot IRL, like summon a fireball in my palm :happy:

I read that some ppl use LD’s to heal wounds. And some say it really works or it sped up the healing process, why not :smile:
I think LD’s have a lot of potential we can use in many useful ways.

Lucid dreaming. Another venue for the extension of awareness :smile: Ultimately, my goal is to engender a continuum of awareness…one that bleeds over from daily waking world into the world of dreaming and vice versa.