Llaca Night Life!
print ShareShare 

Lucidity or fake lucidity?

Page 1 of 1

Author  Message 
MearaDelia
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
MearaDelia has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Lucidity or fake lucidity?
PostPosted: Sat 12 Nov, 2016  Reply with quote

It so often happens to me that Im becoming lucid in a dream and it feels very real to me in that moment - but then when I wake up and from that perspective it doesnt really seem that I was lucid. (I would for instance do things in the dream that I dont think I would have done if I was really-really lucid)

How can I know if a dream was lucid, or if I was just dreaming I was lucid? It seems such a vague line.

And from this very low or fake lucidity, how can you make yourself become more lucid and conscious so to have an actual lucid dream where you consiousness is exactly the same as during the day?

Would love tohear your thoughts on this!

obfusc8
obfuscate! :P
cookie lover
obfusc8 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Mon 14 Nov, 2016  Reply with quote

I had a similar situation for a while after changing/experimenting with a new MILD mantra. It caused me to get loads of false/low level lucids - the ones where you have control and know you are dreaming, but tend to go along with the given plot line/scenario rather than pursuing goals.

Out of interest, what method(s) do you use to induce lucid dreams?

snorleck

PostPosted: Thu 15 Dec, 2016  Reply with quote

obfusrc8 wrote:
I had a similar situation for a while after changing/experimenting with a new MILD mantra. It caused me to get loads of false/low level lucids - the ones where you can try the kw finder and have control and know you are dreaming, but tend to go along with the given plot line/scenario rather than pursuing goals.

Out of interest, what method(s) do you use to induce lucid dreams?

I've had this a lot lately too. It's difficult to really become lucid.

Last edited by snorleck on Tue 02 May, 2017; edited 2 times in total
Siiw
Infinite Impatience
Globahead
Siiw has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: last 6.april

Generally, if I can remember things like today's date, my own address, where I went to bed, it is a real LD. False LDs are often full of false memories.

I have no good answer to the question though. This happens more often to me in periods where I focus more on lucid dreaming. It is a good sign, it means that the idea of lucid dreaming is there in the subconscious!

Current LD goal(s): To bring back a song

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Tggtt
Host of LC60®
cookie lover
Tggtt has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

I forgot to answer this earlier.

My simple "rule of thumb" for this is that whenever you have a real full LDs you don't get unsure about it.

This doesn't mean non full LDs are bad. In fact, one of my long time wishes is how to manage to incubate half LDs or false LDs correctly in which you have nice FMs and believe they are real.

Surprisingly though, it seems to be much easier to incubate full LDs with a desired setting/plot.

AnthonyOwens

PostPosted: Fri 06 Jul, 2018  Reply with quote

Tggtt wrote:
Surprisingly though, it seems to be much easier to incubate full LDs with coming here and buying phenq a desired setting/plot.

I'm sorry, but I'm new to the concepts of LDs and I don't find incubate full LDs with a desired setting/plot easy. How do you do that?

Last edited by AnthonyOwens on Sat 14 Jul, 2018; edited 1 time in total
Tggtt
Host of LC60®
cookie lover
Tggtt has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

PostPosted: Sat 07 Jul, 2018  Reply with quote

AnthonyOwens wrote:
Tggtt wrote:
Surprisingly though, it seems to be much easier to incubate full LDs with a desired setting/plot.

I'm sorry, but I'm new to the concepts of LDs and I don't find incubate full LDs with a desired setting/plot easy. How do you do that?

Hello AnthonyOwens,

I am sorry for confusing information, I will try to clarify.

It seems to be much easier to incubate full LDs with a desired setting/plot than incubating a NLD with desired setting/plot.
I am talking about my past NDC experience.
Apparently, when I am successful at incubating a dream, I have the hint that it's a dream. I tried hard to incubate NDs but it's harder.

It doesn't mean incubating LDs are easier than having NDs.

I hope it helps.

Clandestine
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jul, 2018  Reply with quote

I guess I'm at a low level of lucidity in my LDs because all of mine have been like these where you have awareness and some control but aren't fully conscious. It feels like you are while in it but you aren't really.

Each one that I have I seem to have more and more control and awareness over so I think I'm guessing close to a real LD as long as I keep going.

FanStar
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 100

PostPosted: Sat 18 Aug, 2018  Reply with quote

It doesn't matter the length of the dream. As long as you can remember when you wake up, that you did have a lucid dream. Then it was a lucid dream.
Start with that, build up your ld count and be on the look out for your dream signs.

Current LD goal(s): To fine the right portal back into this world.
Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare