I want to try to experiment with lower quality sleep...

Almost 2 months ago, I made this post: ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … highlight=
^^Please read that before reading the rest of this and before replying.

I would also like to add that whenever I sleep at a lower quality than usual, such as when I sleep while on vacation, I remember more dreams; most of the 9 LD’s that I’ve stabilized were during a situation where I got lower quality sleep.

This gives me the feeling that I sleep TOO GOOD.
I do not know if this is true or not.

I want to try to do this, but have no idea how. I don’t want to do anything that would make it take hours to fall asleep, either.

Do you guys have issues with this? Would this work? How would I achieve it?

Very interesting: Just last night (the night after I posted the original post), I had successfully stabilized my 10th LD. That’s cool. It was also the first LD that was long enough for me to do anything with.

Something else interesting happened, doesn’t really have to do with this, though: When I was stabilizing the dream, I decided to rub my hands together. Then, I did something weird and started to visualize myself rubbing my hands together. Then I kinda became a DO in the dream. Then, I slowly gained a body of my own, and was able to change the DC that previously was the body I was embodying. That was weird, but cool.

That is weird and cool!

The sleeping hard makes me wonder if you get enough sleep.

Poor quality sleep is probably light sleep. But in my opinion slight sleep is better obtained as extra naps or at the end of a long sleep before waking.

I do get enough sleep.

So, moogle, you are saying that I should nap? I’m not really that fond of napping.

Instead, how about setting one alarm for 1 hour before you need to get up? Then having a lighter sleep before getting up.

If I do that, I would probably go full on with CAT. But, I would probably sleep through that alarm anyway. I wish I would DEILD more after a natural wake-up, but that is still kinda hard (referring to the nature of natural wake-ups).

Ticonderoda, how many hours do you sleep at night? I’m am happy for you that your technique is working but Im just wondering?

For what its worth, I’ve noticed a similar effect when i’m sleeping in an unfamiliar place, such as on vacation, camping, or just spending the night at someone elses house. I have much better dream recall and usually remember dreams extremely vividly when i’m sleeping in an unfamiliar place. When I just wake up early in my normal bed or get less hours of sleep it doesn’t change much for me. Perhaps worth looking into

Yes same here! For working reasons I sleep in Hotels often and I always have a better dream memory when I dont wake up in my own bed …