Lucidity Challenge 56 - Winner: MearaDelia !

Non-lucid dream in which I do the “get trapped” and “save yourself” tasks.

The dream was in black and white, so I’ll claim the points for that too.

The other senses weren’t very clear, so I won’t claim them yet.

I’ve recently noticed that I wake up hearing music. It isn’t there in the real world - its something between a hypnopompic hallucination and just memory of the tune. Last night’s was Benny Benassi’s Beautiful People.

I won’t claim the task points for hearing/music because I’m not sure if I was fully asleep.

From last night’s non-lucid dreams:

-Saw something colored
-Hear something
-Hear voice
-Touch something

Indeed, I was not lucid. Am I right in understanding that no lucid tasks are half points?

Did the following tasks in a lucid dream last night: Touch something, feel texture, and see something coloured (whole dream was in colour).

Link to journal

Saved some people with teleporting in last night’s dream. Teleported into the ocean, feeling the cold water. Later I touched some sticky coins.

Claiming “Feel texture”, “Feel hot/cold” and “Famous superpower”. I think teleporting is pretty famous. It was a non-lucid dream.

I had several dream adventures last night, none of which got me any points. It was all in black and white vision, and it wasn’t clear if I had a sense of touch.

From last night’s non-lucid dream:

• Eat/drink something
  • Feel taste

Ate diced vegetables, drank cola.

Lucid dream, short duration (about 1 minute before I lost lucidity). My level of lucidity was fairly low, and I lost it quickly.

I claim the points for:

• short duration lucid dream
  • see in black and white, while lucid (previously done non-lucid)
  • see something coloured, non-lucid (blue grey vs neutral grey. I was possibly red-green blind or seeing with a very unnatural colour palette).
  • hear, while lucid
  • hear music, while lucid (Martin Garrix’s In the Name of Love)
  • touch something, non-lucid (I felt the flow of air against my bare skin. In later parts of the dream I had a sense of touch in my fingertips while picking up objects, rotating a combination lock, etc.)
  • feel texture, while non-lucid

The video settng changed spontaneously during the dream; I’m not sure if the change needs to be an intentional action by me to count for the task,

Normal dream,

*Wear a costume
*engage in a fight
*Hear something

It hasn’t been a particularly exciting dream week for me. :meh:

Correct

My idea was a bit different, but the description fits, so I am awarding you these points

This is fine, it seems your SC is reacting well to LC suggestions !
Congratulations on achieving lucidity - very few lucids in this LC…

You had already completed that task

As for me, I am travelling on a tight schedule, so got little time to focus on dreaming
Despite of that, I had some quite nice lucids I just posted :content:

Scores updated

I’m missing early points from week 2 and 3.

Broke though my dry LD spell today with an LD here which at 2-3 minutes long makes it a medium one for me. No task completed but was re-united with my nan again as she died several years ago. I genuinely felt like I had met her again. :smile:

Thanks for pointing that out, everyone was missing those :grin:

Congratulations on getting lucid !
Based on your DJ entry, I am also awarding you task points for “Eat smthg”, “Feel taste” + wk3 Early/Combo + “Superpower”, “Transform” + wk2 combo

Scores updated

O my god guys, I’ve been having my most lucid dream so far, and I’ve had 4 FLD/LD’s this week :happy: I am so grateful you are doing these challenges here, I’ve never had so much fun + success with lucid dreaming. :hurray: Much thanks to all of you!

I’m still very confused about the distiction between an FLD and an LD… Also I just re-read the LD4all description of FLD and realized I might have interpreted the term wrong all the time… I call something an FLD when in the dream I THINK I am lucid, but then when I wake up I realize it was just me dreaming I was having a lucid dream.

Anyhow, I thought it was most fair to devide my task points in LD/ND based on out of how much free wil and clear, lucid thinking about the challenge I completed the task.

GenghisKhan, these points are described in the 3 latest entries in my dream journal (covering 5 dreams in total): [Lucidity Challenge 56 - Winner: MearaDelia !)

LD points:

• Eat something
  • Not edible
  • Wearing a costume + Changing from normal cloth + Famous (Barbie in Starlight adventure, where she is a super heroe :razz:)
  • Use a superpower + new superpower + famous (carebear beam)
  • See something coloured
  • Hear something
  • Hear voices
  • Touch something
  • Feel texture

ND points:

• Mounting a horse (omg omg the most epic horse ride I’ve had in my life!)
  • Fly
  • See black and white + change video settings I think? (it were flashes of black and white, with colour in between)
  • And I think I saved people? I captured an evil magician.

I seem to be immune to smelling things in dreams :razz:

Meara, Wow, you are doing very well ! :happy:
Congratulations on all those tasks while lucid ! :smile:
Happy to hear the LC is providing the right motivation :smile:

Important: I have added you points for one Medium-length LD (please refer Scoring section of first post for further details)
You have to tell me: 1) if that sounds right, 2) if I should also add you points for achieving your Personal Goal (“Have a proper lucid dream”) and/or “First ever LD”, those are important score boosts :wink:

Scores updated

On my way to post Week 4 Tasks !

Welcome to Lucidity Challenge 56 - Week 4

Background

[spoiler]It’s 2 PM in dreamland-Chicago. The Dream Art Institute is long shut closed. A guy phases through the closed doors. He’s got a black bow on his back. It mus be LC56 host - how many sickos would walk around dressed like that ?

Genghis Khan starts speaking in a low voice to himself, pondering:

• Interesting visit, definitely
  • I wonder if LC participants are museum lovers too
  • Oh well, you know what ? I am the host, so I can make sure they get interested in art, if they care about scoring points at all !
  • Week 4 tasks are going to revolve around Art !
    [/spoiler]

Week 4 - Immortal art

• Visit a museum +10 pts (A place with several art pieces will do as well)

• Meet a famous artist +20 pts (It can be a famous ancient painter / writer, but also a modern singer, or entirely made-up by you !)

• Paint/draw/write smthg +20 pts

• See a painting +10 pts

• Famous +20 pts (It’s a dream version of a really existing painting - What’s the same ? What’s changing from the original ?)
    • Enter the picture +30 pts
  • See a statue +10 pts

• Greek/Roman-looking +20 pts
    • Sculpt/build something +20 pts (From a material or assembling stuff)
    • Animate statue +30 pts (Giving “life” to any kind of inanimate object will do)
  • Sing +20 pts (Does your voice stays the same ?)

• Play instrument +20 pts (Really existing instrument or invented ? Can you play it IWL ?)

• Dance +20 pts

• Take a photograph +20 pts

• Read a book +20 pts

Non-lucid dream in which I eat the last bit of a Christmas cake.

I claim the points for:

• eat drink something
  • taste it

I think this should count as ‘early’ for week three, as I did it last night.

The cake tasted exactly how I would exoect a Christmas cake to taste.

Another week with great tasks :happy: I’ve done everything except animating a statue before. I’m a lot better artist in my dreams.

These are great tasks for week 4 - thanks!

How much of the book do we need to read for the ‘read a book’ task? Will a few words/sentences do?