Lucid Living Topic - part II

Because RL keeps me too preoccupied to spend my time in this manner. :cry:
It’s ok though since I have other techs like MILD, WILD and DILD to fall back on. :content:

But can’t you be aware you might be dreaming as you do all your other important tasks :razz:? Well, in any case other techs can work as well, and what I’m talking about might need to be one of those things you discover for yourself as you have more LD’s. Heck, I haven’t even fully figured it out :tongue:

More like “being inside your body” kind of thing :smile:. i.e. cultivating a sense is bodily presence…whole body presence…while in the midst of daily activities. I like to add a little twist to that as well by telling myself, while cultivating this whole body presence in the midst of daily life, that “this is a dream”. I say “this is a dream” and then kind of let the implications of that “sink in”…to the point that it actually subtly shifts the quality of that awareness in a way that makes my perception of daily life more dream like…more intense and more ephemeral all at the same time

I’ve actually been able to get into that state a few times. I guess I just need to remind myself more often and put in a little extra effort :shy:

Moi, aussi :smile:

Oh so lucid living is the name of my goal…and the 15 hour thing sounds like a fun challeng that’ll keep me from sleeping in school since headphones are restricted :music: ^^

Now, this has become my method of choice :happy:
what better tool to induce lucidity than to shape your mind to recognize it naturally? i believe it’s better than relying on a technique.

On the plus side, i have a slight short-term memory loss from my prescriptions, and this has actually proven to be a good memory exercise at times :smile: especially when i combine this with a little prospective memory exercises. Good healthy side effect :smile:

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this, but I think there is an important aspect to lucid living which involves the same sort of response one can have when becoming lucid. When one becomes lucid he or she realizes the immense possibilities he or she has at their disposal. Sometimes it takes time to figure out what you want to do in a lucid dream; it takes a creative mind and clear communication with yourself to find out what you want to do in reality.

I believe this can be applied to waking life: irrational fears, insecurities, limiting self-perceptions, self-defeating thoughts/emotions, etc. are woken up from and seen for the illusions that they are…and at that point awareness of one’s potential expands, opening up a world of possibilities.

I think the heightened awareness of lucid living can be focused purposefully, and that purpose can be to liberate our self and others from the conditions of limitation and mediocrity. I assume we all feel deep down that we were born to live an amazing and great life; I think lucid living can nourish that feeling and expand it into reality…with patience, persistence, and choice.

Lucid Living becomes easier after some practice, to the point that you eventually don’t even think about doing it; it becomes a natural lifestyle.

another interesting read !

I sometimes practice LL by actively looking for anything during waking life that I would find even slightly illogical even if I only imagine it that way - and as soon as I react that way I do a serious RC.
Do you think this is effective?

Hey guys I’m sort of new to LL and plan on reading this entire thread later, can anyone give a quick recap or some useful tips?

My current goal is to merge dreams with reality, basically I want to make my waking reality more dream-like and magical whilst attaining a high level of awareness. I have achieved this once before but didn’t pursue it far enough.

I am starting to. I think that’s going to be the biggest factor for me. Even in RL, I’m always absorbed in my own thoughts to some degree that I don’t really pay attention to where I am or what I’m doing, unless I really have to.

Not to mention dreams, I swallow everything they throw at me without a second thought (or a first one for that matter). That, and my lack of DR, is killing my LD prospects. And that has to change. Like, now. Nope, still awake.

I love this subject and I find that doing reality checks is part of Lucid Living. The more I am raising my awareness of what is around me and not sleep walking through the day, the easier reality checks become and the less I take for granted. Lucid Dreamers are more alive in waking life than non dreamers are. Lucid dreamers are ones who practice lucid living. I am just beginning this journey!

[color=orange]Yeah that sounds good, Laurelindo. You’re conditioning yourself to RC at the sight of something questionable or illogical.

You could also discuss it briefly or bring it to the attention of nearby colleague to get their input. A DC 's response can be a good indicator of whether or not you’re dreaming since they tend to be incoherent or have something questionable about them (Strange hair, body language, unrealistic eye color, gradual change in appearance, etc.). [/color]

I try and look for odd/illogical things in everyday life as well. Turns out there are a lot of random things out there.

Also, I just picked up running again, and the paying attention to your surroundings part makes it much funnier in my opinion, especially since I noticed that the place where I usually run is actually very pretty. It also helps when I start feeling tired, to focus on what I see around me instead of trying to distract myself with random thoughts.

This is an excellent topic and one I have been focusing on. I do view my life as a sort of long dream that only in death do I awake from. Lucid living to me is just doing the opposite of sleep walking through it on auto pilot. You are creating the story of your life and also of those you live around, so mix it up and break up the routine. We get set in our ways pretty easily. I go to work and back home different routes even if it is longer every now and again. I have never had a lucid dream but I am doing everything I can do train myself to think lucidly. Reality Checks are important.

I feel like this is a wonderful topic, not just for triggering LDs, but also for living life to the fullest. I am certainly going to try to have this mindset more. :smile:

Also trying to adopt this mindset. Very interesting topic! :happy:

Hey anyone knows that how to stop swallowing during WILD method i am facing this issue very hardly