the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 74

Hello all

I’m here to build my motivation and be more consistent with my dreaming. I learned how to lucid dream when I was kid due to nightmares. I’ve dabbled with it off and on over the last several years. I can become lucid almost every night I try, but I’ve never moved beyond somewhat basic stuff. Flying etc.

Hoping to meet some people to learn off of and keep the motivation up. The challenges look interesting. Gonna try the mirror one first.

Im here for a month or so but hadnt disovered this topic yet…

So hi :smile: im MearaDelia, a 24 year old entrepreneur from the Netherlands, living in Germany. In my day to day life i run an online business, teaching people how to find love, wisdom, joy etc. Inside themselves through meditation.

I’ve always been very interested in lucid dreaming ever since i was a kid, and came here to participate in the lucidity challenge to find some extra motivation for lucid draming. Totally worked! So happy they are being organized here :smile: (and looking forward to hosting the next one myself soon!)

Hello xxPhoebusxx welcome to the forum. :wave:

I’ve only ever pressed my finger into a mirror - never gone through it.
As MearaDelia stated, the lucidity challenge is a good motivation tool. :grin:

Hello MearaDelia :wave:
I think you may be the first member to introduce yourself AFTER winning the lucidity challenge. :bow:
I’m glad that you are enjoying the forum.

Hi guys,

I’m not that new here, I visited the English forum last year. And I’ve been a member of the dutch forum for almost 4 years. Eventhough I’ve tried lucid dreaming for 4 years now, I only had 3 (short) LD’s :sad:

But I started at university this september and I’m living by myself now, so I hope to get more dreams soon!

Welcome back jellysammy. I found your original intro post :yay: [the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 73 - #25 by jellysammy)

:thumbs: Remember whatever method you use, your chances improve with WBTB

Even with short LDs you get that awesome feeling when you realise that you are IN A DREAM. :spinning:

Well Moogle I can try WBTB now, without worrying to wake up my dad with my alarm :razz:

Nice that you’ve found my original post! :happy: Feels good to be back :smile:

Hey everyone! I’m new here… I got some extra excitement for lucid dreaming again since I started doing reality checks every time I pee, and since I drink a lot of water and pee every 30-45 minutes, that’s a lot of reality checks! I got lucid last night and I feel like this is going to work, so I created an account here.

I hope we’ll have some interesting discussions :happy:

Welcome to ld4all MeatComputer, toilet breaks are a great natural WBTB and good RC opportunity.

But I am a little concerned about the amount of fluids and urination, might be an idea to get checked for diabetes? :peek:

Moogle, cute name = D I kept track of how often I really peed, turns out it’s more like once every 60-90 minutes, so nothing to worry about.

Hello! I’m new here. :smile: I’ve had 3 lucid dreams so far without really trying. The first one I had, I was actually doing an internal monologue after something amazing happened when I said, “Pinch me, I must be dreaming!” I humored myself by doing so and, to my surprise, I didn’t feel a thing, and realized I really was dreaming! The other two were both smaller but actually much more impactful LDs I managed to have while napping. I’d classify all 3 as low lucidity dreams, as I only realized I was dreaming for a brief amount of time, and struggled to maintain my autonomy. The next step for me is to try and immerse myself more in the hobby so I can LD regularly and hopefully reach higher levels of lucidity. And that’s why I’m here! I’m so happy to know there’s such an active LD community online with such a long history.

Welcome Supernova888! Congrats on your LDs!

Hello Supernova888 :wave: welcome to ld4all and congrats on your 3 low lucidity dreams. There is an amazing amount of LD information on the forum (including the two archives which go back to 1999 :thud: ), enjoy browsing and if you have any questions just ask. :spinning:

The name I use is Yainderidoo. (Yain as my name sounds in english and the last part comes form “didgeridoo”)
I knew about Lucid Dreaming before but never did anything with it until recently.
I’m Autistic and have a very active “innercritic”. So to do something about that I’ve read a lot about Buddhism, Taoism, you name it to bring some rest in my head. Mindfulness and Awareness are my codewords these days. And from reading several books about “enlightenment” I finally came to reading (again) about Lucid Dreaming. One of my sons has a book about LD (Laberge) but being not enough for my “reading hunger” I now have the most important books on my Ipad or in paper.
Dream Recall is now my most important goal and I can say it works! Before I recalled 3, maybe 4 dreams in a year. Since I started at the end of last year with this practice I’ve recalled 12 dreams, some short and some long. Twice I recalled 2 in one night.
Being Lucid in my dreams is of course next, but I don’t want to rush things and want to fill my mind with lots of things that can help me when and if I actually do get Lucid.

I’m 57, male, and have the problems many men of my age have. 2 to 3 times every night I have to go to the toilet. Sometimes this helps to recall this or that but I think it interferes also with recalling dreams.

I already can say that all this dream study changes how I think and it enhances my awareness. I like to think of this all to make it my life goal.

Hope to learn a lot and do some posting every now and then.
Until then…greetings from Fryslân.

Greetings Yain! Dream recall is a good starting point. Good luck with lucid dreaming!

:wave: hello Yainderidoo, welcome to the forum

Any LD induction method works better with WBTB (wake back to bed) and since toilet breaks are natural WBTBs, they should eventually help.

Stabilising the LD :smile: - rubbing your hands together and saying commands ‘more lucidity’ etc really help.

I look forward to hearing about your first LD. :dream:

Thanks for the welcome, and Moogle thanks for the tips.
I’ll keep the WBTB in mind when on my way back from the toilet break. :wink:
:om:

Hello all, I’m new to this forum but not to lucid dreaming. Nice to meet you all!

welcome to ld4all Night Hob. :wave: Hope the forum gives you lots of LD inspiration.

The other night my friend had a lucid dream, thus introducing me to the whole concept. It even made me realize that a long time ago, I too had a lucid dream, although I did not realize what was happening at the time. This realization has awakened a deep want inside me. I want to experience my dreams, and I want to control them. I feel this can ultimately become an immensely powerful tool, and as such have begun reading many a forum posts, both here and in other L.D. communities. I am glad that so many of you share my understanding and look forward to unlocking my astral body!

Hello Cloudlumps, welcome to ld4all.

That’s great. Since you have already had a LD in the past, you KNOW you can do it again. :yay: … and also chat about lucidity with your friend.