Lucidity Challenge 54 Winner DTDownUnder!

Introduction

Hi! I’m your host for Lucidity Challenge 54.

The Lucidity Challenge (LC for short) is a game that is intended to provide some additional motivation for people who are trying to have lucid dreams. Each week there will be new challenge tasks posted in this forum thread, and you score points for having a dream (lucid or non-lucid) in which you do one or more challenge tasks. Lucid dreams score more points: the details of the scoring system are described later in this post.

At the end, the person with the highest score is given the option of hosting the next challenge; if they don’t want to do it, the option to host passes on the second place scorer, and so on. Apart from that, there are no prizes; the goal is to have fun, both doing the challenge tasks and by having other lucid dreams using the skills you’ve learned from attempting the challenges.

If you feel uncomfortable about any of the tasks (e.g. you find it frightening, or embarrassing), feel free to skip it. There’s no pressure to do all the tasks, and no prizes apart from the getting to write the next one.

Participants in the LC usually post a description of their dreams in the Dream Journal forum, and post in this thread a short post describing which task they think they’ve completed, hyperlinking to the full description of the dream in their dream journal. If you don’t want to post all your dreams, feel free to leave some of them out. It’s also OK to leave out parts of dreams, and just post the bit where you did the task, leaving out the more embarrassing elements. For example, it would appear that many participants, both male and female, are having a lot of sex with dream characters. It is totally OK to snip that part :smile:

Previous Challenges

SPOILER - Click to view

LC 1 — TM and initiator: eMander (formerly ian1) — winner: -=JaSoN=-
LC 2 — TM: Magnus — winner: Q
LC 3 — TM: Q — winner: Bravsein
LC 4 — TM: Bravsein — winner: WritersCube
LC 5 — TM: WritersCube — winner: dimsya
LC 6 — TM: dimsya — winner: Queen SD
LC 7 — TM: Ysim — winner: Mugiwara
LC 8 — TM: Mugiwara — winner: Ysim
LC 9 — TM: Ysim — winner: Tundra
LC 10 — TM: Tundra — winner: ebilshrimp
LC 11 — TM: ebilshrimp — winner: Tundra
LC 12 — TM: HebrewB — winner: mattiasdavis
LC 13 — TM: Blue&White — winner: relV
LC 14 — TM: relV — winner: GHOSTIE11
LC 15 — TM: GHOSTIE11 — winner: unknownuser33
LC 16 — TM: Danielns13 — winner: rkr7
LC 17 — TM: Angelmouse — winner: pasQuale
LC 18 — TM: Magnus — winner: Amaryllis
LC 19 — TM: Amaryllis — winner: Dryalantha
LC 20 — TM: Dryalantha — winners: Shadow Dreamer and Amaryllis
LC 21 — TM: Shadow Dreamer — winner: probably Wyvern
LC 22 — TM: Danilens13 — winner: tosxyChor
LC 23 — TM: tosxyChor — winner: Wyvern
LC 24 — TM: Wyvern — winner: tosxyChor
LC 25 — TM: Rhewin — winner: Solaris
LC 26 — TM: Solaris — winner: Rhewin
LC 27 — TM: tosxyChor — winner: Rhewin
LC 28 — TM: Rhewin — winner: Siiw
LC 29 — TM: Siiw — winner: Rhewin
LC 30 — TM: Puce — winner: Wega
LC 31 — TM: Mimmo0 — winner: Limitles
LC 32 — TM: Limitles — winner: Nicklebrick
LC 33 — TM: Nicklebrick — winner: elnaureth
LC 34 — TM: elnaureth — winner: DreamSailor
LC 35 — TM: Ysim — winner: Koharo
LC 36 — TM: Rhewin — winner: HeadInTheClouds
LC 37 — TM: HeadInTheClouds — winner: Scipio Xaos
LC 38 — TM: Scipio Xaos — winner: Thorn
LC 39 — TM: Thorn — winner: Koharo
LC 40 — TM: HeadInTheClouds — winner: Wyvern
LC 41 — TM: Wyvern — winner: Thorn
LC 42 — TM: Thorn — winner: Wyvern
LC 43 — TM: Rhewin — winner: drd
LC 44 — TM: Thorn — winner: drd
LC 45 — TM: obfusc8 — winner: Thorn
LC 46 — TM: Thorn — winner: obfusc8
LC 47 — TM: Mew151 — winner: Rhewin
LC 48 — TM: Rhewin — winner: probably obfusc8
LC 49 — TM: obfusc8 — winner: drd
LC 50 — TM: Thorn — winner: obfusc8
LC 51 — TM: Jer — winner: Thorn
LC 52 -TM: Susan_Y - winner: obfusc8
LC 53 - TM: Obfusc8 - Winner: GenghisKhan

Scoring

SPOILER - Click to view
  • Lucid Dreams and Induction Methods

[list]
[*]You wonder if you are dreaming but do not become lucid - 5 points

• A “short” lucid dream - 20 points
  • A “medium” length lucid dream - 30 points
  • A “long” lucid dream - 40 points
  • Your longest ever lucid dream - 50 points
  • Your first ever lucid dream - 75 points
  • Completing one or more of a week’s tasks while lucid - 30 points
  • Completing one or more of a week’s tasks within a week of it being posted - 20 points
  • Completing one or more of a week’s tasks in the same dream as a task from a different week - 20 points
  • Completing the LD4all Monthly Quest while lucid - 75 points
  • Personal goal while lucid - 100 points
  • Personal goal in a non-lucid dream - 20 points
    [/*:m][/list:u]

Dream lengths are subjective estimates (you can’t measure how long the dream really was, at least not without using an EEG machine or similar) and “short” is relative to how long your lucid dreams usually last. If you haven’t had a lucid dream before, use short <= 1 minute < medium <= 5 minutes < long.

If you achieve your personal goal twice, lucid and non-lucid, you only get the 100 points for the lucid.

If you qualify for both the “early” and “combo” bonus in a given week, you only get 20 points (not 20+20=40).

Sign-ups

As usual, we will need a total of 10 participants before we start. To sign up, post a message in this thread, copying the current list of sign ups and adding your own name at the end. Please use this format:

. -

e.g. 1. Susan_Y - Swim underwater

Your sign-up can include a personal goal you want to achieve while lucid.

You may also include a picture of how you would like other LC participants to see you in their dreams (in case we have a “summon another LC participant” task). This doesn’t have to be how you look in waking life, though something human or at least humanoid would make life easier for other participants. I’ll allow a Sonic the Hedgehog style dragon, for example (looks at Thorn).

Well, I wasn’t entirely sure I wanted to get involved in this, but I did have a lucid dream this morning and I’ve been name-dropped, so eh.

1. Thorn — Breathe fire

Haven’t done one of these in a long time. For personal goal completed while non-lucid, will it also still be able to be completed while lucid? How does that work out point wise?

1. Thorn — Breathe fire
  2. HeadInTheClouds - Say a full sentence in a foreign language

I don’t get as lucid as often as I used to. I decided to go a bit easy on my goal, but it’s still a challenge. I’ve tried to do this for a long time, I may have been successful once, but I’m not sure. It’s surprisingly difficult to remember to do and to actually say anything that makes sense.

Lucidity Challenge 54

1. Thorn — Breathe fire
  2. HeadInTheClouds — Say a full sentence in a foreign language
  3. Cornelia Xaos — Flight with Cardia

Yay, LC! :happy: Hopefully, THIS TIME I will finally get my personal goal done… I came pretty close last time… but not quite… IT WILL BE DIFFERENT THIS TIME. :razz:

:content:

1. Thorn — Breathe fire
  2. HeadInTheClouds — Say a full sentence in a foreign language
  4. DTDownUnder — Find a symbol

Yeah! My first LC!
I have wanted to participate for a while now and I finally don’t have an excuse.
I have been looking for a drawn symbol for some time, hopefully this will help me.

Welcome DTDownUnder! :smile:

1. Thorn — Breathe fire
  5. Koal44 — Shout in Skyrim style

I hope we ll start fast! As I curently have vacations, I should be better this week :smile:

1. Thorn — Breathe fire
  6. GenghisKhan — Visit a real alien planet

First of all thanks again Susan for hosting in my place.

As for my personal task: all planets I have visited were very Earth-like, I will settle only for something really bizarre in terms of flora / fauna.

As major handicap, I will claim points only for weekly tasks successfully completed during ND / DILD / DEILD / spontaneous (not WILD).

1. Thorn — Breathe fire
  7. James_UK2008 — Cast a spell

I’m hosting, so no points for me. But anyway, non-lucid dream in which i GM a D&D game; the scenario was The Caverns of Thracia. The late showing players in the dream possibly referring to the late signups for this challenge.

1. Thorn — Breathe fire
  8. Jer - Fly with an LC participants

Let’s do this. Hopefully I accomplish my goal this time around.

1. Thorn — Breathe fire
  9. ZRVera - Wield a weapon made of crystal

Guess I’ll come back from oblivion for a little while. There’s so much I do on a regular basis in my FLDs that it’s hard to think of something appropriate for a goal for the LC. Regardless, here’s a link to how I’d prefer to appear. It’s essentially this, except I’d be yellow and white instead.

1. Thorn — Breathe fire
  9. ZRVera - Wield a weapon made of crystal
  10. Yev — Fly across the ocean
    I haven’t done one of these in a long time, haven’t had a LD in a long time either, but I’ll give it a shot.

Ok, we’ve got 10 signups, so we’re ready to go.

Side Tasks

These side tasks can be done either lucid or non-lucid. The “early”, “combo” or “lucid” bonus do not apply to these side tasks.

• See a colour that is not black, white or a shade of grey - 10 points (Seeing in partial colour, e.g. if you are red-green blind in the dream, counts for the points)
  • Hear a sound that is something other than a DC speaking - 10 points
  • Hear music - +10 points (this is a subtask of the previous one. Must include an instrumental element - unaccompanied singing doesn’t count)
  • Feel warmth or cold (either ambient temperature, or something you touch) - 10 points
  • Feel the texture of a surface that you touch (inanimate objects or hair/skin of dream characters counts) - 10 points
  • Taste something - 10 points
  • Smell something - 10 points

Week 1 - Camp LD4All

“You’ll be alright, won’t you?” your mother asks anxiously. You watch as her car drives away, leaving you standing my the camp entrance. There is a statue of a moose, and a cloth banner reading “Camp L4All”. Susan is there; she is older than you.

“Welcome to Camp LD4All. I’m Susan and I’m your camp counsellor for the week. I’ve got lots of fun activities planned and I’m sure you’ll all have a great time.” She tries to ignore the sceptical expression on your face. She gestures towards a girl about your age, who is wearing Goth clothing. “Oh, and meet Wednesday Addams; I’m sure you’ll get along fine.” Wednesday also looks sceptical at this point.

Anyway, on to the this week’s tasks:

• Sit by a campfire - 10 points

[list]
[*] Cook something over the campfire (e.g. marshmallows) - +10 points

• Sing a campfire song - +10 points
  • The campfire song is a Terry Pratchett reference - +20 points
    [/:m]
    [
    ] Explore the woods - 10 points[/:m]
    [
    ] Climb a tree - 10 points[/:m]
    [
    ]Swim in the lake - 10 points (Has to be outdoors, and not the sea/ocean to count).[/:m]
    [
    ]Help put up a tent - 20 points[/:m]
    [
    ]Be inside a tent - 10 points[/:m]
    [
    ]Play an outdoor team game, such as baseball - 20 points[/*:m][/list:u]

Bonus: Do any of the above tasks while transformed younger that your current real-life self: +30 points. This bonus can only be claimed once.

With apologies to: Addams Family Values, Moonrise Kingdom, National Lampoon’s Vacation

Um… who is Terry Pratchett? :razz: (Guess this means I’m not getting those points. :razz: )

Terry Pratchett was the author of the Discworld fantasy novels … in which, among other things, there are a number of scenes where the characters sing songs with mildly dirty lyrics.

And I am claiming the first LD in which our LC host was playing with me :smile:
Short LD with a few side missions:

· Feel something that you touch.
· See something that is not black or grey

I think I did more but I cannot remember properly the feelings so I ll let them.

Yay ! A DILD !

Medium length DILD (LINK TO DJ), in which I find myself in my youngness room, float through a window, go to a city park and set up a tent in a clearing among the trees.
Claim points for below tasks:

• See something colored - the curtain on the window was distinctly light blue (it was taken from my memory after all)
  • Set up tent
  • Explore woods - Not sure: I walk through the city park for a bit, many dense trees, but it’s not woods

Interestingly enough, when thinking about it this morning, my mind could have set a framework for getting me younger than my current age (another task), since I started the dream in the room I last stayed in ~12 years ago. However, I did not “feel” younger during the dream, so I am not claiming any points.

No Lucids yets. However, I did get a side task done in normal dreams.

I saw plenty of colors, including but not limited to blue & red. I had traveled back in time to an old store from the 90s and was seeing a whole bunch of nostalgic stuff, including an array of M&M dispensers.

Just a short lucid for me. I’m gonna claim the see colors task. I recall a very vibrant green.

Almost Forgotten Lucid - Short Lucid Dream - Side Task: See a Color

Stats so far:

[spoiler]Short LDs: 1

Task 1: ~ none ~
Side Task: See a Color
[/spoiler]