Inner monologue

When trying to LD using WBTB coupled with SSILD I seem to talk to myself, in my head, about what I should be doing (are you supposed to be talking to yourself?). I feel that this is holding me back from entering a sleep state and ultimately an LD. I’m hoping the amazing people here can suggest some ways of not doing this or some ways to embrace the thoughts without actually saying them in my head.

Well I guess everybody is talking to hisself in his head, when they concentrate on getting a lucid dream. Me too, especially when I do SSILD but that doesnt prevent me of getting a LD, so maybe you just relax a little bit more and dont think of “the voices in your head”. :smile:

I have to say I agree with Insomnia44, that the internal monologue is nearly always present and ought not to be the source of your troubles. Trying to control the monologue in your head is often counterproductive, as you’ll quickly find that your mind isn’t quite willing to cooperate. That being said, the quickest way I know of to quell the chatter a bit is to focus on your breath. It may be effective to substitute this over your internal monologue during an SSILD. For example, at the beginning of your first cycle you’d be focusing on your field of vision and your breath, rather than focusing on your field of vision and the word “vision”, or whatever.

I’ll give this a try as well, as you’ve now got me curious about the effects of talking through my processes in my head…