Lucid Q&A

This is something I posted on another LD site… This community has helped me a great deal, and I want to help other people increase their lucid rate, but have no clue how exactly to do this. It’s not like I have a special technique to share, except possibly some alternatives to visualisation, since that is not possible for me…

So… yeah. If you want to share your own answers to the above questions, go ahead. If anyone has questions for me, feel free.

Thanks - I was really interested to hear that you have aphantasia. You’re one of the “statistical outliers” for LD frequency in most of the challenges, and an obvious research question would be — does high LD rate correlate with any other psychological characteristic we can measure? (If we only have a data point of just one person it could be a co-incidence, of course).

(Alternatively, maybe the aphantasia has nothing to do with it and you have higher LD rate because you’re spending more time on trying to do it.)

Yes unfortunately, the intersect between lucid dreamers and people with aphantasia is probably tiny - too tiny for a proper statistical analysis. Also many people with the condition claim to have no dreams, or dreams with no images, but this could be just poorly developed recall or a lack of interest in dreams.

You are quite right. It probably has nothing to do with it. Since I discovered it quite late, after spending (wasting?) countless hours trying to visualise, it is almost certainly not the reason for my high LD rate. As you say, it is more likely due to spending more time trying, or maybe my ongoing research for alternatives to visualisation has lead me to other methods to experiment with, that suit me better.

@Letaali - Interesting answers. You wrote that you attempt WILD daily - is that through visualisation or mindfulness? And is it that you just fall asleep normally during the attempt? Have you tried experimenting with timing and length of your WBTBs?

I do clear my mind when I want to fall asleep, so yeah, mindfulness and having the intention of becoming lucid clear on my mind. Yep, I fall asleep normally during my WILD attempts. I have tested my wbtb timings two years ago and found waking up after 5.5-6h of sleep to be the best time for lucid dreams. In the past months I’ve had trouble sleeping and I haven’t gotten back to a good sleep schedule, so that is slowing my progress a bit.

I should probably test different wbtb timings again. Maybe I should stay awake a bit longer too, dunno.

I thought I might join in.

And that, fairly well sums up my story.

O M G ! Now I want to try that too, haha! :lol:

Well im going to do this too, let´s see…

Nice idea, let’s do this !