Lucid Dream Log

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
Enz
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Lucid Dream Log
PostPosted: Wed 12 Oct, 2016  Reply with quote

I thought I would put all my efforts of getting lucid into one place, any advice would be appreciated.

Each night I eat a tryptophan food and go sleep somewhere from 9:30pm or 1am each night and wake at 10:30 am. I've started setting alarms for 7am, 8:30 am and 10am. I remember about 3 dreams per night, I wake from the dreams and can record about 1 to 3 sentences about the dream

Im reading how to master lucid dreaming by Sean Kelly. Doing reality checks throughout the day is easy for me to remember to do but the book teaches "prospective memory" which is choosing an object you see daily to remind you to do a reality check. Such as when you see your pet or a door handle, im not so good at this

I'm thinking of doing an induction technique but not sure which one to start with. Also I'm looking for a good practical guide on lucid dreaming

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 6.april

PostPosted: Wed 12 Oct, 2016  Reply with quote

Do you often experience false awakenings?

If you do, it can be a good idea to tie the reality check to an object you see immediately after waking up. I try to RC every time I see the poster on the wall of my old room in my parents' house, since a majority of my false awakenings and lucid dreams start there.

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Enz
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 13 Oct, 2016  Reply with quote

I think ive only had one false awakening, that I can remember

Enz
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 19 Oct, 2016  Reply with quote

because of my medication I sleep about 12 hours but I am able to remember about 3 dreams each night with the help of tuna or cheese

when I tried the SSILD I'm not sure if I did it right because I was sleepy. Im thinking of doing a WBTB with MILD, any tips?

Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 6.april

For me, the *purpose* of SSILD is to become more sleepy. I sometimes do it as a preparation for WILD.

WBTB+MILD used to be very effective for me! It can take several days before MILD shows noticeable effect though, it pays to be patient. siiw

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Ashiren
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 3+ per month

Re: Lucid Dream Log

Enz wrote:
Doing reality checks throughout the day is easy for me to remember to do but the book teaches "prospective memory" which is choosing an object you see daily to remind you to do a reality check. Such as when you see your pet or a door handle, im not so good at this

So train that, with time you will be better and you will notice most of the triggers. For example everyday choose 4 things that if you see/hear/experience them then youll remember to do RC. It's training just like training any other aspect. The prospective memory is important for MILD technique.

Enz
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Re: Lucid Dream Log
PostPosted: Sat 12 Nov, 2016  Reply with quote

Ashiren wrote:
Enz wrote:
Doing reality checks throughout the day is easy for me to remember to do but the book teaches "prospective memory" which is choosing an object you see daily to remind you to do a reality check. Such as when you see your pet or a door handle, im not so good at this

So train that, with time you will be better and you will notice most of the triggers. For example everyday choose 4 things that if you see/hear/experience them then youll remember to do RC. It's training just like training any other aspect. The prospective memory is important for MILD technique.

Could you give me some examples of things to trigger a RC?

sheilaanderson

PostPosted: Wed 11 Apr, 2018  Reply with quote

I think ive only had one false awakening

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare