Dream time, real time???

I think I asked this question in the wrong place on here, so he goes again, when you dream, is time in your dream the same as time when your awake? I have only had two LD’s since I learned what they were, and now after reading several articles on here, the last may have been and OBE. Anyway I looked at my alarm after basicly doing the WBTB and it said 11:15, I saw the hypnogocic things after probably 15 to 20mins, just guessing that it took me about that long to go to sleep. Then mega vibrations, that was a first, and oh so cool, after that, pinched my nose and woke up in my bed lucid. When I came out of the dream I imediately looked at my clock and it said 12:47, so after falling asleep I was probably dreaming for like 45mins, which is at least how long it would have taken in real life to do everything I did in my dream. I don’t know how long one stays in the hypnogocic or vibration state, but all seemed almost like it would take this long in real life, could someone give me some insight to all this and maybe what type of dream I had, LD or OBE?

I saw this post a few days ago but I didn’t feel like I had anything to share. But I did a bit of research and I found a study in which they found that the movement of your eyes in a dream relates to the movement of your eye real eyes while you sleep. In short, they used this to conclude that the subjects dream time was at the rate as real time. But the main reason I desided to write this today is because I had a dream last night, and when I woke up I immediately thought of this post.
In my dream I lived in a house in the bush.(I have always wanted to live in such a house).
I lived there with a guy that I didn’t recognise.(this doesn’t supprize me. I don’t recognise my mates some days). He was convinced that I was a werewolf and was trying to prove it.
Each night for a full month he made me look at the moon to see if I would transform. This however only lasted a few minutes as far as I could tell. Each day would pass really quickly and time would only pass at a normal rate when he when I was told to look at the moon each night. A full moon cycle passed and he was finally convinced I wasn’t a werewolf.
So I’m now convinced that dream time can pass at different rates, although it may pass at different rates on occasion.
As for your question of wether you had a LD or an OBE , in my experience if you can see yourself laying on your bed/hammock/ floor, you are having an OBE. Everything else I consider to be a LD. But this might now be the case for everyone.

DT, thank you for getting back with me!

Ok, about the OBE verses LD, when I have had a LD I have always gotten up out of bed or known I was in my bed, the two where I got up out of bed and walked down my hallway, I never looked back to see if I could see myself lying there. Do you have to see yourself lying in the place you were sleeping for it to be an OBE and is that what classifies it as and OBE? I think my next goal will be to turn around and see if I can see myself before I leave the bedroom. I have to admit, that kind of is scary, to think of looking at myself from outside my body, I think it might weird me out a little, but I have to try!!! LOL

Ok, to help me try to explain this, I will simply share my understanding of what a LD is and what an OBE is. (Just because I’m bored and feel like writing something)
I must also point out that what follows is simply what I understand and what I have experienced and is in no way concrete or definite.

LD : Lucid Dream.
A LD is a dream a person has in which they are aware that they are dreaming. This awareness allows the dreamer to consciously interact with the dream world. Because a LD is still a dream, the dreamer is confined to their own mind. And unless the dreamer has a special connection with another person or being (or they have some other special ability), they cannot communicate or interact beyond the extend of their own mind. Therefore, anything a dreamer does in a LD has no effect on real life*.
(* This not entirely definite. There is plenty of evidence supporting otherwise but I have never experienced this in detail and this is a very complicated subject. For the sake of keeping things simple I will leave it this way.)

OBE: Out of Body Experience.
An OBE is when your physical self separates from your spiritual self ( aka. your astral self). This produces a type of bi-location that allows you to explore and interact with the astral realm with you astral body while you physical body is safe* in the physical world. Because you are interacting with an environment beyond your own mind you can communicate and interact with other beings. This means that if you were to meet someone in (or on?)the astral plane, for example your significant other, and said to them that you think they are incompetent and insuperior, they could take offence to this and recall it in real life.(this is far fetched but possible)
On the other hand, if you had the same conversation in a LD, they couldn’t know your opinions as your dream was all in your head.

It is characteristic of a person experiencing an OBE to be able to see their physical body as well as the actual physical world around them. You are like a ghost, except you’re not one.

So if you can see your body when you become aware you are in a LD/ OBE, then you are probably haveing an OBE.
BUT, you can have a kind of “false OBE” when you have a LD but can see your body. This is probably because you can see pretty much anything in a LD.

Usually I determine the LD/OBE question by simply observing what’s around me. If I look at text is it gibberish or is it what I would expect to be written there. Is my house in the bush or on my street?

So…yeah. If you can see yourself sleeping you are probably having an OBE. Unless you are having a LD…?

Im sorry if this is a bit confusing. I am at work ( photographer at the horse races) and have written this during my many, but short and unpredictable, rest breaks.

I hope this helps in some way.

Wow, I don’t even know how to respond to that! I am a Christian and the part you said about messing with another in an OBE and it affecting them in real life, does actually seem far fetched. I have been having a lot of trouble with a guy harrassing me at work, he came to mind when you wrote about this!!! Would love to be able to change the way he treats me, funny thought came too mind though, would love to try and get him to say “your amazing” everytime he walked by me!!! :lol: Yes I am a Christian, I guess my onery side was showing right there though huh??? Yah it does all seem weird to me though, being able to do that and interact with someone else like that, just don’t know what to think about that.

Hey, by the way, your job sounds sooooooooo cool!!!

OK, so something I forgot to mention before, and that I feel obliged to share, one christian to another.
If you are going to visit the astral realms, prepare yourself with prayer before you go under, and never go in unarmed. :wink:

If you would like to talk further, please feel free to PM me.

ps. I think my job is pretty great as well, I love horses and photography. And it’s only for one day a week, so I never get bored.