Lucidity Challenge 55 Winner: GenghisKhan!

Introduction

Hi! Welcome to the 55th Lucidity Challenge.
I , DTDownUnder, will be your host. This is my first time hosting so I might not be a perfect, and I’m not going to try to be. I will do my best.

The Lucidity Challenge (LC for short) is a game that is intended to provide some additional motivation for people who are trying to have lucid dreams. Each week there will be new challenge tasks posted in this forum thread, and you score points for having a dream (lucid or non-lucid) in which you do one or more challenge tasks. Lucid dreams score more points: the details of the scoring system are described later in this post.

At the end, the person with the highest score is given the option of hosting the next challenge; if they don’t want to do it, the option to host passes on the second place scorer, and so on. Apart from that, there are no prizes; the goal is to have fun, both doing the challenge tasks and by having other lucid dreams using the skills you’ve learned from attempting the challenges.

If you feel uncomfortable about any of the tasks (e.g. you find it frightening, or embarrassing), feel free to skip it. There’s no pressure to do all the tasks, and no prizes apart from the getting to write the next one.

Participants in the LC usually post a description of their dreams in the Dream Journal forum, and post in this thread a short post describing which task they think they’ve completed, hyperlinking to the full description of the dream in their dream journal. If you don’t want to post all your dreams, feel free to leave some of them out. It’s also OK to leave out parts of dreams, and just post the bit where you did the task, leaving out the more embarrassing elements.

Previous Challenges

SPOILER - Click to view

LC 1 — TM and initiator: eMander (formerly ian1) — winner: -=JaSoN=-
LC 2 — TM: Magnus — winner: Q
LC 3 — TM: Q — winner: Bravsein
LC 4 — TM: Bravsein — winner: WritersCube
LC 5 — TM: WritersCube — winner: dimsya
LC 6 — TM: dimsya — winner: Queen SD
LC 7 — TM: Ysim — winner: Mugiwara
LC 8 — TM: Mugiwara — winner: Ysim
LC 9 — TM: Ysim — winner: Tundra
LC 10 — TM: Tundra — winner: ebilshrimp
LC 11 — TM: ebilshrimp — winner: Tundra
LC 12 — TM: HebrewB — winner: mattiasdavis
LC 13 — TM: Blue&White — winner: relV
LC 14 — TM: relV — winner: GHOSTIE11
LC 15 — TM: GHOSTIE11 — winner: unknownuser33
LC 16 — TM: Danielns13 — winner: rkr7
LC 17 — TM: Angelmouse — winner: pasQuale
LC 18 — TM: Magnus — winner: Amaryllis
LC 19 — TM: Amaryllis — winner: Dryalantha
LC 20 — TM: Dryalantha — winners: Shadow Dreamer and Amaryllis
LC 21 — TM: Shadow Dreamer — winner: probably Wyvern
LC 22 — TM: Danilens13 — winner: tosxyChor
LC 23 — TM: tosxyChor — winner: Wyvern
LC 24 — TM: Wyvern — winner: tosxyChor
LC 25 — TM: Rhewin — winner: Solaris
LC 26 — TM: Solaris — winner: Rhewin
LC 27 — TM: tosxyChor — winner: Rhewin
LC 28 — TM: Rhewin — winner: Siiw
LC 29 — TM: Siiw — winner: Rhewin
LC 30 — TM: Puce — winner: Wega
LC 31 — TM: Mimmo0 — winner: Limitles
LC 32 — TM: Limitles — winner: Nicklebrick
LC 33 — TM: Nicklebrick — winner: elnaureth
LC 34 — TM: elnaureth — winner: DreamSailor
LC 35 — TM: Ysim — winner: Koharo
LC 36 — TM: Rhewin — winner: HeadInTheClouds
LC 37 — TM: HeadInTheClouds — winner: Scipio Xaos
LC 38 — TM: Scipio Xaos — winner: Thorn
LC 39 — TM: Thorn — winner: Koharo
LC 40 — TM: HeadInTheClouds — winner: Wyvern
LC 41 — TM: Wyvern — winner: Thorn
LC 42 — TM: Thorn — winner: Wyvern
LC 43 — TM: Rhewin — winner: drd
LC 44 — TM: Thorn — winner: drd
LC 45 — TM: obfusc8 — winner: Thorn
LC 46 — TM: Thorn — winner: obfusc8
LC 47 — TM: Mew151 — winner: Rhewin
LC 48 — TM: Rhewin — winner: probably obfusc8
LC 49 — TM: obfusc8 — winner: drd
LC 50 — TM: Thorn — winner: obfusc8
LC 51 — TM: Jer — winner: Thorn
LC 52 -TM: Susan_Y - winner: obfusc8
LC 53 - TM: Obfusc8 - Winner: GenghisKhan
LC 54 - TM: Susan_Y - Winner: DTDownUnder

Scoring
LINK TO SCORES

SPOILER - Click to view

Lucid Dreams and Induction Methods

You wonder if you are dreaming but do not become lucid - 5 points
A “short” lucid dream - 20 points
A “medium” length lucid dream - 30 points
A “long” lucid dream - 40 points
Your longest ever lucid dream - 50 points
Your first ever lucid dream - 75 points
Completing one or more of a week’s tasks in the same dream as a task from a different week - 20 points
Completing the LD4all Monthly Quest while lucid - 75 points
Personal goal while lucid - 100 points
Personal goal in a non-lucid dream - 20 points

Dream lengths are subjective estimates (you can’t measure how long the dream really was, at least not without using an EEG machine or similar) and “short” is relative to how long your lucid dreams usually last. If you haven’t had a lucid dream before, use short <= 1 minute < medium <= 5 minutes < long.

If you achieve your personal goal twice, lucid and non-lucid, you only get the 100 points for the lucid.

Sign-ups

As usual, we will need a total of 10 participants before we start. To sign up, post a message in this thread, copying the current list of sign ups and adding your own name at the end. Please use this format:

. -

e.g. 1. DTDownUnder - Jump off a Cliff

Your sign-up can include a personal goal you want to achieve while lucid.

PLEASE ALSO INCLUDE a picture or description of how you would like other LC participants to see you in their dreams (we will (probably) have a “summon another LC participant” task). This doesn’t have to be how you look in waking life, though something human or at least humanoid would make life easier for other participants.

Participant descriptions

One Last thing

SPOILER - Click to view

Sign-ups start today, but the LC will not begin for a few weeks. I have decided that it is better to have a longer sign-up period than to be absent during the LC. I will be 99% offgrid from the 3rd of July until the 25thh of July.(my emergency sat phone is the 1%) I will then be back in range and can start the LC.

Current signups:

1. Cornelia Xaos - Have a Dream with Mew
  2. Mew151 - Have a Dream with Cornelia
  3. James_UK2008 - Grow in size
  4. Letaali - Use a new superpower
  5. Glypheye - Have 4 layered LD (I’ve managed 3 and only 3 smile ) Overseer/normal daily self/gaming self/toy played with by gaming self
  6. Sarunas123 - play piano
  7. Jer - Go to outer space
  8. GenghisKhan - Sing (on my to-do list since long time)
  9. tachyon - Fly to outer space
  10. Bazanikins - break my record for most time spent in an LD using the Dream Clock.
  11. N@t3 - Transform yourself into an animal or mythical creature
  12. Susan_Y No personal goal (yet)
  13. Dream hatcher - prolong my lucid dreams and keep them super vivid
  14. Eilatan - Have a dream with Cornelia and Mew
  15. Obfusc8 - Grow a plant in my hands

* Week One - Gorge Risk Area

* Week Two - The Climb

* Week Three - Storm Damage

* Week Four: The Big, Empty Space

Good luck to all that participate, and may the best dreamer win!

Lucidity Challenge 55 Signups

FIRST!! :happy: :razz:

[title]Lucidity Challenge 55 Signups[/title]

edit: GET HYPE!

edit edit: Also a description of my character from LC50:

If I’m to be seen in anyone else LD’s then naturally, I’d like them to see me as a Lizardman :wink:

This is what I’ll look like in your dream:

Yep. And I’ll choose an easier goal as well, because my lucid dreaming lately hasn’t been too great. I’m still trying to reach one specific planet, but I’ll focus on easier goals to keep my motivation up.

5. Glypheye - Have 4 layered LD (I’ve managed 3 and only 3 :smile: ) Overseer/normal daily self/gaming self/toy played with by gaming self

I’d like to look like what another dreamer-friend once saw me as…a self with an ever-changing face, male/female/animal…younameit :smile:

And, to be clear…this is not to be creepy or mysterious. Just to be highly flexible/adaptable. Whatever face I’m wearing, I hope its a friendly one

5. Glypheye - Have 4 layered LD (I’ve managed 3 and only 3 smile ) Overseer/normal daily self/gaming self/toy played with by gaming self

I hope I can participate aswell, though I’m new in this forum. I’ve been learning about lucid dreaming for about three moths now, had some lucidity in my dreams aswell.

I would appear as kid Son-goku in your dreams.

I missed the “probably have another Summon LC participant task” so, if needed, I can change my personal goal… :razz:

And as to my appearance… Any of my past LC characters will do nicely. (tl;dr pink haired catgirl… may or may not be holding a hoverboard or giant wrench :tongue: )

I have had the goal “Go to outer space” for so long now. I don’t know why its so hard for me, but I am actually going to complete it this time- I swear on it.

~LC HYPE~

Sign me up ! :cool:

I’d like to appear in your dreams as a make human warrior, possibly wielding a bow and on horseback ! But no horse and a sword or any other “traditional” weapon will do :content:

Since a couple of months I’ve got very little time and energy to devote to dreaming, because of big challenges in my personal life, so I’d like to participate without any handicap (I may change this later based on relative performance)

I slightly changed my goal from LC51 to allow for more freedom. Like Jer I haven’t genuinely accomplished it so far :smile:

I don’t really have a (fictional) character so here is a lengthy description of myself:
Short, blond boy.

10. Bazanikins - break my record for most time spent in an LD using the Dream Clock.

My record is what seemed like 2 days. I’ve been trying to stay longer, I’ll get it though. Don’t ever worry about it. :content:

And if anyone was wondering, I’d probably have a suit with a cummerbund and bow tie on. Either that or some sort of cardigan with long hair. Best of luck to all :smile:

I can imagine that one of the hardest things is to transform yourself into something else. I transformed myself into a cat and an owl but what about a dragon? I think it could be fun for everbody.

What do I look like? I prefere wearing jeans and a hoodies so I think I will do that in your dreams as well. I love it to hide my face but if you want to see one, I’m Asian :smile:

I’m back! :woo:
Thanks for putting up with the wait people, this was the best way for me to make sure I will be online for the entire LC.

If anyone was wondering how my trip went, it was amazing. I stopped wearing my watch a few days in, and for most of the trip I used the sun as my clock and the moon as my calendar.

Anyway, I will be starting the LC shortly. I continued writing the first task last night (after I rediscovered the internet) and I should be finished tonight. I will start task some sometime tomorrow. (when I say tomorrow I mean my tomorrow, which could be anywhere between 5 and 36 hours away, depending on what type of sleep cycle I use tonight :plotting: )

[center]Week One: Gorge Risk Area[/center]

As is tradition…

SPOILER - Click to view

[center]

Pic Credit: Ed R.[/center]
You squint as you step out of the bus, the blazing sun beats down on the red dirt. Pete, your tour guide, asks for the group to follow him down a path worn between the spinifex. Someone enquires as to where it is they are going. Pete is caught off guard as he is halfway done shoving a muesli bar in his mouth.
“Um chough, To the lookout.”
He says with a cheek full of oats and macadamias.
As you follow at the rear of the group you try to find your sunnies in your backpack. You’re not looking where you are walking and trip on a half buried rock. The red ground rushes up to meet you as you try to miss the spinifex bush. Luckily, your backpack breaks your fall and you are unhurt. You brush yourself off as you stand back up and try to catch up with the rest of the group.
A little while down the track you arrive at the lookout, as you walk onto the metal platform you gaze down into the great canyon. It seems to be about 150m deep and about the same wide.
Pete is busy explaining the features of sedimentary rock and how it is formed.
Another tourist tries to open a map while standing on the edge of the lookout, just as he gets it open it is ripped from his hands by a sudden gust of wind, he tries to grab at it but he is too slow. You quietly chuckle as the bright piece of paper slowly descends into the gorge.
You just have time to snap a quick picture before Pete leads the group down another track.
The track leads you to the edge of the gorge. Pete stops in front of some signs that are titled “GORGE RISK AREA”, and he explains some of the dangers of entering the gorge. You take the chance to look for your sunnies again. You find them quite quickly but when you pull them out of the backpack they are broken. The fall must have cracked the lense. You stare at them for a moment before tossing them back in your backpack, never to be looked for again.

“…and remember, once you get down to the bottom, be sure to turn left, there isn’t a marked path to the right.” Pete has been giving instructions to the members of the group that want to explore the gorge. “I am going back to the bus to get lunch ready, be back before noon please.”

Hearing this makes you pull out your notepad to double check what you wrote down last night. You had been talking to your mate that had been in the gorges with some locals last year.

“To get to the pools, turn left at the bottom. To get to the aboriginal artwork, turn right. They will probably tell you not to go to the right, they don’t usually show it to tourists…”

Find a Large canyon/ gorge/ hole. 10p
-View it from a lookout/ platform 10p
-Fly/ jump over it 20p
Find a map 10p
-Use the map to navigate somewhere 20p
Find sunglasses 10p
-Fix broken Sunglasses 20p
See an animal 10p
-The animal is Australian (Kangaroo, koala) 10p
-Speak with the animal. (with, not at. It has to respond) 20p
Find Aboriginal artwork 20p
-Paint some yourself 10p
-Paint some on yourself (bodyart) 30p
Swim in a pool of water 10p
-Jump/ Dive into the pool 10p
-Jump/ Dive from the top of the gorge 30p

12. Susan_Y

My appearance for this challenge: Fair skin, shoulder-length red hair, wearing an indigo-coloured denim skirt and a T-shirt.

I can’t think of a personal challenge this time :frowning:

Non-lucid dream, in which I find maps of the North Sea and the island of Hispaniola.

I claim the points for the “find a map” task.

(Even though the map looks like it belongs in Pirates of the Caribbean rather than an Australian adventure).

Non-lucid dream, in which I visit a ranch and see some long-horned cattle.

I claim the points for the “see an animal” task.

The animal was not indigenous to Australia, so I’m not claiming the points for the subtask. The landscape could possibly have been Australia, or the American West.

Had a non-lucid dream this weekend where I spoke with a cat and it responded to me but I was too busy to type it up. That dream also had some… weird content in it, so the actual conversation would be ~snip~'ed from my dream journal anyway.

Two ND and two short LD in the past days LINK to DJ entry

I can claim points for below tasks, both in LD
Find a Large canyon/ gorge/ hole
-View it from a lookout/ platform