Most useless thing you did in a LD?

Do you know how you sometimes waste your LD and wake up thinking “why the hell did I do that?” Well, you are not alone and I propose we share some of these stories here. I found a similar topic elsewhere and it made me feel better about myself lol.

I’ll go first. This is more of a good-intention-bad-result kind of thing. Last night I was thinking about using a phone in LD as a means to get in touch with someone. Managed to incubate a sort-of LD in which a phone was ringing. I answered and heard a rigid, unpleasant male voice saying to me “Hello? Who are you?!” which evoked my natural response “what the hell, you are calling me, why would you ask who I am?!”. It was so silly I woke up.

Another great one (though not mine) was this: “realized I was dreaming. Decided to see if I can wake up, and then woke up”.

Anyone else?

Oh! This topic is made for me! Most of my endeavors in lucid dreams fail horribly.

The first dream (from February 2014) started with me walking with family and friends in my hometown. A large intersection was in front of us, but the cars were still. Not only that, but there were translucent, yellowish, distorted images of the cars behind them and shifted to the left a bit. I stopped and noticed this weird effect was due to the slightly yellow field the cars were in.

The field expanded in my direction and time stopped around me as well. Small rocks floated off the ground and I looked at my hands to confirm it was a dream. Became lucid, but the time stopping field made everything blurry. I wanted to make it clearer so I summoned DCs that would not be frozen in time like everything else. Three kids appeared on the road. One girl and one boy with green skin. I went to them asked how to make the dream clearer. The girl gave me a lighter and gestured me to drink the fluid inside. None of them spoke. I trusted the girl and drank the lighter fluid. It tasted horrible and made me throw up. As I was on all fours, painting the road with vomit, I woke up.

I’ve been trying my personal goal in at least 20 different lucid dreams and I always fail. Umm…most of them are not that interesting. One of them was pretty close. I managed to open a door to a maze that had a wormhole in the end and that sent me flying though space, but before I could reach the frozen planet I woke up.

Once, when trying to reach the frozen planet, I managed to merge my senses with an apartment building and make it fly like a rocket, but the building was too heavy and it just sort of drifted barely above other buildings as I struggled to control it and eventually woke up. So that was pretty useless, to try and fly to space with an apartment building.

hahah

yasss!!
i saw this topic on Dreamviews

Anyway, i once did my homework in a lucid
:meh:
it was terrible

I must admit that I am always doing dumb and useless things in my dreams.
From rigorously picking my nose to doing what felt like a full day at work, I have had my fair share of time wasters.
I’m not sure of a dream that was the most useless but I do remember one in which I wrote a full set of code for an Arduino RFID reader (About 100 lines of code), only to wake up and have to rewrite the whole thing. :wallhit:

Guilty of this!

I have several times tried to walk the very familiar, 5 km distance between the small town and my parents’ house, just to see if I can get there before the dream ends. I still haven’t been able to do it by simply walking.

Once, I spent the majority of a LD looking for a pen, so I could write something down.

:content: Yeah, have had that dream myself. Impression was, if I could write it down, it would help me bring its recall into the waking world.

LOL, I remember one dream I was riding in the back of a truck on some adventure and wanted to write down all the details. I couldn’t find a pen, but they did have a giant crayon in the truck bed the size of a small log. I ended up writing the recall out on a large picnic table once we stopped. I guess it worked…I remembered everything :smile:

For me, it’s trying to tell other DC’s that “We’re dreaming!!” They rarely seem very excited about the revelation.

Most useless thing… probably falling asleep to Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King… and watching it again in my lucid dream while having some snacks :lol: I mean, it was still fun, though!

:happy: Happy 2017 WritersCube!

Spinning is probably the most useless thing I’ve done lucid. Instead of stabilizing, it just wakes me up.

Haha, Happy 2017, Letaali! :happy: