Understanding the Universe Via Lucidity

Hello fellow dreamers :content:

Who I Am

I am fairly new to the lucid dreaming community. With only 5 or 6 succesful lucid dreams, I see myself as a newbie. The thing about lucid dreaming is that it does not take a master to understand the depth of lucid dreams. Trying to explain to someone who never has had a lucid dream that “you can reach out and touch the ground” or “you really experience the height and wind while you fly” means nothing. Before I had experienced my first lucid dream I thought of them as something that was 20% legit and 80% your hopeful imagination believing something amazing like this exists. Once I experienced my first one I got my first glance at this astonishing and chillingly perplexing world…

History of The Universe

Time is a highly misunderstood concept because it is so variable. If it took 2 hours to fly from Paris to South Africa we would think that was a very short period of time. It if took 2 hours for Netflix to buffer a movie, we would throw our remote through the T.V. It’s based what situation, and who you ask, that determines if something takes a short or long time. Being that the average life span is about 80 years most people would consider this to be a very long period of time because “their lives are so important”. This goes back generations and you might think that your great, great, great, great, great relative is a dinosaur but thats only a few hundred years. Your life is so short in the grand scheme of the universe. If you can look below to the timeline you can see how short human existence has been on earth.

{X’s- Humans
{O’s- No Humans

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX X

Wow. This is an almost scale representation of how long humans have been in existance on this planet. We have been around this earth for 200,000 years which is a drop in the bucket compared to the estimated age of the universe which is 14 billion years. With such little time on the planet think of how much has been accomplished. If someone dropped you into the Canadian wilderness with nothing to survive but the clothes on your back, how long would it take you to create a nation that can develop iPhones? Think about how far we have came with the bare nothing that we started with. We are in a complete exponential growth. Think back to the early humans. Until they came along there was no technology development whatsoever. On the graph, that is the entire string of O’s leading up to the two X’s, with no technology whatsoever. Within that X (human existence) we see the start of technology growth at stages with early humans using weapons, which catapulted itself exponentially with us developing technology faster than ever.

The Normal Game

What I like to call the “normal game” is a game that most people, myself included play their entire lives. It is something that is encoded into our minds as natural thought. The normal game is what I call when someone thinks that their life is normal. If you wake up and make breakfast and get in your car and drive to work and pretend to work and drive home and watch a movie and eat dinner and go to bed, you think it’s normal. The fact of the matter is that this situation is completely not normal. You are living on the upwards curve of a technology revolution. Our brains are creative, but not genius enough to be able to understand and predict the things that are right in front of their eyes. We always think we are at the peek of development. I used to be a victim to this and I bet that a lot of people reading this post are too. We live every day excited about our current technology, very content with what we have, which is good, it’s definitely a positive thing to be satisfied with life but theres more to it. We are in a world that is developing at faster times than ever and the things that we will experience in our lives will astonish you beyond beliefYou forget that you are in a revolutionary universe that is writing itself and we have no clue about it whatsoever. There is an infinite amount of vastness and unknowing in the universe and anyone who claims they know anything about it is completely arrogant and naive.

Progression Via Lucid Dreaming

How does this craziness relate to lucid dreaming? Lucid dreaming is very much like life. It is like a video game version, almost like a more realistic sims. It doesn’t mimic our lives as a human, it mimics life as humanity. A lucid dream is a vast unknown place that despite what the dream surfers (I don’t know what you guys are calling yourselves these days) have to say, nobody knows everything about them. There is so much depth to a lucid dream that mimics the Universe in so many ways, the only difference is you can navigate a lucid dream. The depth of the Universe is unreal, to an extent that we cannot wrap our little human brans around. It is a big place that is very real. There are distances that make our celebrated trip to the moon seem like a walk to the fridge. The good thing about dreams is that we can navigate them and ask our subconscious anything. The most advance thing in the universe right now (that we know of) is the human brain and these dreams give us an opportunity to explore the mind that is often overlooked. Who knows what kinds of secrets to the universe are locked deep in our minds. We need to dedicate time and energy to try to unlock these secrets. There is no textbook way to do this as these are secrets yet to be unlocked or found. Next time your having a lucid dream, as bad as you want to summon a supermodel to spend the day with, delve into your mind, be an explorer, try to discover what it’s all about. Fly into space, try to meditate try something, make it known that you are on a quest for knowledge of the universe and its powers, you may be surprised what you receive. Personally, I am going to dedicate many nights to this topic and I encourage you to try it out as well. This interests me very much so please feel free to comment with Ideas, trials, comments, thoughts, anything! I hope you the best.

Good luck & Sweet Dreams
-JP

VERY interesting. I Totally agree with your understanding of time. I have just recently begun to wander away from the standard concept of time, (I have stopped wearing a watch and when people ask me for the time I tell them to look to the sky). I also like the concept of The normal game. This just shows that situation, like time , is relative. (and so is location)