Lucid Challenge 58 - winner - Koal44

Lucid dream, short duration (15 sec). After losing lucidity, I make a drawing inspired by Robert Rauschenberg (+ Andy Warhol). No tasks done (though the original collage by Rauschenberg that I’m alluding to included one of the Apollo astronauts, which would have been a task completion if I’d managed to include that bit).

I also claim points for dream control (drawing in a dream using a different technique from usual). Feel free to argue that its not “control” as I lost lucidity while doing it…

(The painting I’m thinking of is Retroactive I by Rauschenberg).

Had a short lucid dream tonight (three nights in a row!) but I seem to have a problem remembering tasks in a lucid dream. Better next time :smile:

Well, I’ve been sitting on this computer in this van for a few hours now. The sun has now set in a beautiful lightshow, and now the moon is reciprocating the action. Last night I stared at the stars for about an hour before bed (if you count where I sleep as “bed”), so theas tasks are perfectly fitting.

Let’s get lucid! Goodnight!

Well, after what seems like a year long+ lucid dry spell, I figured it would be interesting to dive back in and see if I could manage to actually score any lucid points from this challenge. It was the first post I saw after returning to ld4all, so why not?

After seeing the first task though, there was a bit of irony in the whole thing, as with the last couple of years my lucid dreams getting fewer and far between (what a scary thought!), i’ve been spending nearly all of them firing myself off into space just to see what happens and what’s out there. Needless to say, this task was just too suiting, and one of my favorite things to do!.. Not only that, but it seems i was able to actually get something :smile:

I had a dream last night about travelling through some kind of dying world. I was some sort of deity to the world, like an oracle, or some other divinely guided spirit, that was not too attached to the world. In my travels, I came across someone on a type of half-motorcycle… More irony :tongue: (but no, it wasn’t obfusc8, unfortunately…). He seemed like some kind of racer, but I believe he was lost and couldn’t find his way to society… so before him seeing me, i conjured up my own wheeled cycle, and rode up past him, circling around him as if provoking him to race me along the “travel road” I was travelling. He responded by doing as such. We raced through the world, through broken roads and messy terrain, and I led him to a gathering of people sheltered down in an old bunker type building as he tried to keep up. After motioning that the race was over, and that I had won, with him now safe with society, i took off without a word…

Back on the road in my travels, I looked up at the night sky, and it hit me. That little spark of lucidity… Remembering the task, I knew what i had to do. The dream world at this moment however felt very much like I was in some sort of plastic dome, and I felt that if I tried to shoot off into space like i normally do, i would simply collide with the plastic ceiling that was meant to be the starry sky. It wasn’t much of a problem though, as I simply opened up a hole in the ceiling, revealing the -true- night sky. Now, how to get there?

Years ago, somewhere in either irc, or online, there was a discussion about flight, or moving at speeds in the dream world. As someone so elequently put it, “Lumessence doesn’t move… She just sort of moves the entire dream around her.” This was not really a different case, as I locked my grasp on the dream around me, and moved it downward, immediatly causing the surface to speed away from me, and the hole in the ceiling approach. As I reached the hole in the ceiling however, something odd happened… Instead of me being able to leave, i entered the hole and I began to loop, as if the hole was a portal to the ground beneath me. The dream world rapidly flew by me continuously a few times before I found myself stationary on the ground once again, no longer lucid…

Lucidity lasted for a very brief moment, and I was unable to enter space…
Perhaps another time then :smile:

I’ma go ahead and claim one ND and fragmentary points for today. I slept only 3 hours, but yay recall!?

I will be posting all dreams (or as much as I can) in my DJ. I’ll likely not link them all the time, but they will be starting from today’s post, if anyone actually wants to read them.

Here’s to the beginning of the LC!

I will keep my week 1 in this post, updating it daily.

SPOILER - Click to view

1.4 - 3 Fragments
2.4 - 2 Fragments
3.4 - 1 Fragment + 1 ND + 1 LD (Extremely short)
4.4 - 4 NDs
5.4 -3 Fragments + 2 NDs
6.4 - 3 NDs + 3 Fragments Still no tasks :sad:
7.4 -

I’m going ahead and claim points for a full ND. Can’t write it in my DJ here (exams :’( )

Hey, Obfusc8, just notice your issue with the Score Sheet. The forum currently has issues with links over about 40 characters. I suggest using a shortened url: tinyurl.com/lphz57z <- This should work fine, for instance.

Non-lucid fragments, in which I am in a spaceship flying over a dormant star. I’ll claim the points for recalling a fragment and for the “fly fast through space” task. Possibly also the “see an item related to space travel” if the spaceship I’m in counts.

Okay the first score update is in. Let me know if you feel anything has been missed or is wrong:
Score sheet
Thanks Eilatan for fixing the link! :smile:

Congrats to everyone who got lucid on the first night, keep it up. I will do my best to read your DJs daily and keep track of non-lucids/fragments, or you can help me out with a list like Letaali’s.

@Susan_Y - Grats on becoming lucid. I have not given dream control points since it sounds like the painting was commenced after losing lucidity. However the fragment of being in a spaceship counts as seeing space tech. I didn’t see any description about the speed of said flight through space though. The task is about moving fast (Hyperspace, warp speed, at least seeing some blurred stars) rather than slow orbit of a star or planet. Please let me know if you feel you achieved this too. Cool fragment though, shame it wasn’t longer! :happy:

@Lumessence - Nice dream and a very interesting attempt on a task. Big thumbs up for the half-motorbike race too. :cool:

WEEK 1

SPOILER - Click to view

Dumb fragment + dumber ND -no tasks done-
1 fragment about preparing for a trip to France - won’t bother writing that up
Fragment + Short LD (Eat a star task)
1 fragment

Love this week’s tasks, by the way.

I can recall normal dreams every night, if I claim the points will that give me 1 point each night or do misunderstand the fragment points?

@JimMorrison - Non lucid dreams are worth 2pts each. Fragments are when you have one or a few vague bits of recall but not a full dream. Fragments are limited to 1pt a night because, in my opinion, they should not be worth more than a well recalled dream. So let me know how many normal dreams you have each night and I’ll add them to the scores.

On phone atm so cant update your points, En’enra)

Right. I’ll claim 4 points for the 2 normal dreams I had. Had 1 normal dream on April 1th and 1 on April 2nd. Thanks :smile:

Had 1 ND here this morning. It showed signs of being a FLD.

@obfusc8: My unconscious seems to know that you can be travelling really really fast in space without much sense of movement, because the scenery you’re flying past is really far away (and there almost no air resistance from the vacuum of space). Anyway, there wasnt much of a sense of speed so I wont claim that task.

Brief Lucid moment, and full ND.

Well, during a nap I had probably my shortest lucid dream yet. I feel dirty calling it a lucid dream, but I’m doing it.

^^ It all counts, guys, no matter how briefly you were lucid. :smile:

Scores are updated

EDIT: The totals were wrong, that’s fixed now.

Had two NDs here this morning. Both were very nicely detailed :smile: